PDA

View Full Version : Who is the #1 Pct QB in the AFC?

Wally The Barber
08-22-2007, 05:41 PM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=0011&statisticCategory=PASSING&seasonString=2007-PRE&experience=null&tabSeq=0&Submit=Find

77.8 Pct

Its that wasted #3 draft pick of ours! (lol)

Night Train
08-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Averging only 5.6 yards but he's got the zip for the downfield pass.

He's been prudent and checked off for the short dump pass a bit more than normal...but for a Rook, that's heady stuff.

TigerJ
08-22-2007, 08:02 PM

He's been prudent and checked off for the short dump pass a bit more than normal...but for a Rook, that's heady stuff.I take the scouting reports at face value that say he's got a strong arm. I have a suspicon that the Bills coaching staff is schooling Edwards the same way they did Losman through the first 5-6 games of last season, calling mostly short and mid range plays and insisting he not hold on to the ball for more than 3 seconds. Once he's shown he has the discipline to do that for a while, they'll let him open things up a bit more. That might not even be this year, however, since he's not going to start. I imagine the Bills are hoping they can put a whupping on a few teams this season so Trent can get some time in mop up duty with no pressure.

Wally The Barber
08-23-2007, 05:17 AM
I take the scouting reports at face value that say he's got a strong arm. I have a suspicon that the Bills coaching staff is schooling Edwards the same way they did Losman through the first 5-6 games of last season, calling mostly short and mid range plays and insisting he not hold on to the ball for more than 3 seconds. Once he's shown he has the discipline to do that for a while, they'll let him open things up a bit more. That might not even be this year, however, since he's not going to start. I imagine the Bills are hoping they can put a whupping on a few teams this season so Trent can get some time in mop up duty with no pressure.

I would hope he would get a series or two before the regular season ends but as the training camp comes to an end I have to believe Craig Nall will be elsewhere.

Wally The Barber
08-23-2007, 05:20 AM

He's been prudent and checked off for the short dump pass a bit more than normal...but for a Rook, that's heady stuff.

Trent Edwards has a good shot at #2 and I hope he continues to look like a starting QB in the NFL.
You never know when you might need him.

BillsFever21
08-23-2007, 05:35 AM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=0011&statisticCategory=PASSING&seasonString=2007-PRE&experience=null&tabSeq=0&Submit=Find

77.8 Pct

Its that wasted #3 draft pick of ours! (lol)

Big deal. About 50% of his playing time has came against players that will be pumping gas next month.

The list can go on and on about how many players tear up the preseason, and especially QB's, but they don't do squat their entire NFL career. This is the only month for some players career that they have to shine.

Not saying Edwards will be a career backup or bum but don't get to far ahead of yourself over preseason stats especially when a lot of his passes has been 2 yards from the line of scrimmage.

I'm sure you remember Rob Johnson don't you? Go check his preseason stats early in his career. How about Curtis Alexander? Go check his preseason stats. He looked like L.T. but he never had a regular season game carry as far as I believe and once released by Buffalo he never fell on with another team either.

BillsFever21
08-23-2007, 05:38 AM
7 of the Top 10 QB's for that list is Kellen Clemens, Billy Volek, Andrew Walter, Kyle Boller, Charlie Frye, David Garrard and Kerry Collins.

Them are some great names to be associated with. Kerry Collins is back baby. Going to lead the Titans to the SB after he takes Vince Young's job.

BillsFever21
08-23-2007, 05:40 AM
Peyton Manning is 22nd in Passer Rating. He became washed up pretty quick. Carson Palmer is 28th. Tom Brady is 40th. These guys really suck.

Wally The Barber
08-23-2007, 05:52 AM
Big deal. About 50% of his playing time has came against players that will be pumping gas next month.

The list can go on and on about how many players tear up the preseason, and especially QB's, but they don't do squat their entire NFL career. This is the only month for some players career that they have to shine.

Not saying Edwards will be a career backup or bum but don't get to far ahead of yourself over preseason stats especially when a lot of his passes has been 2 yards from the line of scrimmage.

