PDA

View Full Version : More McGahee BS...

raphael120
08-23-2007, 03:47 PM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10305650

"Who in Buffalo led Willis McGahee? Who in Buffalo pushed Willis McGahee? Not that that's anybody's responsibility. But he has a very clear-cut mandate here from his teammates, not just us, that he thus far has been responsive to."

cocamide
08-23-2007, 03:55 PM
I guess 6 carries for 2 yards is acceptable in Baltimore; even if it was a preseason game. I've never wanted to see a player fail more then I want McGahee to do so.

raphael120
08-23-2007, 03:58 PM
Apparently he uses that encourgament to get 6 carries for 2 yards.

I wonder what he would've gotten if it weren't for the team motivation.

Man, seriously, youre in the ****ing NFL, if you need someone other than yourself/family/faith to motivate you, then I think you deserve to be no more than a backup.

AndreReed83
08-23-2007, 04:15 PM
Seriously. McGahee's an adult. He needs to do his job on his own accord. You know what happens if I get unmotivated at my job and stop doing all of my duties? My ass gets fired. It certainly doesn't get me transfered to the bigger and better store.

mchurchfie
08-23-2007, 04:17 PM
If you are a supposed Pro and are getting the big bucks that Buffalo shelled out why would you have to be pushed anyways?? Seems like a little motivation and pride would take care of that. What a freakin:loser:

RockStar36
08-23-2007, 04:19 PM
:deadhorse

justasportsfan
08-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Billick has a point though. The guys however who led Willis are gone most of whom threw JP under the bus. The guys that led Willis are those partly responsible for the no playoffs appearance. As time goes by, I'm liking the idea that Marv and co wanted to start fresh. Build new leaders from within starting with JP.

raphael120
08-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Billick has a point though. The guys however who led Willis are gone most of whom threw JP under the bus. The guys that led Willis are those partly responsible for the no playoffs appearance. As time goes by, I'm liking the idea that Marv and co wanted to start fresh. Build new leaders from within.

Touche.

But he didn't do too well when he had them here.

justasportsfan
08-23-2007, 04:24 PM
Touche.

But he didn't do too well when he had them here.
which is why it was time to let go and start fresh. I like where this team is headed.

It won't be long when Kelly-Thurman-Reed- Bruce will be replaced with JP-Evans-Lynch and POZ.

ddaryl
08-23-2007, 05:03 PM
The only part of the McGahee thing that still bothers me is that every single statement in regards to McGahee's capabilities reverts back to Buffalo not having great players around him, or someone to "push him" in Buffalo etc...

When will the topics of McGahee switch over to McGahee instead of what Buffalo did or didn't do.

mchurchfie
08-23-2007, 05:07 PM
The only part of the McGahee thing that still bothers me is that every single statement in regards to McGahee's capabilities reverts back to Buffalo not having great players around him, or someone to "push him" in Buffalo etc...

When will the topics of McGahee switch over to McGahee instead of what Buffalo did or didn't do.
Within the first couple of regular season games when he spits out 25 yds on the ground and misses a few blocks.

patmoran2006
08-23-2007, 05:09 PM
He's the single most overated player in the NFL, period.

I cant wait til about week 12 to read what the ravens think of him.

**** him.

North_Coast
08-23-2007, 05:10 PM

When McGahee starts dancing behind the LOS, forgets what down it is, and whiffs on picking up a blitz that allows McNair to get blindsided ...

PECKERWOOD
08-23-2007, 05:13 PM
Billick has a point though. The guys however who led Willis are gone most of whom threw JP under the bus. The guys that led Willis are those partly responsible for the no playoffs appearance. As time goes by, I'm liking the idea that Marv and co wanted to start fresh. Build new leaders from within starting with JP.

Losman to Evans!

Ahhhh...

I expect to hear that combination ALOT this year.

HHURRICANE
08-23-2007, 08:20 PM
In fairness, Ray Lewis has murdered people for far less.

Meathead
08-23-2007, 08:45 PM
this is exactly whats gonna happen with willis this season

hes gonna come out and run hard and do well to start the seasons first few games

then hes gonna blow an assignment somewhere, shuffle his way to getting stuffed on an important down, and draw some criticism

then he'll withdraw into his ego shell and stop doing what made him successful earlier

he did that repeatedly here and i see no reason why the pattern would suddenly change there

HHURRICANE
08-23-2007, 08:47 PM
this is exactly whats gonna happen with willis this season

hes gonna come out and run hard and do well to start the seasons first few games

then hes gonna blow an assignment somewhere, shuffle his way to getting stuffed on an important down, and draw some criticism

then he'll withdraw into his ego shell and stop doing what made him successful earlier

he did that repeatedly here and i see no reason why the pattern would suddenly change there

