PDA

View Full Version : If you believe your not a HOMER post what you believe will realistically happen

BILLSROCK1212
08-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Realistically I believe we have anywhere between a 3-13 to a 9-7 record. 3-13 being if all the IFs go bad and 9-7 being if all of the IFs go well. I believe that 90% of this boards thoughts are pretty biased.

Post your non-biased view of the team here.

BlackMetalNinja
08-22-2007, 08:18 PM
I've said for awhile now I expect us to be right around 7-9 again this year. Obviously I hope for better...

Elminster
08-22-2007, 08:21 PM
I see 7-9 as a minimum. I think we have plenty of room for improvement, as we did that last year with a rough schedule, were competitive in all but two ball games that we lost, and started the season very slowly. This pertains especially to Losman. I think his emergence alone is worth a win or two....

El Guapo
08-22-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm biased, and I think we will be 10-6. See the thread I started. I am a homer. I WANT the Bills to win. I don't agree with everything that comes out of OBD, but I think we are moving in the right direction.

The freakin season is right around the corner, and if you want to see a losing season before it happens, have at it.

I only have one game in my sights -- the Denver game. Cutler is far from being a polished quarterback, and we can beat this team. At home, opening day? Let the coin toss go, baby. I can't wait. I will be there with my POZ jersey on.

Other than this game, trying to predict the season is meaningless. Injuries, team chemistry and such are not predictable right now. And, actually, if all the IFS go our way, I predict 16-0 for the regular season (but, the again, I am a HOMER, and think positive).

TigerJ
08-22-2007, 08:30 PM
I protest this discrimination against Homers. I have some Homer blood in me, but I think I can be somewhat objective. If everything goes right, I think it's possible the Bills could be 10-6 or maybe even 11-5 at the end of the season. More likely the record will be 8-8 or 9-7. But I'm a Homer, so I can hope.

mikemac2001
08-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Ive discussed it hundreds of times

Bills 19-0 not giving up any points
dolphins 0-16

hydro
08-22-2007, 08:35 PM

dolphins 0-16

I would say that is a pretty realistic estimate.

OpIv37
08-22-2007, 08:40 PM
I want the Bills to win as much as anyone, but I see some serious flaws in this team. I think matching last year's 7-9 is realistic for this team, give or take a game.

So far, the offense hasn't shown any signs of the improvements we thought we had in the off-season, and the DL and CB spots will hold us back. I must say that through two preseason games, I'm not as concerned about LB's as I was, but the LB's are in for a rough time because of the DL.

OpIv37
08-22-2007, 08:41 PM

dolphins 0-16

Negative nancy. You forgot to say that the Dolphins won't score any offensive touchdowns all year, and the only defensive TD's they will score will be returning INT's from Tom Brady.

El Guapo
08-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Negative nancy. You forgot to say that the Dolphins won't score any offensive touchdowns all year, and the only defensive TD's they will score will be returning INT's from Tom Brady.

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!

HHURRICANE
08-22-2007, 08:53 PM
I predicted 9-7 signing Walker, Hargrove here on opening day, and a healthy McCargo.

In good faith I'm seeing an 8-8 or 7-9 season. No worse, no better.

cocamide
08-22-2007, 08:58 PM
I'd be surprised if we get to .500 this year. 7-9 seems most appropriate for this team. However, if we go 0-16 or 16-0, I'll still watch every game.

BAM
08-22-2007, 09:20 PM
I'm as optimistic as they come.

Realistically I think the Bills could go anywhere from 5-11 to 9-7.

10-6 if Lynch is as nasty as he looks like he's gonna be.

patmoran2006
08-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Im not going to give away my season preview yet that I know everybody on the board is so anxious to see that they are having problems sleeping at night in anticpation.

realdealryan
08-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Back down to 5-11. I think we need to see dominant o-line play to reach .500 or excel beyond. I haven't seen that yet...

justasportsfan
08-22-2007, 09:26 PM
palyoffs baby!!!!!

DraftBoy
08-22-2007, 09:29 PM
6-10

Mr. Pink
08-22-2007, 09:47 PM
4-12 if we get no bounces/breaks
8-8 if we get all the bounces/breaks.

Realistically, that all evens itself out over the course of a season, so I agree with DB 6-10.

Unfortunately we have to take a step backward this season in order to take 2 forward next year.

SquishDaFish
08-22-2007, 09:53 PM
I sitck with my prediction of 10-6. I think the D will be better then I thought so im more confident with 10-6.

Mitchy moo
08-22-2007, 10:01 PM
http://www.the-hypocrites.com/2005/Xmas/fruitcake.gif

duhbilz
08-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Marshall Faulk said the Bills would be 3-13 and have the #1 overall draft pick in 08, he said it today on NFL total access.

TacklingDummy
08-22-2007, 10:21 PM
4-12 to 6-10

The JP experiment will be over around week 12-13.

Trent Edwards will get the last 3-4 games for experience.

