• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wally The Barber
    • Jul 2007

Who is the #1 Pct QB in the AFC?

77.8 Pct

Its that wasted #3 draft pick of ours! (lol)
    Beware of Sarcasm
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Who is the #1 Pct QB in the AFC?

Averging only 5.6 yards but he's got the zip for the downfield pass.

He's been prudent and checked off for the short dump pass a bit more than normal...but for a Rook, that's heady stuff.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train

He's been prudent and checked off for the short dump pass a bit more than normal...but for a Rook, that's heady stuff.
      I take the scouting reports at face value that say he's got a strong arm. I have a suspicon that the Bills coaching staff is schooling Edwards the same way they did Losman through the first 5-6 games of last season, calling mostly short and mid range plays and insisting he not hold on to the ball for more than 3 seconds. Once he's shown he has the discipline to do that for a while, they'll let him open things up a bit more. That might not even be this year, however, since he's not going to start. I imagine the Bills are hoping they can put a whupping on a few teams this season so Trent can get some time in mop up duty with no pressure.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by TigerJ
        I take the scouting reports at face value that say he's got a strong arm. I have a suspicon that the Bills coaching staff is schooling Edwards the same way they did Losman through the first 5-6 games of last season, calling mostly short and mid range plays and insisting he not hold on to the ball for more than 3 seconds. Once he's shown he has the discipline to do that for a while, they'll let him open things up a bit more. That might not even be this year, however, since he's not going to start. I imagine the Bills are hoping they can put a whupping on a few teams this season so Trent can get some time in mop up duty with no pressure.
        I would hope he would get a series or two before the regular season ends but as the training camp comes to an end I have to believe Craig Nall will be elsewhere.
        Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Wally The Barber
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Night Train

Trent Edwards has a good shot at #2 and I hope he continues to look like a starting QB in the NFL.
          You never know when you might need him.
          Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Wally
            http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...=0&Submit=Find

77.8 Pct

Its that wasted #3 draft pick of ours! (lol)
            Big deal. About 50% of his playing time has came against players that will be pumping gas next month.

The list can go on and on about how many players tear up the preseason, and especially QB's, but they don't do squat their entire NFL career. This is the only month for some players career that they have to shine.

Not saying Edwards will be a career backup or bum but don't get to far ahead of yourself over preseason stats especially when a lot of his passes has been 2 yards from the line of scrimmage.

I'm sure you remember Rob Johnson don't you? Go check his preseason stats early in his career. How about Curtis Alexander? Go check his preseason stats. He looked like L.T. but he never had a regular season game carry as far as I believe and once released by Buffalo he never fell on with another team either.

Comment

• BillsFever21
              • Aug 2004

7 of the Top 10 QB's for that list is Kellen Clemens, Billy Volek, Andrew Walter, Kyle Boller, Charlie Frye, David Garrard and Kerry Collins.

Them are some great names to be associated with. Kerry Collins is back baby. Going to lead the Titans to the SB after he takes Vince Young's job.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

Peyton Manning is 22nd in Passer Rating. He became washed up pretty quick. Carson Palmer is 28th. Tom Brady is 40th. These guys really suck.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                  Big deal. About 50% of his playing time has came against players that will be pumping gas next month.

The list can go on and on about how many players tear up the preseason, and especially QB's, but they don't do squat their entire NFL career. This is the only month for some players career that they have to shine.

Not saying Edwards will be a career backup or bum but don't get to far ahead of yourself over preseason stats especially when a lot of his passes has been 2 yards from the line of scrimmage.

I'm sure you remember Rob Johnson don't you? Go check his preseason stats early in his career. How about Curtis Alexander? Go check his preseason stats. He looked like L.T. but he never had a regular season game carry as far as I believe and once released by Buffalo he never fell on with another team either.
                  So, you would rather Trent Edwards had crummy stats so he can have a better chance of becoming a great QB in the future.
                  He simply needs to throw a few interceptions on Friday!
                  I know I will feel better!
                  Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                    Peyton Manning is 22nd in Passer Rating. He became washed up pretty quick. Carson Palmer is 28th. Tom Brady is 40th. These guys really suck.
                    Tooooooo funnnnnnnny !
                    I simply gave you his stats and they are pretty good, you can read it anyway you want!

You would think Edwards plays for the Dolphins the way some of you guys act!
                    Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Risin
                      • Aug 2004

Tooooooo funnnnnnnny !
                      I simply gave you his stats and they are pretty good, you can read it anyway you want!

You would think Edwards plays for the Dolphins the way some of you guys act!
                      I think people are already getting sick of the woody you have for him.

Just a guess.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Risin
                        I think people are already getting sick of the woody you have for him.

Just a guess.
                        Now you have me depressed! (lol)

As long as he is a Bufalo Bill you better get used to it!
                        Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• raphael120
                          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                          • Oct 2005

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by raphael120
                            You obviously do not know what it is!
                            Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• BillsFever21
                              • Aug 2004

So, you would rather Trent Edwards had crummy stats so he can have a better chance of becoming a great QB in the future.
                              He simply needs to throw a few interceptions on Friday!
                              I know I will feel better!
                              No. But acting like you can already determine how well of a draft pick he was from a couple halves during preseason is stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X