PDA

View Full Version : Price Apparently Not a Good Lockerroom presence

raphael120
08-23-2007, 04:28 PM
Bills reporter on WGR commented on the fact that Price, although not as bad as he was when he first was a Bill, is still an arrogent cocky guy and also is offering no advice, knowledge, help to the younger WR's.

They're also saying that Roscoe is being tested out as the 2nd WR but they believe that he will not be exclusively be in that 2nd WR role because of durability issues and the coaching staff wanting to keep him for only certain drawn up plays highlighting his ability, which I think is a crock, if he's the second best WR on the team, let him have the spot, and if he gets injured, he gets injured.

Price is making 2.5mil this year and he has 1 year left on his contract. :puke:

justasportsfan
08-23-2007, 04:30 PM
we're drafting Price's replacement next year.

Earthquake Enyart
08-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Roscoe can't block anybody. He'll never be anything other than a 3rd WR.

raphael120
08-23-2007, 04:32 PM
Roscoe can't block anybody. He'll never be anything other than a 3rd WR.

And Price can?

Earthquake Enyart
08-23-2007, 04:33 PM
Price can get in front of someone. Roscoe is too small.

Night Train
08-23-2007, 04:39 PM
Parrish and Reed share the #3 slot.

Peerless has only Aiken, Morgan and a couple others behind him at #2.

Cuts coming up. We'll see.

RockStar36
08-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Price can get in front of someone. Roscoe is too small.

Roscoe Parrish: 5'9 171lbs

Santana Moss: 5'10 200lbs

Steve Smith: 5'9 185lbs

He isn't that much smaller than some teams #1 WR. I don't see why he couldn't be a #2 at some point in the future.

Michael82
08-23-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm not surprised about this, but then again...I take everything that Paul Hamilton says with a grain of salt. He's such a douchebag when it comes to the Bills. It's so obvious he doesn't like the Bills beat reporter part of his job. He's always whining about it and acting like a jackass. Now on the other hand, he's great with the Sabres coverage. The perfect solution would be to go back to the 2 beat reporters again....take Jeff Morrison off the 20/20 sports update and move him to the beat reporter for the Buffalo Bills. He did a great job at it for WNSA. And make Paul Hamilton exclusively a Sabres beat reporter.

TacklingDummy
08-23-2007, 04:54 PM
we're drafting Price's replacement next year.

Or Evans replacement. :ill:

RockStar36
08-23-2007, 04:56 PM
Or Evans replacement. :ill:

Ewwww.

Wally The Barber
08-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Peerless.Peerless. Peerless, what are we going to do with you?

patmoran2006
08-23-2007, 05:07 PM
Been saying since before camp started he can be a "shock cut".

Though as time is progressing doesnt look like a shock anymore.

That being said, Im thinking now they WONT cut him before the season starts, and they will at the very least hold on to him until they see during REAL GAME action that Reed is capable of being a 2 and Parrish a full time 3.

acehole
08-23-2007, 05:14 PM
I dunno....I dont think they have checked with op on this one.

P Price experiment should have been over last year. I agree on duability....but gezze dont send him on slants and he may be ok. As I said in the past if they want to give him a cusion because of his speed look out because he will sit in the zone catch the ball and juke you all day. If they want to play him bump and run a move or a double move he will blow by you. I would like to see more 3 wr sets wih everet at TE. They dont need 2 TE's (In theory) as the line has improved then you can move Reed and him in and out of the #2WR and slot all day to share the load. With all those dbs out there Lynch then has a great shot at suceeding if he gets past the Line of scrimage. ..it will be fun to watch this year.....

Bills reporter on WGR commented on the fact that Price, although not as bad as he was when he first was a Bill, is still an arrogent cocky guy and also is offering no advice, knowledge, help to the younger WR's.

They're also saying that Roscoe is being tested out as the 2nd WR but they believe that he will not be exclusively be in that 2nd WR role because of durability issues and the coaching staff wanting to keep him for only certain drawn up plays highlighting his ability, which I think is a crock, if he's the second best WR on the team, let him have the spot, and if he gets injured, he gets injured.

Price is making 2.5mil this year and he has 1 year left on his contract. :puke:

Ickybaluky
08-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Price is making 2.5mil this year and he has 1 year left on his contract.

He signed a 4-year deal, through 2009, and his salary is $1.6M.

HHURRICANE
08-23-2007, 07:30 PM
He signed a 4-year deal, through 2009, and his salary is $1.6M.

I thought it was 4 years, 10 million, but $2.5 a year, no bonus?

