X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Op, Let's talk Jets

In EE's thread you said and I quote, "I think you're underestimating them (The Jets)."

Listen, The jets are the exact same team as the Bills. Exact!

And last year, we beat the ever loving life out of them twice. Only lost week 1 because JP had a couple bonehead turnovers and I was as drunk as a skunk.

Jets finished 3 games ahead of us. Let's look at their schedule. Exact same except for 2 games. The 2 opponents that are selected based on the teams finish in the previous season. Those games, In the AFC West, the Jets played the worst team in the league, Oakland and we got the best team in the league (Regular season) San Diego. In the AFC North, they get Cleveland and we get 13-3 Baltimore.

Slight advantage for the Jets.

Then there are other things, like the fact that they got Tennessee in week 1 with Kerry Collins at QB and we get Tennessee when they’re one of the hottest teams in the league with Vince Young in week 16. And we still almost beat them.

Switch schedules and we’re probably 10-6. And I’m confident in saying that.

Pennington can’t throw the ball over 25 yards. We torched their defense last year.

Sorry, but the Jets are at just about the same level as us.

We’re WAY better then Miami

Just need to split with NE and we almost did that last year also.
    Resign our own guys!
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Op, Let's talk Jets

I think everyone is overestimating the Jets.

When things start to go south, the NY press will eat Baby Tuna for lunch.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

they do have a better rb but I think we have a better O as well.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• raphael120
        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
        • Oct 2005

Pennington will come down this year, they have no real run game to speak of...yet.

Man-gina can only do so much. But honestly I think we're about even with the Jets. Our passing game may be the same or worse than the Jets, but our run game should be a lot better than the jets.

Edge: Bills.

Comment

• Patrick76777
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          they do have a better rb but I think we have a better O as well.

I was never really impressed with Thomas Jones. He's good, but nothing to get scared over. By week 8, we'll have the better back. Take it to the bank.

Their O-Line is very good. After that, Eh the team's ok. They could go anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6.

But I think we can do the same thing. Anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6.
          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
            I was never really impressed with Thomas Jones. He's good, but nothing to get scared over. By week 8, we'll have the better back. Take it to the bank.

Their O-Line is very good. After that, Eh the team's ok. They could go anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6.

But I think we can do the same thing. Anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6.
            He is better than what they had last year.

I agree, I think we will contain the CHAD like we did in the second game. Schobel will continue to own D' Brick and possibly send the Chad back to IR.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

Thomas Jones is a nice back.

Pennington has a rag arm and can't make all the throws.

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

I never worry about the Jets. They are the one division team that I never fear or care about. It's almost like they aren't even a rival at times.

The only thing I might possibly worry about this year is Thomas Jones. He is a good back based on all the Bears games I saw last year. That may pose a problem, however Pennington will keep all the other teams in the games no matter how good Jones is.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

In EE's thread you said and I quote, "I think you're underestimating them (The Jets)."

Listen, The jets are the exact same team as the Bills. Exact!

And last year, we beat the ever loving life out of them twice. Only lost week 1 because JP had a couple bonehead turnovers and I was as drunk as a skunk.

Jets finished 3 games ahead of us. Let's look at their schedule. Exact same except for 2 games. The 2 opponents that are selected based on the teams finish in the previous season. Those games, In the AFC West, the Jets played the worst team in the league, Oakland and we got the best team in the league (Regular season) San Diego. In the AFC North, they get Cleveland and we get 13-3 Baltimore.

Slight advantage for the Jets.

Then there are other things, like the fact that they got Tennessee in week 1 with Kerry Collins at QB and we get Tennessee when they’re one of the hottest teams in the league with Vince Young in week 16. And we still almost beat them.

Switch schedules and we’re probably 10-6. And I’m confident in saying that.

Pennington can’t throw the ball over 25 yards. We torched their defense last year.

Sorry, but the Jets are at just about the same level as us.

We’re WAY better then Miami

Just need to split with NE and we almost did that last year also.
                  Thomas Jones takes some of the pressure off of Pretty Boy Pennington. And Pennington, as much as I hate him, won't beat anyone deep but he's smart and makes excellent decisions with the football.

And they have a much better OL.

The Jets also added some talent on D through the draft and while I'm sure their young guys will struggle somewhat, their D wasn't nearly as bad as ours last year and didn't lose nearly as much experience.

The Jets aren't that much better than us, but they are better. They should be a fringe playoff team, whereas it will be all we can do to avoid being eliminated in November.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

Thomas Jones got hurt recently, so who knows what state he'll be in by the time we play them. I know he is scheduled to start come the start of the season, but he may not truly be at 100% and the rigors of the real game may wear him down quickly b'cse of that...we face him in week 4 in our house and we'll see how much he has to offer then.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      Thomas Jones takes some of the pressure off of Pretty Boy Pennington.
                      Pretty boy? He looks like a hobit from the shire.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        Thomas Jones takes some of the pressure off of Pretty Boy Pennington. And Pennington, as much as I hate him, won't beat anyone deep but he's smart and makes excellent decisions with the football.

And they have a much better OL.

The Jets also added some talent on D through the draft and while I'm sure their young guys will struggle somewhat, their D wasn't nearly as bad as ours last year and didn't lose nearly as much experience.

The Jets aren't that much better than us, but they are better. They should be a fringe playoff team, whereas it will be all we can do to avoid being eliminated in November.

Here's my problem with this Op. You act as if there are only absolutes. And as the great Obi Wan Kenobi said, "Only Siths deal in absolutes".

You say, "The Jets aren't that much better than us, but they are better. They should be a fringe playoff team, whereas it will be all we can do to avoid being eliminated in November"

So a slightly better team, (in your opinion), is considered a fringe playoff team, whereas the Bills, slightly below the Jets in your opinion, will be lucky to be alive in November.

You seem to discount the countless intangables that go into a football season. Injuries, weather, momentum, playing a team when they're having a tough time vs. playing a team that is hot, etc., etc., etc.

But whatever, the point of this thread is that the Jets are not that good. Average football team at best. But in the NFL, average teams can get hot and make some noise. Just look at the Steelers 2 years ago.
                        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Jones has had knee problems in the past as well.

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                            Closet Bills Fan
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                            Jones has had knee problems in the past as well.
                            and pennington has shoulder problems, etc...... while i think marshawn willl be a beast for the bills , i just hope he can live up to his expectations........

as of now, until lynch proves he's worth all the praise the running edge is still in the corner of the jets, but only because even if jones gets hurt, there is still washington

j-e-t-s
                            jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Here's my problem with this Op. You act as if there are only absolutes. And as the great Obi Wan Kenobi said, "Only Siths deal in absolutes".

You say, "The Jets aren't that much better than us, but they are better. They should be a fringe playoff team, whereas it will be all we can do to avoid being eliminated in November"

So a slightly better team, (in your opinion), is considered a fringe playoff team, whereas the Bills, slightly below the Jets in your opinion, will be lucky to be alive in November.

You seem to discount the countless intangables that go into a football season. Injuries, weather, momentum, playing a team when they're having a tough time vs. playing a team that is hot, etc., etc., etc.

But whatever, the point of this thread is that the Jets are not that good. Average football team at best. But in the NFL, average teams can get hot and make some noise. Just look at the Steelers 2 years ago.
                              You can't count on intangibles to get you through- the only thing you can count on is talent and on paper, they're better than us. Last year, they were better than us on the field (I know we split, but they had a better record). They improved on D, our only improvement on D is Poz who doesn't even come close to making up for what we lost in Spikes, Fletcher AND Clements. On paper, we improved on O, but so far that hasn't been demonstrated on the field.

And yes, in the very competitive AFC, it doesn't take much to get bumped out of playoff contention. You're forgetting that our team is young and is likely to struggle at the beginning of the year and improve as the year goes on, so there's a good chance we could be working our way out of a huge hole come November. That's a lot less of an issue for the Jets.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X