PDA

View Full Version : Holy *****, Batman, It's Week Ten and the Bills have a Shot at the Playoffs!

El Guapo
08-22-2007, 08:12 PM
But I am a Bills fan. Yes, I am optimistic. Yes, I look beyond deficiencies going into the season. Am I a Homer? Sure, why not? It beats the hell out of the alternative.

I came here because this is a Bills forum. The way half of our posters act, you would think it is a forum for the Dolphins (no offense Fins fans -- I actually enjoy your posts).

I understand being frustrated with the franchise. Hell, we all pay money to watch/go see the games, and NOBODY likes losing. But hey, it's just freakin' football. If you feel like Wilson is screwing you out of your hard earned cash, do something else with it. Nobody is forcing you to be a Bills fan. Get over it. It is just a game.

And, I don't post this lightly. I live in Alabama, I am a season ticket holder, and I go to the games. It costs me a lot more to go than most folks, and I am not some rich guy with tons of money. I am a Bills fan. I love my team, and I make choices to not do other things so I can go to the games. I have been a season ticket holder for six years, so I have seen the bad times.

If you are so freakin' pissed off at Wilson and Levy, then find another team or another sport. Nobody forced you to be a Bills fan, and nobody is forcing you to stay one.

Some people here amaze me.......

im4bflo
08-22-2007, 08:18 PM
:bf1:

hydro
08-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Your preaching to the choir my man. But dont expect to this to change anything because all the neg nancies will proclaim they are fans that are just so passionate about the team they have to complain.

When it comes the time when being negative actually helps the team win, i might consider being critical.

OpIv37
08-22-2007, 08:56 PM
But I am a Bills fan. Yes, I am optimistic. Yes, I look beyond deficiencies going into the season. Am I a Homer? Sure, why not? It beats the hell out of the alternative.

I came here because this is a Bills forum. The way half of our posters act, you would think it is a forum for the Dolphins (no offense Fins fans -- I actually enjoy your posts).

I understand being frustrated with the franchise. Hell, we all pay money to watch/go see the games, and NOBODY likes losing. But hey, it's just freakin' football. If you feel like Wilson is screwing you out of your hard earned cash, do something else with it. Nobody is forcing you to be a Bills fan. Get over it. It is just a game.

And, I don't post this lightly. I live in Alabama, I am a season ticket holder, and I go to the games. It costs me a lot more to go than most folks, and I am not some rich guy with tons of money. I am a Bills fan. I love my team, and I make choices to not do other things so I can go to the games. I have been a season ticket holder for six years, so I have seen the bad times.

If you are so freakin' pissed off at Wilson and Levy, then find another team or another sport. Nobody forced you to be a Bills fan, and nobody is forcing you to stay one.

see, this is what you homers don't get. As someone who travels from Alabama to Buffalo 8 times a year, I'd think you'd understand. If it were as easy as switching teams or sports, no one would be a Bills fan. We don't want to watch any winner- we want to watch the Bills win. I've been rooting for the Bills for as long as I can remember- if I started rooting for the Pats or Colts and they won, it couldn't possibly have anywhere close to the same significance. We love our team too- if we didn't we'd be long gone.

I live in VA and while I don't have season tickets, I do make the trek once or twice a season and I do spend a fortune on Sunday Ticket and Superfan, so I feel your pain as far as being an out of market fan.

Also, some of us find it more fun and challenging to be analytical and make reasonable predictions rather than finding reasons why things maybe, kinda, just might turn out ok for the Bills.

OpIv37
08-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Your preaching to the choir my man. But dont expect to this to change anything because all the neg nancies will proclaim they are fans that are just so passionate about the team they have to complain.

When it comes the time when being negative actually helps the team win, i might consider being critical.

and how does being positive help the team win? Neither the negative fans nor the positive ones are in the locker room or on the field- our opinions don't help or hurt the team morale in any way, shape or form.

Meathead
08-22-2007, 09:10 PM
last year the bills still had a shot at the playoffs in week 15 i believe

id be pretty happy with that happening again. even happier if they clinch by then

hydro
08-22-2007, 09:29 PM
and how does being positive help the team win? Neither the negative fans nor the positive ones are in the locker room or on the field- our opinions don't help or hurt the team morale in any way, shape or form.

I would much rather not make myself depressed about the situation by thinking negatively. Well thats unless negativity actually fostered postive results. I don't see that ever happening.

Mitchy moo
08-22-2007, 09:36 PM
Some people like to pee in their soup here to make themselves feel better, o pee pee.

hydro
08-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Some people like to pee in their soup here to make themselves feel better, o pee pee.

You never cease to make me laugh :roflmao:

El Guapo
08-22-2007, 09:51 PM
see, this is what you homers don't get. As someone who travels from Alabama to Buffalo 8 times a year, I'd think you'd understand. If it were as easy as switching teams or sports, no one would be a Bills fan. We don't want to watch any winner- we want to watch the Bills win. I've been rooting for the Bills for as long as I can remember- if I started rooting for the Pats or Colts and they won, it couldn't possibly have anywhere close to the same significance. We love our team too- if we didn't we'd be long gone.