I just fired this guy. Mr. "Guaranteed to disappoint and blame it on you."

chubluv
08-23-2007, 09:58 PM
He proclaimed to be the best RB in the league yet he never showed it. Enough said. If he has a good season good for him I wont care either way.

jmb1099
08-23-2007, 10:01 PM
The world will find out soon enough what the rest of us already know.

tat2dmike77
08-23-2007, 11:41 PM
Yeah his whole 6 td's last season and 5 the year before that. Plain and simple McGayhee is only productive when there is someone else there to take the job from him. Think about it here in buffalo he had a good year when travis was here. Then the bills let travis go and he showed his true colors a half assed loud mouth rb. In miami frank gore was the better back but due to an injury he lost the job. Yet the canes stuck with douche bag cause he was tearing it up in 02 ( till he met will allen GO BUCKS in the title game). Mcgahee is only just a little better then the guy behind him. If the guy behind him is a nothing more then a benchwarmer mcgayhee plays like it.

That being said can we stop all these mcgayhee threads. We all know he is a douche. We all know he how awesome he thinks he is. We all know the way to keep him out of buffalo or any other NFL city is to put a goal line around the city. We all know he thinks he doesn't have to pass block. We all know he has hands of stone. And we all know he would rather impregnate women at a rate higher then visits to the endzone by him.

SABuffalo786
08-24-2007, 12:39 AM
I CANNOT WAIT until October 21st.

Stake out a good spot by the tunnel and spit all over that ****ing ****.

BillsFever21
08-24-2007, 12:46 AM
Who cares what he has to say? Some have to big of a complex over Buffalo.

LifetimeBillsFan
08-24-2007, 02:30 AM
I find it interesting--both curious and amusing--that McGahee and the Ravens have continued to find it necessary to bash the Bills, unlike guys like Fletcher-Baker, Clements, and even TKO (he had his say, but that was it). It's almost as if they are using his dislike for Buffalo and his perception of his time with the Bills as motivational tool to gt him psyched up to do what they and he expect that he should be able to do...as if, under the bravado, they have serious doubts.

But, let's just see how the season plays out. The Ravens have lost some offensive linemen and, while they have some highly thought of rookies, the rookies and understudies replacing them are going to have to prove themselves and will make their share of mistakes. Additionally, I also think that Baltimore is going to miss O.Mugheli, who was a terrific blocker and good outlet receiver for McNair. McNair isn't as mobile or able to take a hit (he has had a bone transplanted into his sternum) as he used to be. I have a feeling that the Ravens are going to rue losing some of the quality blockers that they had. If so, let's see what kind of season Willis ends up having when all is said and done....

mysticsoto
08-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Ravens beat writer Mike Preston says he's seen little "acceleration" out of Willis McGahee in training camp and the preseason.
McGahee has been impressive in red-zone work, but hasn't broken a long run. He also hasn't averaged over four yards-per-carry once in his career, so there's little reason to believe he will in the Ravens' short-field attack.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2007/08/skins_game.html

Mr. Miyagi
08-24-2007, 02:41 PM
I CANNOT WAIT until October 21st.

Stake out a good spot by the tunnel and spit all over that ****ing ****.
:rofl: Now that's hatred!

Mr. Miyagi
08-24-2007, 02:47 PM
I find it interesting--both curious and amusing--that McGahee and the Ravens have continued to find it necessary to bash the Bills, unlike guys like Fletcher-Baker, Clements, and even TKO (he had his say, but that was it). It's almost as if they are using his dislike for Buffalo and his perception of his time with the Bills as motivational tool to gt him psyched up to do what they and he expect that he should be able to do...as if, under the bravado, they have serious doubts.
I'm not sure if all the talking by the Ravens is to motivate McGahee, or to convince themselves that they didn't make a mistake trading for him, after seeing what he can and cannot do in camp.

Bottom line is, do you see Tomlinson or the Chargers talking chit about how good he's going to be this year? Do you see Linehan and Steven Jackson yapping about how he's going to tear it up? Do you see Manning and Addai saying they're the best players in the league? They show it with actions, not with the smacking of the lips.

The less confident someone is, the more he has to prop it up through smack.

THATHURMANATOR
08-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Enough with Willis already. Why do we care? He will probably have a good year.

DynaPaul
08-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Money and the fact that we took a chance on his defective ass in the first round was motivation enough. This dude needs to stop making excuses for himself. Don't worry though fellow Bills fans, he'll be out of excuses about 6 games into the season when Baltimore sees what a dud they traded for.

tat2dmike77
08-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Raven fans are gonna miss jamal lewis after week 3.