I'm sure you remember Rob Johnson don't you? Go check his preseason stats early in his career. How about Curtis Alexander? Go check his preseason stats. He looked like L.T. but he never had a regular season game carry as far as I believe and once released by Buffalo he never fell on with another team either.

So, you would rather Trent Edwards had crummy stats so he can have a better chance of becoming a great QB in the future.
He simply needs to throw a few interceptions on Friday!
I know I will feel better!

Wally The Barber
08-23-2007, 05:53 AM
Peyton Manning is 22nd in Passer Rating. He became washed up pretty quick. Carson Palmer is 28th. Tom Brady is 40th. These guys really suck.

Tooooooo funnnnnnnny !
I simply gave you his stats and they are pretty good, you can read it anyway you want!

You would think Edwards plays for the Dolphins the way some of you guys act!

Risin
08-23-2007, 06:36 AM
Tooooooo funnnnnnnny !
I simply gave you his stats and they are pretty good, you can read it anyway you want!

You would think Edwards plays for the Dolphins the way some of you guys act!

I think people are already getting sick of the woody you have for him.

Just a guess.

Wally The Barber
08-23-2007, 03:47 PM
I think people are already getting sick of the woody you have for him.

Just a guess.

Now you have me depressed! (lol)

As long as he is a Bufalo Bill you better get used to it!

raphael120
08-23-2007, 03:50 PM
:spam:

Wally The Barber
08-23-2007, 04:06 PM
:spam:

You obviously do not know what it is!

BillsFever21
08-23-2007, 09:18 PM
So, you would rather Trent Edwards had crummy stats so he can have a better chance of becoming a great QB in the future.
He simply needs to throw a few interceptions on Friday!
I know I will feel better!

No. But acting like you can already determine how well of a draft pick he was from a couple halves during preseason is stupid.

PECKERWOOD
08-23-2007, 09:25 PM
7 of the Top 10 QB's for that list is Kellen Clemens, Billy Volek, Andrew Walter, Kyle Boller, Charlie Frye, David Garrard and Kerry Collins.

Them are some great names to be associated with. Kerry Collins is back baby. Going to lead the Titans to the SB after he takes Vince Young's job.

Yah.

Look at Carson Palmer he has thrown 0 touchdowns or look at Tom Brady he has a TD and 2 INT's. None of this crap matters until week 1.

jmb1099
08-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Trent Edwards is a Bill... I support him. I don't have any idea what kind of player he will be but it is in the Bills best interest for him to be excellent.

Wally The Barber
08-24-2007, 05:09 AM
Trent Edwards is a Bill... I support him. I don't have any idea what kind of player he will be but it is in the Bills best interest for him to be excellent.

Thank you, I was checking stats on Losman when I found Edwards at the top of the list.
I thought I would post the link and got attacked my the Losman people on the board.
Pretty embarrassing when you can't post a Bills player stats.
Actually, pretty funny!

jmb1099
08-24-2007, 05:28 AM
Thank you, I was checking stats on Losman when I found Edwards at the top of the list.
I thought I would post the link and got attacked my the Losman people on the board.
Pretty embarrassing when you can't post a Bills player stats.
Actually, pretty funny!
Losman people have had to defend their position for so long that they see any attempt to compliment any other QB on the Bills roster as a threat. They just don't want to hear it any more.

Wally The Barber
08-24-2007, 05:39 AM
Losman people have had to defend their position for so long that they see any attempt to compliment any other QB on the Bills roster as a threat. They just don't want to hear it any more.

I find it pretty funny most of the time!
I guess we need to hate Fred Jackson too!

jmb1099
08-24-2007, 06:31 AM
I find it pretty funny most of the time!
I guess we need to hate Fred Jackson too!
I hear what you're saying but I wouldn't carry this any further if I were you. I think your point has been made and I'd move forward, but that's just me.

Wally The Barber
08-24-2007, 06:32 AM
I hear what you're saying but I wouldn't carry this any further if I were you. I think your point has been made and I'd move forward, but that's just me.
Stay tuned!