PDA

View Full Version : I wasn't so confident in years

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2007, 11:29 AM
The Bills are going to the playoffs. Mark my words.

Earthquake Enyart
08-23-2007, 11:30 AM
I concur. I am confident as well.

BAM
08-23-2007, 11:35 AM
I can dig it.

Go Bills.

Playoffs or bust.

OpIv37
08-23-2007, 11:36 AM
at what point did the board collectively decide that ignorance is preferable to pessimism?

BAM
08-23-2007, 11:36 AM
At least 10-6.

THATHURMANATOR
08-23-2007, 11:40 AM
If things fall right we will challenge for the division.

OpIv37
08-23-2007, 12:03 PM

aarrrrgggh.

This is what I hate, this "if" crap. First, you can't count on luck. Second, when has luck EVER been a friend to Buffalo sports?

Earthquake Enyart
08-23-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm thinking wild card.

Wally The Barber
08-23-2007, 12:10 PM
At least 10-6.

4-12!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Private joke!

blackonyx89
08-23-2007, 12:20 PM
4-12!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Private joke!

Boooooooo!!! This guy must be a Dolphins Fan. His profile says Florida. They never had a decent RB and QB together at the same time. That is one of the dumbest franchises ever!!! And this year they're going to suck!

:biggrin:

Mr. Miyagi
08-23-2007, 12:21 PM
I might actually have to :posrep: you now. Sheeeeeeet.

Playoffs all the way!

blackonyx89
08-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Wild card,baby!!!

Mr. Miyagi
08-23-2007, 12:23 PM
at what point did the board collectively decide that ignorance is preferable to pessimism?
At what point will you get that stick out of your ass?

OpIv37
08-23-2007, 12:24 PM
At what point will you get that stick out of your ass?

if we ever win, it will be removed.

Patrick76777
08-23-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm thinking wild card.

If we can just pull off a split with NE we'll be in good shape.

If you lose 2 to NE, you're 2 1/2 games out right off the bat. But if you split, you're even. Get the NE Split and we'll be eyeing the division and a home playoff game.

There's no reason why we can't win the division title this year.

OpIv37
08-23-2007, 12:26 PM

If you lose 2 to NE, you're 2 1/2 games out right off the bat. But if you split, you're even. Get the NE Split and we'll be eyeing the division and a home playoff game.

And this is the fundamental flaw. There is NO WAY we split with NE. They are going to take two from us. You could argue that the rest of our games are winnable, but they are just too good and too experienced. NE will win the division hands down. I'd be surprised if any other team in the division is even within 3 games of them at the end of the season.

G Wolly
08-23-2007, 12:29 PM
I'm definitely with ya BF1

justasportsfan
08-23-2007, 12:32 PM
playoffs baby!!!!!!!!

ptd86
08-23-2007, 12:35 PM
There are two things that will stop us from making the playoffs, our defense and our schedule

RockStar36
08-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Boooooooo!!! This guy must be a Dolphins Fan. His profile says Florida. They never had a decent RB and QB together at the same time. That is one of the dumbest franchises ever!!! And this year they're going to suck!

:biggrin:

Wally isn't a Dolphins fan.

RockStar36
08-23-2007, 12:37 PM

Yesterday around 7:30pm.

THATHURMANATOR
08-23-2007, 01:14 PM
I agree Patrick. We have a good chance to beat New England at home this year.

The last buffalo fan
08-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Playoffs baby, playoffs!!!!! :cheers:

patmoran2006
08-23-2007, 01:45 PM
I can understand why you havent been this confidence in years we'll be making the playoffs.

* Who cares that we will have a rookie starting middle linebacker and a rookie running back carrying the majority of the load.

* Who cares that our #2 WR had the lowest yards per catch average among any starter in the NFL last year.

* So what that are vastly "improved" OL signings included a reject that wasn't even wanted by one of the worst offensive lines in NFL history (Oakland-Walker) and a journeyman guard (Whittle) who will be our starter.
* Forget the fact that Nate Clements was replaced with Falcon-reject Jason Webster at the starting corner spot.

* Nevermind that we had a putrid run defense last year and did absolutely nothing to improve the DT rotation from a year ago.

Yep, I can see why you'd have all the confidence in the world.

Bulldog
08-23-2007, 01:56 PM
I can understand why you havent been this confidence in years we'll be making the playoffs.

* Who cares that we will have a rookie starting middle linebacker and a rookie running back carrying the majority of the load.

* Who cares that our #2 WR had the lowest yards per catch average among any starter in the NFL last year.

* So what that are vastly "improved" OL signings included a reject that wasn't even wanted by one of the worst offensive lines in NFL history (Oakland-Walker) and a journeyman guard (Whittle) who will be our starter.
* Forget the fact that Nate Clements was replaced with Falcon-reject Jason Webster at the starting corner spot.

