PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for Starters at Tonight's Game

raphael120
08-24-2007, 12:58 PM
What does everyone think? Will the starters come out and mount a successful TD drive, will our defense be able to stop Vince Young or will we surrender big chunks of yardage? Will we be able to stop Lendale White/Chris Henry/etc. from gashing our rush D for massive gains?

Will Peerless actually get a completion? Will McCargo improve upon last games decent outing?

A lot of position battles to watch for too. How will Greer perform? Will he challenge for the 2nd CB spot? How about Reed and Parrish? Will they outperform Price yet again, giving the Bills brass more reason to cut him?

Couple things I want to see:

JP score a TD, or at least mount a long sustained drive...this is not a decent defense theyre playing against, but then again, the starters failed to score a TD against the Falcons 2nd string D. The Bills want to have a ball control, time draining offense...let's see at least a slight resemblance of what we're trying to be.

Marshawn, he'll have a full half, it'll be nice to see what this dude can do after he had a couple games to digest the NFL speed.

Our defense not surrender big chunks of yards on the ground. Im not worried about Vince Youngs arm, he's not very accurate at all...this should bode well for our fast, turnover creating defense.

How well will Donovan Morgan play? Many people are saying Price may be cut and thus make room for Morgan to be on the roster. He and Edwards impressed me last week, will we see more of the same?

Which brings me to Edwards again. I don't know about anyone else but this kid is exciting to watch sometimes...and you never know, this could be the guy that ultimately is Buffalo's QB, pending JP's play.

DiGiorgio vs. Poz. Why this is even a big debate is beyond me...but I think Poz will continue to show why DiGi should have never got his ass off the bench.

I'm predicting more of what we've seen...nothing great, no TD's from our starters, we'll still be plagued by inconsistant QB play, if any bright spot to be found, Marshawn will play well.
I'm also prediciting that our defense will improve upon past games and clamp down, and get a few INTs from Young. The Bills will contain Young when he tries to take off and run...you can't scramble too much when you're dealing with our fast defense. You'll see more of the same from our D-line...overpersuing and overpowered. I'd expect to see really nice plays from out safeties though.

Another low scoring affair...Bills will pull off the win though. 21-13

Thoughts?

ddaryl
08-24-2007, 01:02 PM
enquiring minds want to know !

We're all looking for improved consistency with the 1st unit. Starting with the offense having a dominant series or 2, and the D making a key stop on the opponents 1st O series.

BidsJr
08-24-2007, 01:11 PM
JP 12-14 186 2 TD's

Marshawn 10 Carries 63 yards and 1 TD on the ground one through the air. Chips in with 3 catches and 49 yards.

Lee 6 catches 71 yards and a TD.

Peerless on the first play of the game has a pass go off his index finger that breaks his nail and he is out 4 weeks.

Sco and Reed then combine for the remaining 3 catches and 66 yards.

D-Line allows 6 yards rushing on 14 carries against Tenn's 1st team. POZ has 12 tackles including 4 for loss all 12 within 3 yds of the line of scrimmage.

We get 2 sacks a piece from both Shoebal and Kelsey (earning their money).

Finally Our young over matched secondary gets 1 pick apiece from the starters and Greer gets the 5th.

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!

raphael120
08-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Peerless on the first play of the game has a pass go off his index finger that breaks his nail and he is out 4 weeks.

:clap:

BidsJr
08-24-2007, 01:39 PM
JP 12-14 186 2 TD's

Marshawn 10 Carries 63 yards and 1 TD on the ground one through the air. Chips in with 3 catches and 49 yards.

Lee 6 catches 71 yards and a TD.

Sco and Reed then combine for the remaining 3 catches and 66 yards.

D-Line allows 6 yards rushing on 14 carries against Tenn's 1st team. POZ has 12 tackles including 4 for loss all 12 within 3 yds of the line of scrimmage.

We get 2 sacks a piece from both Shoebal and Kelsey (earning their money).

Finally Our young over matched secondary gets 1 pick apiece from the starters and Greer gets the 5th.

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!

:posrep:

Meathead
08-24-2007, 02:05 PM
i predict that anything that happens tonite except an injury will have any bearing whatsoever on what happens sept 9