TigerJ
08-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Marshall Faulk said the Bills would be 3-13 and have the #1 overall draft pick in 08, he said it today on NFL total access.

He's jealous because Marshall Lynch is going to be a better pro than he ever thought of being. A little homerism for you LOL.

duhbilz
08-22-2007, 10:36 PM
He's jealous because Marshall Lynch is going to be a better pro than he ever thought of being. A little homerism for you LOL.

He said something about not liking Buffalo anyways. He's one of those guy's that can't find any wrong with the Rams, but everyone else has issues. Whatever!!

mikemac2001
08-22-2007, 10:45 PM
who cares what he says....we owned him when he was on the colts

also im highly confident we will not be worst team in NFL

BILLSROCK1212
08-22-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm biased, and I think we will be 10-6. See the thread I started. I am a homer. I WANT the Bills to win. I don't agree with everything that comes out of OBD, but I think we are moving in the right direction.

The freakin season is right around the corner, and if you want to see a losing season before it happens, have at it.

I only have one game in my sights -- the Denver game. Cutler is far from being a polished quarterback, and we can beat this team. At home, opening day? Let the coin toss go, baby. I can't wait. I will be there with my POZ jersey on.

Other than this game, trying to predict the season is meaningless. Injuries, team chemistry and such are not predictable right now. And, actually, if all the IFS go our way, I predict 16-0 for the regular season (but, the again, I am a HOMER, and think positive).
i asked for a non biased view that is what this thread is for and nothing else

BILLSROCK1212
08-22-2007, 10:58 PM
I protest this discrimination against Homers. I have some Homer blood in me, but I think I can be somewhat objective. If everything goes right, I think it's possible the Bills could be 10-6 or maybe even 11-5 at the end of the season. More likely the record will be 8-8 or 9-7. But I'm a Homer, so I can hope. who doesnt have a little Homer blood in themselves

raphael120
08-22-2007, 11:23 PM
I think it will ultimately come down to Losman.

9-7 if he improves.
5-11 if he plateaus or regresses.

dplus47
08-23-2007, 12:32 AM
i asked for a non biased view that is what this thread is for and nothing else

every view is biased. i'm not making any accusations when i say that. we all have our own filters for perceiving and communicating everything.

in my very biased view, i see the bills finishing at .500 or maybe a game below.

i'll go ahead and make a fearless prediction, however: the bills will beat the donks in week 1.

BILLSROCK1212
08-23-2007, 12:57 AM
every view is biased. i'm not making any accusations when i say that. we all have our own filters for perceiving and communicating everything.

in my very biased view, i see the bills finishing at .500 or maybe a game below.

i'll go ahead and make a fearless prediction, however: the bills will beat the donks in week 1.got me there

LifetimeBillsFan
08-23-2007, 04:34 AM
OK, I'll bite.

With all of the young players that the Bills have on their team and the difficulty of their schedule, I think it will be very difficult, though not impossible, for the team to get to 8-8.

If everything were to go perfectly--and I don't expect that they will because they rarely do--it is not out of the realm of possiblity that this team could get to 9 wins. On the other hand, with a few key injuries, this team is also so thin in some areas that 5 wins would be an accomplishment. But, while I wouldn't be surprised to see the team take a slight step back to 6 wins, I think that there will be enough overall to overcome the weak spots and inexperience, particularly in the second half of the season, to match last year's 7-9 record.

I hope that I am wrong and will be pleasantly surprised, but here's why I see it this way:

I think that it will take some time for the offensive line to gel--I'm not sold on D.Preston at RG and don't think that D.Jauron is either, from the reports I've seen and would not be surprised to see B.Butler step in for him at some point--and for M.Lynch to get used to the NFL once the hitting starts for real. As a result, I think that the offense could get off to a bit of a slow start and it may take until the second half of the season for them to really hit their stride.

That will hurt, in terms of the W-L record, because there is a lot of youth on the defensive side of the ball and young players have a tendency to make big mistakes in games. And, the defense is thin at some key positions. While I expect some players--Whitner, Kelsay, Simpson, Ellison and K.Williams--to show improvement the Bills really need for McCargo and Posluzny to play a lot better than first year players (I consider McCargo virtually a first year player) should be expected to play in order for the defense to be good enough against the run to give the offense a chance to win games. Because of their youth, I expect the defense to continue to improve as the season progresses, but it is going to be tough for them to limit their opponents' scoring as well as they did last season when they ranked 10th in scoring defense. For this defense to work the way that it should, it needs to generate turnovers--something it didn't do that well last season--which means that playmakers are going to have to emerge from the group of young players that they have begun to assemble. We'll see if they will.

I think the Bills are on the right track--putting together a nice group of young players to build around--but that they are still another offseason and draft away from having a big enough core of talent to begin to take on the better teams in the league on level terms. I was pleasantly surprised by the heart and fight that the team showed last season and, if they can show that same heart and determination this season, I think that they should be able to stay in a lot of games that others might think that they shouldn't be in--but winning those games might be a little more than we should expect at this point (although they may steal a couple along the way). But, they will have to avoid key injuries because there are some positions where the drop-off in talent is just too great.

