PDA

View Full Version : The team out of no-where

Bufftp
08-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Every new season in the NFL starts out with hope and optimism. A clean slate, the struggles and disappointments of last year now forgotten, hope renewed. Some would say for the fans of many teams it is folly, pure delusion to even have hope. Yet every year it seems, some team rises above the predicted mediocrity and excels.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
The team out of no-where.
<o:p></o:p>
Who will be that team this year?

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2007, 07:30 PM
The Buffalo Bills

OpIv37
08-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Not Buffalo. That requires luck, and we've all been Buffalo fans long enough to know that luck is the enemy of Buffalo sports.

More pragmatically, we have the Pats in our division, which makes it that much harder. I'd expect the team out of no where to come out of some division with no super power, like maybe the NFC East.

Bling
08-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Miami and Buffalo

Tom Brady will get hurt and the Jets will mysteriously fall off the planet

Bufftp
08-23-2007, 07:34 PM
The Buffalo Bills
:bf1: I agree. We have some youth ready to step up to the next level.
They are going to surprise some!

Mr. Pink
08-23-2007, 07:35 PM
The Cleveland Browns!

Brady Quinn somehow won't throw 20+ INTs like I think he will if he starts at least half the year!

Oh, you mean I was supposed to be serious?

This will be the year of the Cardinal.

Pride
08-23-2007, 07:38 PM
Not Buffalo. That requires luck, and we've all been Buffalo fans long enough to know that luck is the enemy of Buffalo sports.

More pragmatically, we have the Pats in our division, which makes it that much harder. I'd expect the team out of no where to come out of some division with no super power, like maybe the NFC East.

Dude... Shut up! You have gone from a cool cat to the most annoying guy on the board! Don't you get tired of being negative? Good lord, disconnect for a few days and find a life!

OpIv37
08-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Dude... Shut up! You have gone from a cool cat to the most annoying guy on the board! Don't you get tired of being negative? Good lord, disconnect for a few days and find a life!

I'm really getting sick of people who respond to my posts without discussing football.

I have a legitimate point. Even if we somehow win 10 or 11 games, we could still miss the playoffs because of ****ing NE.

And you'll get your wish- I'm going out of town for a few days and I won't be online until Monday night or Tuesday.

This thread is the kind of homer drivel that drives me insane. There is no facts or analysis or reason behind it- it's just basically "well it's technically possible and it happens every year, so it COULD happen to us." No reason, no logic- just a baseless remote possibility.

Typ0
08-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Every new season in the NFL starts out with hope and optimism. A clean slate, the struggles and disappointments of last year now forgotten, hope renewed. Some would say for the fans of many teams it is folly, pure delusion to even have hope. Yet every year it seems, some team rises above the predicted mediocrity and excels.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

a common falacy is this "team from no where" myth. The truth is it's attributed to the strength of schedule. Many years a team that has a few things going for them plays a cup-cake schedule and backs into the playoffs. I haven't even looked at everyone schedule yet but I have looked at ours. Nice try on this one homers, but it's not happening our schedule is brutal.

Bufftp
08-23-2007, 07:49 PM
a common falacy is this "team from no where" myth. The truth is it's attributed to the strength of schedule. Many years a team that has a few things going for them plays a cup-cake schedule and backs into the playoffs. I haven't even looked at everyone schedule yet but I have looked at ours. Nice try on this one homers, but it's not happening our schedule is brutal.
a common falacy is that is that last years w/l record will determine this years difficulty of schedule. With free agencies changes and injuries things change and the pre-seaon look of schedule difficulty often looks different to the one after the season is played out.

You don't know.

YardRat
08-23-2007, 08:00 PM
San Francisco.

Philagape
08-23-2007, 08:01 PM
This thread is the kind of homer drivel that drives me insane.

Even if it is drivel, if anything on a message board drives you insane, you're the one with a problem.

I bet it's not your opinions themselves that irk people, but your pathic need to try to "correct" every post that drives you insane. If there were 10 threads like this one, you'd do the same thing on all 10, endlessly. You're not the MB police.

I'd go insane too if I bothered to care about every baseless, biased post, but I learned not to.

Blind homer cheerleading is a fact of life on a fan board. No response will ever change it, even if you've "been over it before," as you often say. Deal with it, and leave it be. You'll be less insane, and everyone else will be less offended. Win-win.

HHURRICANE
08-23-2007, 08:32 PM
San Francisco.

Beat me to it. I think they end up in the NFC Championship game.

LtBillsFan66
08-23-2007, 08:34 PM
a common falacy is that is that last years w/l record will determine this years difficulty of schedule. With free agencies changes and injuries things change and the pre-seaon look of schedule difficulty often looks different to the one after the season is played out.

You don't know.
Exactly. Strength of schedule is moot when everyone's record is currently 0-0.

Meathead
08-23-2007, 08:50 PM
the tonawanda kardex are gonna come outta nowhere baby!

duhbilz
08-23-2007, 09:02 PM
San Francisco.

I don't consider the 49er's out of nowhere, they have been moving upward for the last three years and improving.

Texans, Steelers, Vikes, Rams or Redskins. One of those teams would be my picks.

justasportsfan
08-23-2007, 09:35 PM
:bf1:

justasportsfan
08-23-2007, 09:35 PM
Even if it is drivel, if anything on a message board drives you insane, you're the one with a problem.

I bet it's not your opinions themselves that irk people, but your pathic need to try to "correct" every post that drives you insane. If there were 10 threads like this one, you'd do the same thing on all 10, endlessly. You're not the MB police.