I live in VA and while I don't have season tickets, I do make the trek once or twice a season and I do spend a fortune on Sunday Ticket and Superfan, so I feel your pain as far as being an out of market fan.

Also, some of us find it more fun and challenging to be analytical and make reasonable predictions rather than finding reasons why things maybe, kinda, just might turn out ok for the Bills.

Op, I do understand, and I can be as critical as the next guy. I guess I am frustrated at the back and forth that goes on here.

I want a legitimate #2 WR, and I do not think we have one. However, I watch what Parrish does, and I hope he can overcome the small guy stereotype and make a statement. But, in the end, we are the team we are, and I want us to flourish, despite our shortcomings. We've beaten the #2 spot to death. If someone posts that Reed/Price/Parrish had a great day in practice, we don't have to bring up the whole #2 debate again.

Negativity is not what I want from fellow Bills fans. *****, I get that from Dallas/Dolphins/Pats/Atlanta fans about our Bills. I am not saying we should not be critical. But hey, why punch someone in the mouth for wanting our team to be better than they are on paper. Homers we may be, but isn't that part of the fun?

If you told me Indy would win it all last year at the midway point, I'd have laughed at you (you wouldn't have made such a prediction, based on the defense they were putting on the field each week -- gloom and doom for them). But you know what, they pulled it together. This season has not even started. Let's give the team a chance.

And yes, we have been giving them "chances" for years, and I am as tired of losing as you are. There is no worse feeling than leaving the stadium, going back to the hotel and flying home on an empty stomach. Losing sucks. My friends and co-workers give me **** everytime I come back from a losing game. Do I get pissed? Hell yes, but I look to the next game and move on.

Second guessing is easy. Hindsight is 20/20. Let's look forward, and not get stuck in a rut

Can we beat Denver? That is the question right now. Only after that game can we look forward. The Pats will be there in week three, and the Giants will be there in week 17. I am not concerned with either right now. One game at a time. One game at a time....

duhbilz
08-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Nice post!

patmoran2006
08-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Op, I do understand, and I can be as critical as the next guy. I guess I am frustrated at the back and forth that goes on here.

I want a legitimate #2 WR, and I do not think we have one. However, I watch what Parrish does, and I hope he can overcome the small guy stereotype and make a statement. But, in the end, we are the team we are, and I want us to flourish, despite our shortcomings. We've beaten the #2 spot to death. If someone posts that Reed/Price/Parrish had a great day in practice, we don't have to bring up the whole #2 debate again.

Negativity is not what I want from fellow Bills fans. *****, I get that from Dallas/Dolphins/Pats/Atlanta fans about our Bills. I am not saying we should not be critical. But hey, why punch someone in the mouth for wanting our team to be better than they are on paper. Homers we may be, but isn't that part of the fun?

If you told me Indy would win it all last year at the midway point, I'd have laughed at you (you wouldn't have made such a prediction, based on the defense they were putting on the field each week -- gloom and doom for them). But you know what, they pulled it together. This season has not even started. Let's give the team a chance.

And yes, we have been giving them "chances" for years, and I am as tired of losing as you are. There is no worse feeling than leaving the stadium, going back to the hotel and flying home on an empty stomach. Losing sucks. My friends and co-workers give me **** everytime I come back from a losing game. Do I get pissed? Hell yes, but I look to the next game and move on.

Second guessing is easy. Hindsight is 20/20. Let's look forward, and not get stuck in a rut

Can we beat Denver? That is the question right now. Only after that game can we look forward. The Pats will be there in week three, and the Giants will be there in week 17. I am not concerned with either right now. One game at a time. One game at a time....
you know what man... I have my views on things and your post isn't going to change them.

HOwever, I'm going to throw some props out.. that was a VERY VERY good post.. Well done. Very well done-- one of the better posts I've seen in a quite a long time.

hydro
08-23-2007, 08:42 AM

Hell of a post, its pretty hard to refute that...

justasportsfan
08-23-2007, 01:12 PM

:posrep:

jpdex12
08-23-2007, 01:42 PM

Hey Op, who's "we"? You and Pat?

Earthquake Enyart
08-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Week 10 things won't be looking so great, but week by week after that we'll be creeping up.

OpIv37
08-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Week 10 things won't be looking so great, but week by week after that we'll be creeping up.

Sounds like last year. And '04.

raphael120
08-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Since when did this board go from Bills Football talk to HomervsRealist.com

ublinkwescore
08-23-2007, 03:01 PM
umm having a shot at the playoffs in week 10 isn't something to be proud of - half the league still has a shot at that point...

I fully expect us to be in the fray in week 10, and hope we don't hear this talk about having a shot come into play until week 15 or later.

shelby
08-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Since when did this board go from Bills Football talk to HomervsRealist.com
When homers insisted on responding to every realists' posts, and vice versa...

:gobills::cheers:

raphael120
08-23-2007, 03:05 PM
I just hope that by week 15, we're still playing meaningful games.