Still, if the Bills continue to show that kind of fight that they had last year and there is improvement on both sides of the ball as the season continues, I will be quite pleased, even if they finish 7-9 or 6-10. Anything better than that, IMHO, would be a tremendous season for a team this young and with the holes that it still has.

Night Train
08-23-2007, 04:38 AM
Somewhere between 7-9 wins, depending on the run D.

Wally The Barber
08-23-2007, 05:25 AM
I gave up on predictions long ago as I learned (the hard way) that there are to many situations that can change any teams destiny!
Emample: Brady gets injured and the entire division is up for grabs!

Ingtar33
08-23-2007, 06:11 AM
the trick is the first 8 games.

i can see us being a wildcard quality team and losing all 8 of that murderer's row.

If we can somehow pull 4 of those games out, we'll be 10-6

anything less and we'll probably go something around 6-10 or 8-8

schedule matters for all teams but the best of them, and we're not the best of them. the unfortunate thing is i think this team, with an average schedule could challenge for the playoffs.

the problem is this will be two years in a row with a brutal schedule.

anyway, as i said, somehow dig out a 4-4 record, and we'll be contending for a wildcard spot.

otherwise, we're looking at another 7-9 year... possibly worse (we could conceivably lose all 8 of our first 8).

anyone who says otherwise about the first half of the schedule is a homer

YardRat
08-23-2007, 06:15 AM
I've said all off season it wouldn't surprise me a bit if we ended up with a worse won/loss record then last year. I would be pleasantly surprised if we could get to .500 or above.

I think the run defense will definitely improve over last year, although the developments affecting the d-line over the last couple of weeks are affecting my confidence in that.

I think we'll beat Denver, also.

X-Era
08-23-2007, 06:23 AM
Realistically I believe we have anywhere between a 3-13 to a 9-7 record. 3-13 being if all the IFs go bad and 9-7 being if all of the IFs go well. I believe that 90% of this boards thoughts are pretty biased.

Im looking at a solid 9 and 7 possible 10 and 6. Heres why:

We beat the fins twice
We split with the Pats
We split with the Jets

Thats 4 wins right there

I think we beat Den
I think we beat the Jags
I think we beat the Browns

Thats 7 wins

Is it crazy to think we have a shot to beat 2 more teams? I dont think so

NYG, Pitt, Bal, Dallas are all winnable games IMO

GreedoII
08-23-2007, 06:44 AM
8-8

or go see Weiler's the WYS' 95 page article ob the AFC Report in which he will conclude nothing and say 4 wins....

User Manuel
08-23-2007, 08:07 AM
I expect 5-11 with the team losing a bunch of close games again.

I think that next year is the year they "have" to be good. They are one more draft and FA class away from being a real player.

That being said I think they will be far more entertaining this season.

Gunzlingr
08-23-2007, 08:41 AM
8-8

FinFaninBuffalo
08-23-2007, 12:34 PM

I think the Bills will be 6-10 or 7-9 this year.

AFC East:

Swept by the Pats, Split with Jets and Fins - 2-4

AFC North:

Very good division. Let's say 2-2 (a little optimistic)

NFC East

Balanced division with plenty of experienced teams. Let's say 2-2 (a little optimistic)

Remaining teams:

Denver and Jacksonville should be very solid teams this year. 0-2 (a little pessimistic)

That's 6-10.

Sweeping the Fins or Jets could make them 7-9. An upset here or there could pick up another game, but that assumes they will not drop any game that they are favored to win. Of course anything can happen, but things would really have to go the Bills way or they'd have to be a much improved team.

FinFaninBuffalo
08-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Im looking at a solid 9 and 7 possible 10 and 6. Heres why:

We beat the fins twice
We split with the Pats
We split with the Jets

Thats 4 wins right there

I think we beat Den
I think we beat the Jags
I think we beat the Browns

Thats 7 wins

Is it crazy to think we have a shot to beat 2 more teams? I dont think so

NYG, Pitt, Bal, Dallas are all winnable games IMO

I won't say your scenario won't happen, but Den, Jacksonville, NYG, Pitt, Bal, Dallas, NYJ, NE, and Miami are all games that the Bills could lose too.

PECKERWOOD
08-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Around 8-8.

We have alot riding on Posluszny and Lynch. They better bring their lunch cause it's gonna be a long season.

TheBrownBear
08-23-2007, 02:22 PM
9-7

Next year 11-5.

Michael82
08-23-2007, 02:27 PM
8-8

PromoTheRobot
08-23-2007, 03:13 PM
I have no feel for what this team is capable of having not seen camp or pre-season games, and I'm certainly not taking the word of some of the folks here. That being said, I have enough faith in Levy & Jauron to think the team ought to improve on last years 7-9. In fact anything less than 9-7 would be a disappointment, barring major injury. A wild card playoff slot would not shock me. 6-10 or less would.

PTR