I'd go insane too if I bothered to care about every baseless, biased post, but I learned not to.

Blind homer cheerleading is a fact of life on a fan board. No response will ever change it, even if you've "been over it before," as you often say. Deal with it, and leave it be. You'll be less insane, and everyone else will be less offended. Win-win.
:clap:

PECKERWOOD
08-23-2007, 09:55 PM
The Detroit Lions.

Calvin Johnson is going to pull alot of coverage away from Roy Williams and vice versa. This duo is going to be the best in the entire NFL especially with Martz as their OC.

Scumbag College
08-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Why not Buffalo?

The Bills almost beat the Pats, the Jets in September, the Colts, the Chargers, and the Titans...

Turn two or three of those games around last year, who knows what happens. They started alot of rookies, whom I would imagine will only be better. JP has another year under his belt in the same offensive scheme and now might have a decent OLine. The Bills also got two legit starters in Lynch and Poz in the draft. Everyone else is talking about other teams coming out of nowhere, but again, why not Buffalo?

Typ0
08-24-2007, 08:16 AM

You don't know.

True, it doesn't have anything to do with last years record...but it does have to do with the strength of those squads themselves. It's hard to believe NE, DEN, BAL,DAL falling much as they also are more experience now and have added talent without losing a lot. That's five losses right there. We also have CIN on our schedule who I expect to have a better season this year. Call that opinion. If we split with the JETS that's 9-7 right there assuming we win all of our "winnable games". I just don't see us improving on last years record and would be surprised if we win more than 5 games.

Philagape
08-24-2007, 08:21 AM
Isn't the point of picking a team "out of nowhere" picking a team that very few people think will succeed? Then Buffalo fits. If the Bills were expected to win, then they wouldn't be out of nowhere.

patmoran2006
08-24-2007, 08:51 AM
I like green bay as my "team outta nowhere" for this season.

Tatonka
08-24-2007, 09:52 AM
This thread is the kind of homer drivel that drives me insane. There is no facts or analysis or reason behind it- it's just basically "well it's technically possible and it happens every year, so it COULD happen to us." No reason, no logic- just a baseless remote possibility.

so dont ****ing post in the god damn thread

edited...no personal attacks please.

justasportsfan
08-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Jauron's season theme is right on. "why not us? " The jets were the team that came out of nowhere last year. Why not us this year? I know the pessimists will have a hundred reasons why just like the jets pessimists did last year.

thecoordinator
08-24-2007, 10:08 AM
the bucs

PECKERWOOD
08-24-2007, 10:31 AM
I think we will be alright but it's no fun to pick the Bills because they are the most obvious option. I tried to pick a team that I had no bias towards what so ever.

Meathead
08-24-2007, 01:41 PM
the jets were quite surprising last year thats for sure

the bears the season prior. but the bears had a cake schedule that year too

btp is right, last years results often belie how good a team will be going forward, but the bills schedule does look brutal right now. but so was last seasons and they almost got to eight wins so that seems about right

from there it only takes two lucky plays to get to ten wins so theres no reason it cant be the bills

ublinkwescore
08-24-2007, 01:45 PM

Our schedule was brutal last year as well, yet we played most of our opponents who were in the playoffs pretty damn tough - hell we lost to the superbowl champs by 1 point - why is it so far-fetched to figure on the youth movement taking another step forward leading to us going to the playoffs?

duhbilz
08-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Our schedule was brutal last year as well, yet we played most of our opponents who were in the playoffs pretty damn tough - hell we lost to the superbowl champs by 1 point - why is it so far-fetched to figure on the youth movement taking another step forward leading to us going to the playoffs?

The, Titans, Lions, Vikes, Dolphins twice,Pack and Texans is a brutal schedule????

patmoran2006
08-24-2007, 02:50 PM
The, Titans, Lions, Vikes, Dolphins twice,Pack and Texans is a brutal schedule????

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

raphael120
08-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Mods, retitle this thread "Team going no-where" and this is more accurate.

Philagape
08-24-2007, 10:19 PM
This team would have to come from WWAAAAAYYYYYYY out of nowhere. Like nonexistence. Oblivion.

Meathead
08-24-2007, 10:26 PM
oh ye of little faith

Typ0
08-25-2007, 06:29 PM

as was properly stated above we played a boat load of piss poor and beat up teams last year and in no way was our schedule "brutal". Additionally, there isn't that much of a gap between the first team and last team in the NFL and "playing teams tough" doesn't mean crap only beating them does and we aren't beating anyone. Did you watch the "preseason" game last night? We looked horrible. Good luck with the optimism I hope it can hold out until week 4 but I see this team crumbling very early in the season and a lot of talk about "how next year is going to be better" about eight weeks away.

Wys Guy
08-25-2007, 08:20 PM
It's gonna be us!

Most of the teams on our schedule are a bunch of pansies!

We should easily beat 10 or more of them. We deserve to win all 16 games. Levy's a great GM.

Jauron should really be in the Hall of Fame. His losing seasons are actually a miracle since he only had 29 man rosters for those teams.

Viva Le Marv!

Hip, hip, HOORAY!!
Hip, hip, HOORAY!!
Hip, hip, ...

Wys Guy
08-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Oh, and Youboty's really coming on.

Nate who?

I think anyone that was critical of Marv and his draft last year finally has to admit, that Youboty and McCargo were real steals. I don't know about everyone, but I'd have even traded another pick for McCargo. He was a madman yesterday.

DraftBoy
08-25-2007, 08:43 PM
Minnesota Vikings