PDA

View Full Version : Source: Vick will not admit to killing dogs or gambling on dog fights

Ebenezer
08-24-2007, 12:27 AM
If I were the prosecutor and had solid evidence I would be going at him full bore....no plea deal. Basically, in the end, Vick is willing to plead guilty to the interstate commerce for the purpose of dogfighting charge...the least of the penalties...Why do I have a feeling this one isn't going away just yet. - Don't forget, the state of Virginia has not weighed in yet with a decision to press charges or not.

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick will not admit to killing dogs or gambling on dog fights, as detailed in his indictment, when he enters a guilty plea in a Richmond, Va., federal court Monday, a source close to the case has told ESPN. Instead, the one count of conspiracy that Vick will plead to will admit guilt to the charge of interstate commerce for the purpose of dogfighting.

The source told ESPN that Vick's defense team met with federal attorneys Thursday afternoon to determine the "summary of facts" to which Vick will plead, and that his attorneys believed they had a deal. The source said Vick maintains he never killed dogs and never gambled on a dog fight.

He will admit he was present when dogs were killed, but that he did not personally kill any of the dogs.

The allegations of killing dogs and gambling were part of the picture painted by Vick's three co-defendants, all of whom have pleaded guilty.

Vick, 27, is scheduled to enter his plea agreement Monday and could face up to five years in prison.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2989037

kgun12
08-24-2007, 12:30 AM
That's crap I hope the source is wrong! :pray:

Ebenezer
08-24-2007, 12:33 AM
That's crap I hope the source is wrong! :pray:
I hope the source is right and they go ahead and try him on everything else.

SquishDaFish
08-24-2007, 05:24 AM
Hell yea EB Fry him. Hopefully they take the plea off and Convict him

MikeInRoch
08-24-2007, 07:42 AM
So if he doesn't admit to killing the dogs, can they charge him for it at a later time? After all, if he doesn't admit to it, can his plea deal cover it?

Mitchy moo
08-24-2007, 09:00 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=132562

don137
08-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Yea, we believe him...It's not like he lied and said he was never at the property when the first allegations came out and that he just hung around bad apples...

Philagape
08-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Gee, no special treatment here ....

Michael82
08-24-2007, 12:05 PM
If he doesn't admit to the crimes, I think this whole thing will fall apart and you will see that piece of **** in court in November.

Philagape
08-24-2007, 12:27 PM
If I were the judge, I'd be pissed and :flush: the deal and go to trial

HHURRICANE
08-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Shirley Franklin has set up a parade in his honor because he is now exonerated on dog-fighting charges. " He's a victim. He just drove the dogs there, and watched them get killed.

DynaPaul
08-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Old info as of now. Vick admitted to everything pretty much. He says he was there but didn't actually do the killing but his co-defendants will refute. He'll probably get off on the gambling charge still though.

DraftBoy
08-24-2007, 09:35 PM
Here is the official plea bargain;
http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/ajc/pdf/vickplea.pdf

I havent read it yet, its 22 pages

historypete
08-24-2007, 11:13 PM
This whole story about Vick not pleading to killing dogs is another reason why ESPN has lost much of its credibility when it comes to reporting real news. This was about as accurate as when Mort went on TV and said no charges were going to be filed against Vick in the first place.

Michael82
08-25-2007, 02:35 AM
This whole story about Vick not pleading to killing dogs is another reason why ESPN has lost much of its credibility when it comes to reporting real news. This was about as accurate as when Mort went on TV and said no charges were going to be filed against Vick in the first place.
:rofl: ESPN was wrong again..... :shocked:

SABURZFAN
08-25-2007, 04:17 AM
He will admit he was present when dogs were killed, but that he did not personally kill any of the dogs.

[/I]

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2989037

lying ****......... yeah it's the F-bomb