* Nevermind that we had a putrid run defense last year and did absolutely nothing to improve the DT rotation from a year ago.

Nevermind the fact :

*Rookie LB's and RB's have had success on a pretty regular basis for the last two or three years.

*Price is not the only option at the WR position. We all know Evans is legit. I think the combination of Reed, Price, Parrish, and an increased role in the passing game form the RB position(Lynch) is more than enough for Losman to do some damage through the air.

*Walker has played as well if not better than Pennington did last year. Despite what some want to think, Walker is an upgrade at RT. I don't know about the RG position yet. If Butler could get back into the rotation, I would be comfortable there as well.

*McCargo is back from injury and has started to show signs that he's the player Buffalo thought he could be when they traded back into the first round to get him last year. If he can stay healthy, I think he instantly upgrades that position.

Yep, I too can see why we should have all the confidence in the world.

THATHURMANATOR
08-23-2007, 01:58 PM

I freaking Loved how you had to point out (Oakland - Walker) like someone wouldn't know who you were talking about!!! :roflmao:

TacklingDummy
08-23-2007, 02:00 PM
playoffs baby!!!!!!!!

Toilet Bowl here we come. YEAH BABY!!!!

TacklingDummy
08-23-2007, 02:02 PM
I agree Patrick. We have a good chance to beat New England at home this year.

I'd say its a 50-50 chance.

Bulldog
08-23-2007, 02:02 PM

Sweet! You should go so we can flush it.

justasportsfan
08-23-2007, 02:05 PM

JP will be the PROBOWL starter. Yeah baby!!!!

Michael82
08-23-2007, 02:09 PM
I Billieve! :up:

This Bills team is definitely on the verge of something special. I'm going to predict that they will finish off 9-7 and squeak into the playoffs, after beating Philadelphia in a meaningless game for Philly. They will get the wild card and surprise people and get to the 2nd round and then just barely lose.

Michael82
08-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Lee Evans, Jason Peters, Derrick Dockery, Aaron Schobel, Angelo Crowell, Terrence McGee, Donte Whitner, and of course Brian Moorman will all join him! :up:

justasportsfan
08-23-2007, 02:13 PM
So will Lee Evans, Aaron Schobel, Angelo Crowell, Paul Posluszny, Terrence McGee, Donte Whitner, and of course Brian Moorman! :up:
now you're overeacting. :rolleyes:

Earthquake Enyart
08-23-2007, 02:16 PM

I hear you, and we have played them pretty tough lately, but I don't see it.

Michael82
08-23-2007, 02:18 PM
now you're overeacting. :rolleyes:
okay fine...they won't all be starters. But each of them will be voted in the Pro Bowl as a starter, backup, or alternate. :up:

TacklingDummy
08-23-2007, 02:20 PM

:lmao:

Thanks. I needed that. :up:

Bulldog
08-23-2007, 02:21 PM
okay fine...they won't all be starters. But each of them will be voted in the Pro Bowl as a starter, backup, or alternate. :up:

I'm as optimistic as they come, but you're off your rocker!

TacklingDummy
08-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Lee Evans, Jason Peters, Derrick Dockery, Aaron Schobel, Angelo Crowell, Terrence McGee, Donte Whitner, and of course Brian Moorman will all join him! :up:

:up:

But you forgot Kelsay. He's making Pro-Bowl money he better play like a Pro-Bowler.

Michael82
I'm as optimistic as they come, but you're off your rocker!
That's why I'm wearing the sig. I'm a homer and proud of it! :D

raphael120
:puke:

Michael82
08-23-2007, 02:24 PM
:up:

But you forgot Kelsay. He's making Pro-Bowl money he better play like a Pro-Bowler.
Good idea, can't forget to add Chris Kelsay to that list..... He's going to be a stud this year. :up:

justasportsfan
08-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Good idea, can't forget to add Chris Kelsay to that list..... He's going to be a stud this year. :up:

Lindell has more of a chance than Kelsay.

raphael120
08-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Tim Anderson will be the Bills sack leader this year! :up:

Tedy Bruschi will defect to the Bills and sacrifice himself and JP will absorb his energy and smite Tom Brady! :crazy:

Michael82
08-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Tim Anderson will be the Bills sack leader this year! :up:

Tedy Bruschi will defect to the Bills and sacrifice himself and JP will absorb his energy and smite Tom Brady! :crazy:
Tim Anderson? :rofl:

Now that's going a little too far.

raphael120
08-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Tim Anderson? :rofl:

Now that's going a little too far.

Note, you said nothing of the Tedy Bruschi part. hahaha

shelby
08-23-2007, 03:08 PM
This morning!

