PDA

View Full Version : Bills ‘D’ Looking To Clamp Down Early

justasportsfan
08-24-2007, 10:59 AM
After two preseason games Buffalo's top defensive unit has surrendered four drives of 10 plays or more and 234 yards from scrimmage. Fortunately those four long drives resulted in just six points allowed as a blocked field goal and a goal line stand kept the opposing offense at bay.

Nevertheless entering preseason game number three against Tennessee tonight, widely considered the final dress rehearsal for the starting units, Buffalo's defenders want to demonstrate an ability to get off the field a lot sooner.

"The thing we want do, this week especially, is to come out and have a good opening series as a defense," said Chris Kelsay. "The way things have gone the last couple games, even though we didn't give up points both of those times, to have an offense drive down the field on you is very disappointing."

Strong safety Donte Whitner admitted that he and his defensive teammates were bothered by the way Atlanta came out last week and ran it right at them with a 10-play drive on the first series.

"It affected us a lot because on any given play we want to come out and we want to be perfect," said Whitner. "In the first quarter against Atlanta they had a couple of long runs and we don't want to give those up. We've evaluated the film and hopefully we've fixed those mistakes."

John DiGiorgio is expected to start at middle linebacker and Jauron said he and Paul Posluszny will rotate by quarter until the latter stages of the game.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5125

justasportsfan
08-24-2007, 11:04 AM
things to watch ...

Coy Wire.

Whittle as a rg.

Of course Lynch .

POZ vs. DiG

Pennington at RT

more thoughts?

Mr. Pink
08-24-2007, 11:09 AM
JP Losman leading the offense on a drive to keep the defense off the field for the majority of the half.

Roscoe Parrish lining up in the 2 slot.

Jason Webster, Youboty, Greer, Someone to actually EARN the role of the number 2 corner.

John McCargo...is he playing or is he hurt again? Not sure.

Al Wallace to see what he can bring to the team.

PECKERWOOD
08-24-2007, 11:16 AM
things to watch ...

Coy Wire.

Whittle as a rg.

Of course Lynch .

POZ vs. DiG

Pennington at RT

more thoughts?

Youboty

McCargo

Webster

Greer

Wendling

Price

Fowler

justasportsfan
08-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Youboty

McCargo

Webster

Greer

Wendling

Price

Fowler
Okay you cover that, Funtimes covers his . We'll expect a report on tomorrow.

PECKERWOOD
08-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Okay you cover that, Funtimes covers his . We'll expect a report on tomorrow.

Affirmative.

justasportsfan
08-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Affirmative.
don't expect anything from me, I'll be partying tonight and too hungover to even remember tomorrow that the bills played :D

PECKERWOOD
08-24-2007, 11:42 AM
don't expect anything from me, I'll be partying tonight and too hungover to even remember tomorrow that the bills played :D

lol, most likely the same from me but I'l try. Chances are I'll be too stoned to comprehend what is going on.