• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bufftp
    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

The team out of no-where

Every new season in the NFL starts out with hope and optimism. A clean slate, the struggles and disappointments of last year now forgotten, hope renewed. Some would say for the fans of many teams it is folly, pure delusion to even have hope. Yet every year it seems, some team rises above the predicted mediocrity and excels.

The team out of no-where.

Who will be that team this year?
    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
    to be led by permanent ideals -
    that is what keeps a man patient
    when the world ignores him,
    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

• LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Re: The team out of no-where

The Buffalo Bills

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Not Buffalo. That requires luck, and we've all been Buffalo fans long enough to know that luck is the enemy of Buffalo sports.

More pragmatically, we have the Pats in our division, which makes it that much harder. I'd expect the team out of no where to come out of some division with no super power, like maybe the NFC East.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bling
        • Jul 2004

Miami and Buffalo

Tom Brady will get hurt and the Jets will mysteriously fall off the planet

Comment

• Bufftp
          Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
          The Buffalo Bills
          I agree. We have some youth ready to step up to the next level.
          They are going to surprise some!
          Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
          "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

The Cleveland Browns!

Brady Quinn somehow won't throw 20+ INTs like I think he will if he starts at least half the year!

Oh, you mean I was supposed to be serious?

This will be the year of the Cardinal.

Comment

• Pride
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              Not Buffalo. That requires luck, and we've all been Buffalo fans long enough to know that luck is the enemy of Buffalo sports.

More pragmatically, we have the Pats in our division, which makes it that much harder. I'd expect the team out of no where to come out of some division with no super power, like maybe the NFC East.
              Dude... Shut up! You have gone from a cool cat to the most annoying guy on the board! Don't you get tired of being negative? Good lord, disconnect for a few days and find a life!

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Pride
                Dude... Shut up! You have gone from a cool cat to the most annoying guy on the board! Don't you get tired of being negative? Good lord, disconnect for a few days and find a life!
                I'm really getting sick of people who respond to my posts without discussing football.

I have a legitimate point. Even if we somehow win 10 or 11 games, we could still miss the playoffs because of ****ing NE.

And you'll get your wish- I'm going out of town for a few days and I won't be online until Monday night or Tuesday.

This thread is the kind of homer drivel that drives me insane. There is no facts or analysis or reason behind it- it's just basically "well it's technically possible and it happens every year, so it COULD happen to us." No reason, no logic- just a baseless remote possibility.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bufftp
                  Every new season in the NFL starts out with hope and optimism. A clean slate, the struggles and disappointments of last year now forgotten, hope renewed. Some would say for the fans of many teams it is folly, pure delusion to even have hope. Yet every year it seems, some team rises above the predicted mediocrity and excels.

The team out of no-where.

Who will be that team this year?

a common falacy is this "team from no where" myth. The truth is it's attributed to the strength of schedule. Many years a team that has a few things going for them plays a cup-cake schedule and backs into the playoffs. I haven't even looked at everyone schedule yet but I have looked at ours. Nice try on this one homers, but it's not happening our schedule is brutal.

Comment

• Bufftp
                    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                    a common falacy is this "team from no where" myth. The truth is it's attributed to the strength of schedule. Many years a team that has a few things going for them plays a cup-cake schedule and backs into the playoffs. I haven't even looked at everyone schedule yet but I have looked at ours. Nice try on this one homers, but it's not happening our schedule is brutal.
                    a common falacy is that is that last years w/l record will determine this years difficulty of schedule. With free agencies changes and injuries things change and the pre-seaon look of schedule difficulty often looks different to the one after the season is played out.

You don't know.
                    Photobucket

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

San Francisco.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        This thread is the kind of homer drivel that drives me insane.
                        Even if it is drivel, if anything on a message board drives you insane, you're the one with a problem.

I bet it's not your opinions themselves that irk people, but your pathic need to try to "correct" every post that drives you insane. If there were 10 threads like this one, you'd do the same thing on all 10, endlessly. You're not the MB police.

I'd go insane too if I bothered to care about every baseless, biased post, but I learned not to.

Blind homer cheerleading is a fact of life on a fan board. No response will ever change it, even if you've "been over it before," as you often say. Deal with it, and leave it be. You'll be less insane, and everyone else will be less offended. Win-win.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                          San Francisco.
                          Beat me to it. I think they end up in the NFC Championship game.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bufftp
                            a common falacy is that is that last years w/l record will determine this years difficulty of schedule. With free agencies changes and injuries things change and the pre-seaon look of schedule difficulty often looks different to the one after the season is played out.

You don't know.
                            Exactly. Strength of schedule is moot when everyone's record is currently 0-0.

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

the tonawanda kardex are gonna come outta nowhere baby!
                              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                              X