:jig:
Wild Card baby!
:gobills:

Earthquake Enyart
08-23-2007, 03:08 PM
I really feel Tim Anderson hasn't gotten a fair shake.

OpIv37
08-23-2007, 03:19 PM
I really feel Tim Anderson hasn't gotten a fair shake.

that blubbery fat **** gets a fair shake over his entire body every time he moves.

The Jokeman
08-23-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm gernerally posiitve but I can't see the Bills improving this year. I think people just how good Nate Clements was. Not only that but to expect to Lynch to step in and be an improvement over McGahee is questionable thinking. All in all I expect the season to start off slow but improvements by years end but 6-10 is what projecting now but 8-8 always possible.

Oaf
08-23-2007, 07:42 PM

Consider them marked. No offense, but several posters say this every year, and apparently, they've most recently been wrong.
You make a strong claim, and hopefully no one will be able to make you eat crow because of it.

Bling
08-23-2007, 07:49 PM
playoffs baby!!!!!!!!

It's put up or shut up justa, are you putting your ego on the line?

HHURRICANE
08-23-2007, 08:13 PM

The last time I felt this positive was when we had Smith, Kelly, Thomas, Reed, Lofton, Bennett, Conlan, an all-pro line, Beebe, and tons of depth.

It feels just like that.

duhbilz
08-24-2007, 12:16 AM
I'm gernerally posiitve but I can't see the Bills improving this year. I think people just how good Nate Clements was. Not only that but to expect to Lynch to step in and be an improvement over McGahee is questionable thinking. All in all I expect the season to start off slow but improvements by years end but 6-10 is what projecting now but 8-8 always possible.

Look out ,heres comes Justacrybaby to tell you you're not a Bill fan!!!! Shame on you for not posting like a real Bill fan!!

BillsFever21
08-24-2007, 12:54 AM
Was this thread bumped? It sounds just like threads from the last three years. Oh wait. Every year we say the same thing.

This is so sad it's funny that some think we are going to take the division from New England. Lets compare them.

We have Losman(which is fine by me) and they have a 1st ballot HOF QB who has won 3 SB's.

The biggest one. They have Bill Belicheck who is one of the best coaches ever in the NFL and we have Dick Jauron who will need to win about 12 games a year for the next 4 years to have a record of .500.

They have Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth and Wes Welker. We have players outside of Evans being Peerless Price, Josh Reed and Roscoe Parrish.

They have Richard Seymour and we have John McCargo. I know it's only a matter of time before McCargo makes Seymour look like an average player though.

Their best LB is Adelius Thomas. Ours is Angelo Crowell.

They have Asante Samuel. We have Terrance McGee and a bunch of nobodies after that.

They have Ben Watson. We have Robert Royal.

Yeah, I can easily see us beating the hell out of New England for the division. Just save this thread for next year and you can use the same one for your division winning predictions.

BillsFever21
08-24-2007, 12:58 AM
You guys "think" the same stuff every year. Just different names inserted into the paragraphs.

There are also many more rookie RB's and LB's that haven't had instants success. Also, just because they were drafted high doesn't gurantee they will be good.

McCargo showing signs of being the great player Buffalo though he would? What signs are these? The signs some fans made up to hold up in the air at the game?

How much to you want to wager in real money that we will not finish better then New England this year? Any amount you wish and that goes for the rest of you. You act so confident that our team is so vastly approved. Put up or shut up. I gurantee nobody will make a real bet though.

Nevermind the fact :

*Rookie LB's and RB's have had success on a pretty regular basis for the last two or three years.

*Price is not the only option at the WR position. We all know Evans is legit. I think the combination of Reed, Price, Parrish, and an increased role in the passing game form the RB position(Lynch) is more than enough for Losman to do some damage through the air.

*Walker has played as well if not better than Pennington did last year. Despite what some want to think, Walker is an upgrade at RT. I don't know about the RG position yet. If Butler could get back into the rotation, I would be comfortable there as well.

*McCargo is back from injury and has started to show signs that he's the player Buffalo thought he could be when they traded back into the first round to get him last year. If he can stay healthy, I think he instantly upgrades that position.

Yep, I too can see why we should have all the confidence in the world.

jmb1099
08-24-2007, 06:38 AM
I like the overall direction the team is moving. This is the first time in a very, very long time that I've purchased a jersey.

Oaf
08-24-2007, 11:51 AM
Fever, that was a spot on comparison b/w us and them. Unfortunately, that really makes me feel sick inside as well. :mad:
Each year since that 31-0 and then the 0-31 drubbing we gave and took, we play one game close to the final minutes and then find a way to lose, and in the other game, we just get smashed.
Doesn't matter where or when the games are, that's just how it's been.
Time to crack that trend IMO, but I just don't see how it'll happen. :sad: