• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bufftp
    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Caution Optimistic View Point

Well as we approach the regular season in a few weeks I am getting excited and optimistic. I think the O will be top 10 and the D will struggle but won’t be as bad as I feared. I think we will be I the hunt for the playoffs, and at the very least not eliminated by week 10 or 12.

Am I frustrated that we have had 8-9 years of mediocrity. Yes. Absolutely!
    I am not going to let the past color my fun in the future though.

I always enter the season with hope. What’s the point not to. It is entertainment. That’s all. What’s the point of ruining things by being depressed and defeated before the snap of the first game? Heck I remember when Iowa shocked the college football world in 81, and won the Big Ten! Heck they were supposed add another year of losing to 20 straight losing seasons according to football experts prior to the season.

Yeah I am exited about the upcoming season. Tomorrow night I will enjoy the preseason and look for good things, and not get worked up about some mistakes.

Yes call me a fan. Call me an unrealistic fan, call me a homer, call me an oblivious fan, and call me a fool.

Or just call me a fan having fun.
    That’s not really so bad.
    Last edited by Bufftp; 08-23-2007, 09:21 AM.
    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
    to be led by permanent ideals -
    that is what keeps a man patient
    when the world ignores him,
    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

• justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Caution Optimistic View Point

we will be rusty at first but I like our coaches. They will have the team more competitive than our first year of rebuild.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Wally The Barber
      • Jul 2007

I share your thoughts!
      Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Wally The Barber
        • Jul 2007

I share your thoughts!
        Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Patrick76777
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bufftp
          Well as we approach the regular season in a few weeks I am getting excited and optimistic. I think the O will be top 10 and the D will struggle but won’t be as bad as I feared. I think we will be I the hunt for the playoffs, and at the very least not eliminated by week 10 or 12.

I always enter the season with hope. What’s the point not to. It is entertainment. That’s all. What’s the point of ruining things by being depressed and defeated before the snap of the first game? Heck I remember when Iowa shocked the college football world in 81, and won the Big Ten! Heck they were supposed add another year of losing to 20 straight losing seasons according to football experts prior to the season.

Yeah I am exited about the upcoming season. Tomorrow night I will enjoy the preseason and look for good things, and not get worked up about some mistakes.

Yes call me a fan. Call me an unrealistic fan, call me a homer, call me an oblivious fan, and call me a fool.

You can't really argue with that.
          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

Nice cut and paste.

Comment

• Bufftp
              Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
              Nice cut and paste.
              I am voting you the most pleasant poster this year.
              Just to spite you.
              Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
              "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                • Sep 2004

I am voting you the most pleasant poster this year.
                Just to spite you.
                Can I join you?
                The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• BidsJr
                  • Sep 2002

GO HAWKS~~!!
                  "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Did BuffTP imply sports should be viewed as a form of entertainment to be enjoyed? Waht a novel idea.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• Bufftp
                      Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      Did BuffTP imply sports should be viewed as a form of entertainment to be enjoyed? Waht a novel idea.
                      Radical concept, in some circles.

Bids-That was a great season in 81. I remember the first game at Kinnick that year beat Nebraska 10-7 to open the season. There was joy in "mudville".
                      Photobucket

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

There is no place for optimism on a Bills fan message board.

The freakin' nerve..
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• raphael120
                          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                          • Oct 2005

Caution: Repetative post subjects.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

there's more posters herethat are either optimisitic or middle of the road. The nancies just make the loudest noise.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                            X