X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

lets talk about loyalty

how come if a player wants a big contract, they are considered money hunger, selfish players?

how come if a team cuts a loyal leader that has served his team well and always been a team player it is just called business?

should be some interesting answers.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

you will be graded on this...
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• PA Season Ticket Holder
      You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
      • Jul 2002

Get over Sam Adams dude,lol

With all them zonebucks you're making off of Sam Adams, you should be buying some squares

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home

Comment

• jdbillsfan
        • Oct 2002

I would like to hear what the explanation is for cutting Centers. He has been a quality player who gives it his all every time he is in the game and it seemed like the coaches liked him....

Don't really agree, so I don't have an answer for you T.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

this is not specifically directed at sam.. this is for any player.. and about how management trashes other good ones (and that is NOT specifically directed at centers either)..

i am just looking for a debate..

PA.. you fail.

Comment

• Billz_fan
            • Jan 2003

I completely agree Tatonka in fact I stated much the same thing in this thread last night

Well.............

I see both angles really. Sam is sounding much like a bussiness man.

You have to remember that these guys are asked (by us mostly) to show loyalty to there team and the game.

When there career is winding down though or they enter into the later part of a contract that pays them large amounts of money they then become expendable and loyalty by the team (certainly) and the fan base (high percentage) goes out the window.

They have an undetermined amount of time to make all they can cus when it's over, it's definatly over and loyalty is severed by all.
            The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

bf.. i am not saying that i have an opinion on this.. either way.. well i do.. but i am not stating it.. i am stating facts above.

i would like to hear peoples reason..

but yours is well writen.. and i think that post among others is what made me think of this.

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                I'm Really 4 and Short
                • Sep 2002

They're called selfish players because they are trying to screw the team over by trying to take more than what they're worth. They're considered selfish because they put they're needs in front of the team's needs.

When a loyal player leaves, he is usually confronted about it..takes huge pay-cuts and such. Look at LeRoy Butler.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by 4thAndLong
                  They're called selfish players because they are trying to screw the team over by trying to take more than what they're worth. They're considered selfish because they put they're needs in front of the team's needs.

When a loyal player leaves, he is usually confronted about it..takes huge pay-cuts and such. Look at LeRoy Butler.

man 4th I don't know, I think we went way past what the atheletes themselves are worth (should be making) long ago.

It's a "cat outta the bag" and has been for several years. Not as bad as baseball but......it's gonna get there.

Kickers are millionaires shoot I don't know if I can spell millionaire let alone imagine being one
                  The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by 4thAndLong

but what loyalties do teams show to players that players should recipricate? would you agree that when a player is no longer good, he gets fired? are teams loyal to players who dont win and make the team money?

and how is a player selfish if a team will pay what he wants? what responsibility does a player have to another player on the team? to the player behind him that wants his job?

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                      I'm Really 4 and Short
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Billz_fan

Kickers are millionaires shoot I don't know if I can spell millionaire let alone imagine being one
                      How many games do kickers decide?

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

what loyalty does a team show to a player like priest holmes.. clearly the best player in the nfl for two years, working on a 4 year 8 mill contract..

he says i would like to make what the chumps above me are making that dont produce half of what i do.. and the team says play out your contract, knowing that by the time it is over, he wont be worth the big bucks at that time cuz he will be 3 years older.. which means he may never get paid the great cash that a player of his caliber should in comparison to his peers.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

do you think when players see situations like priest holmes they still believe in the whole "lets be a team player" dream?

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                            I'm Really 4 and Short
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka

but what loyalties do teams show to players that players should recipricate? would you agree that when a player is no longer good, he gets fired? are teams loyal to players who dont win and make the team money?

and how is a player selfish if a team will pay what he wants? what responsibility does a player have to another player on the team? to the player behind him that wants his job?
                            If a player is no longer good, it depends on the situation.

A player is selfish because he is putting himself over the team. Isn't selfish putting yourself ahead of others?

If a team pays what he wants it depends on the situation. Adams was wanted more money than what he was worth. He's done that in the past. This guy is a me-me player.

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                              I'm Really 4 and Short
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              do you think when players see situations like priest holmes they still believe in the whole "lets be a team player" dream?
                              Priest has not spoke publically about his contract that I know off.

Priest's and Sam's situations are totally different.

Yes, they do still believe in that motto. Football is about winning.

Comment

Working...
                              X