Oaf
08-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Is there ANYONE we could sign or legitimately trade for to replace this guy?

patmoran2006
08-23-2007, 08:21 PM
I thought it was 4 years, 10 million, but $2.5 a year, no bonus?including the bonus

Dr. Lecter
08-23-2007, 08:24 PM
Been saying since before camp started he can be a "shock cut".

Though as time is progressing doesnt look like a shock anymore.

That being said, Im thinking now they WONT cut him before the season starts, and they will at the very least hold on to him until they see during REAL GAME action that Reed is capable of being a 2 and Parrish a full time 3.

If he is on the roster opening day, his saalry is guarenteed.

If he goes it will be before the first game.

83evans
08-23-2007, 08:37 PM
LINK

clumping platelets
08-24-2007, 08:16 AM
:popcorn:

bigbub2352
08-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Paul Hamilton this morning on WGR55 was saying that he thinks Donovan Morgan should take one of the WR spots (not the number 2) but that Price should be cut, he doesnt think the Bills see it that way but Hamilton thinks they should cut him, he likes Morgans size and he plays tuff, he also said maybe this is the year Aiken shows anything on offense, We Will see

Elminster
08-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Roscoe Parrish: 5'9 171lbs

Santana Moss: 5'10 200lbs

Steve Smith: 5'9 185lbs

He isn't that much smaller than some teams #1 WR. I don't see why he couldn't be a #2 at some point in the future.
When you're 5'9, 14 Lbs. means a lot more than for some one whose 6'3 and 271. I'd say that you can't say that Roscoe is our second-best receiver, Josh Reed at least ties him by being as consistent as Roscoe is explosive.

PECKERWOOD
08-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Plus, just because there are other recievers around roscoes size ( although all of them are larger than roscoe.. ), it doesn't mean that Roscoe can block. Why can't Mike Williams block better than Jason Peters? Hell, with that logic Mike Williams should be a consecutive pro bowler.

raphael120
08-24-2007, 10:32 AM
I'm just seeing across the league, unsigned FA WR's making pretty decent impact. I know Colston is one of them, but he's the exception, not the rule, but I'd rather see a USFA with some upside to Price who has mostly downside.

justasportsfan
08-24-2007, 10:36 AM
I don't have a problem cutting Price as long as someone undeniably steps up .

Let's go Capt. Morgan.

PECKERWOOD
08-24-2007, 10:39 AM
Since PP's toughness has been questioned alot lately and how he is scared to take a big hit. Dick Jauron and Co., should bring in Hulk Hogan and have him body slam PP after every dropped pass. This would make him tough. Do it Bills. Do it Ralph. Ahh wait, Ralph is too cheap to hire Hulk Hogan.

raphael120
08-24-2007, 10:40 AM
I don't have a problem cutting Price as long as someone undeniably steps up .

Let's go Capt. Morgan.

I'd rather have Reed at number 2 than Price. Reed's shown hustle, something Price doesn't know.

raphael120
08-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Since PP's toughness has been questioned alot lately and how he is scared to take a big hit. Dick Jauron and Co., should bring in Hulk Hogan and have him body slam PP after every dropped pass. This would make him tough. Do it Bills. Do it Ralph. Ahh wait, Ralph is too cheap to hire Hulk Hogan.

You kiddin me? Hulk Hogan would be at your bday party at chuck e cheese if you paid him 50 bucks. he aint exactly a modern superstar anymore

justasportsfan
08-24-2007, 10:47 AM
I'd rather have Reed at number 2 than Price. Reed's shown hustle, something Price doesn't know.
Reed can't stretch the field like Price can. Reed is JP's blanket in the short pass especially when in trouble. Reed is also needed to help block.

I can see Price losing his spot or job if and when the coaches are sure that our TE's and rb's are another SURE weapons in the short passing game so the Reed can go deeper. That would make Price expendable. Right now we don't know that .

PECKERWOOD
08-24-2007, 10:52 AM
You kiddin me? Hulk Hogan would be at your bday party at chuck e cheese if you paid him 50 bucks. he aint exactly a modern superstar anymore

Well either way it won't happen because Marv is old and senile.

ublinkwescore
08-24-2007, 11:13 AM
I want Price off this team so bad after reading stuff like that.

The guy's a turd - let him go light it up in the CFL or Arena League.

Michael82
08-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Paul Hamilton this morning on WGR55 was saying that he thinks Donovan Morgan should take one of the WR spots (not the number 2) but that Price should be cut, he doesnt think the Bills see it that way but Hamilton thinks they should cut him, he likes Morgans size and he plays tuff, he also said maybe this is the year Aiken shows anything on offense, We Will see
I totally agree with Paul Hamilton on all of those points. Morgan is my sleeper to make the team.

justasportsfan
08-24-2007, 12:23 PM
we need a Colston dangit! So we don't have to waste a pick and $$$ on a wr next year.