PDA

View Full Version : C'mon Laugh at the Coy Haters With Me

Meathead
08-22-2007, 09:28 PM
coys gonna have another big game fri. he stood out when he started in place of crowell, hes gonna really stick out when the seconds come into the game. hes too good to play with the scrubs, hes gonna make it obvious

in advance i offer my

:lolpoint: haters :rockout: *****es

hydro
08-22-2007, 09:31 PM
If he has another break out game, will there be a chance of him taking Ellison's spot? Its hard to say...

OpIv37
08-22-2007, 09:51 PM
laugh at the haters after one good preseason game? gimme a ****ing break.

I'll admit he looked improved, but damn, it should take more than one preseason game for him to win fans back.

justasportsfan
08-22-2007, 09:54 PM
laugh at the haters after one good preseason game? gimme a ****ing break.

didn't you cry a river after the first preseason game? You're excused, you can take a break

OpIv37
08-22-2007, 09:59 PM
didn't you cry a river after the first preseason game? You're excused, you can take a break

because contrary to your belief, players don't magically get better when the word in front of "season" changes from "pre" to "regular".

justasportsfan
08-22-2007, 10:03 PM
because contrary to your belief, players don't magically get better when the word in front of "season" changes from "pre" to "regular". switching subjects again as usual :rolleyes:

You can judge a player(in your case it depends if you like a player like Jp, Lynch,etc) after one preseason game but Meathead can't do the same?

OpIv37
08-22-2007, 10:33 PM
switching subjects again as usual :rolleyes:

You can judge a player(in your case it depends if you like a player like Jp, Lynch,etc) after one preseason game but Meathead can't do the same?

um, I said JP didn't look good in the last preseason game- this thing about me giving JP a pass is all in your head because I have criticized him numerous times.

Lynch had some nice runs in the 2nd game- his stats were skewed because he had to fall on Preston's misfired snap.

But, it's as simple as this: if there is a player like Lynch or Poz or McCargo or Digiorgio etc, who has very limited experience, we don't have a lot to judge their experience beyond that game. When a player like Larry Tripplett plays in pre-season EXACTLY like he has over his entire career, or a player like Wire does something that he's NEVER done in his career, it's a different story entirely.

But, it goes with your mantra of not being able to make distinctions.

shelby
08-23-2007, 04:25 AM
Meathead....:heart::love:

Wally The Barber
08-23-2007, 05:29 AM
I have a feeling Coy Wire may become a fan favorite in Buffalo!
Small guy with huge stats, we will see.

LtFinFan66
08-23-2007, 05:31 AM
No offense Meathead....but it is still preseason. Not sure I would laugh just yet:idunno:

Meathead
08-23-2007, 05:42 AM
If he has another break out game, will there be a chance of him taking Ellison's spot? Its hard to say...
sure he could

but its almost a moot question. the coaches want the defenders to go all out every play. of course players like poz and crowell will get more than their fair share of plays because they are so much better than their backups so they cant really go all out all the time. but if wire shows hes as effective as ellison they could platoon that spot for equal time making it much easier to constantly play the position full bore

Night Train
08-23-2007, 06:23 AM
Wire was beyond terrible as a Safety but always played his eyeballs out on ST's.

Now that he's added weight and returned to his natural LB position, he looks very good in this D scheme. He's first off the bench if Ellison or Crowell get hurt and will probably be on the field more often anyhow in certain D packages.

I realize it's only camp and pre-season but he's certainly performing well. Start listing better performers before replying with general cliches ( It's only pre-season ! Really ! Thanks Sherlock ! )

NC-BILLS44
08-23-2007, 09:09 AM
I hope LB works out for Wire. I've liked him ever since I met him his rookie year.

OpIv37
08-23-2007, 09:19 AM

it's possible. I thought Ellison looked confused and out of place against ATL.

justasportsfan
08-23-2007, 09:21 AM
we're stacked at the lb and rb position and next year the qb and DE too ... yeehaw!!

ublinkwescore
08-23-2007, 03:22 PM
I have to wait until Saturday to see the game - I gotta work OT on Friday - to pay for my new HDTV and my new place!!!!

I'm getting the ticket as well!!!

Meathead
08-30-2007, 09:56 PM
do i even have to say it?

me: da man

youse: da *****es

:rockout:

:lolpoint: coy haters

Earthquake Enyart
08-31-2007, 08:20 AM
He sure got torched on that TD right before the half.

Can't even cover a TE.

Tatonka
08-31-2007, 08:25 AM
how do you know that the coverage was his responsibility and that somoene else wasnt supposed to take him? we dont have the benefit of knowing what the call was or who was supposed to be where..

Pinkerton Security
08-31-2007, 08:34 AM
do i even have to say it?

me: da man

youse: da *****es

:rockout:

:lolpoint: coy haters

he gets blown off of the ball all the time. he has had decent hits but thats it. he is what he is, and that is a guy who was too slow to play safety and too small to play LB, so they bulked him up and hoped he would work. we'll see.

Earthquake Enyart
08-31-2007, 08:41 AM
how do you know that the coverage was his responsibility and that somoene else wasnt supposed to take him? we dont have the benefit of knowing what the call was or who was supposed to be where..
It was obvious that it was his man.

Do you think they should design the safety to help someone cover a TE?