• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-DON
    hi
    • Mar 2004

Bills Post Game Notes

Bills Post game analysis

After watching the third and arguably most important preseason game, i came away with some mixed reviews. Sifting through the B.S reffing and terrible run game, there was actually a football game being played. For starters, the offense had a few nice big plays but little consistency when it came to sustaining drives or running the ball. At its best, losman was connecting deep to both evans and price. At its worse, lynch was getting abused, although mostly not his fault. Our run game is piss poor. Period. Evans is a stud flat out. He catches everything and if you go look back at his deep bomb i swear he gave the DB a little fake like he was going to slow down for the catch then all of a sudden exploded for the TD. Just beautiful.

Meanwhile our D is still a major work in progress. No run D at all and our DB seem to always be out of position. To be honest, i think greer is our best cover corner. No joke. Ellison on the other hand, can not tackle McLovin with a 40 yard running start. To me, he is straight garbage. I hope he does not win the starting job. Wire, and i hate to say this, looked very good for the second straight week. He needs to get a shot with the first team.

IMPRESSIVE

Losman- on deep routes and his toughness. He is all out of Bubble Gum if you know what i mean
    Parrish- anytime he touches the ball i get goose bumps
    Evans- just a given
    Price -had two beautiful catches one bomb and one nice sideline 3rd down catch
    Nall- looked good but the wr got the dropsy's a few times when he hit them right on the money
    Wire- was making nice plays every chance he had
    Greer- is a stud imo. Another stellar performance
    Fred Jackson- continues to be the only rb to do anything. Bye bye to Scobey and Shaud
    Trent Edwards- Just makes really smart decisions

UNIMPRESSIVE

Losmans short game passing
    The running game as a whole. O-Line and RB's
    Run D was garbage once again
    Ellison-see above
    Tackling on D is way below garbage. Its straight embarrassing
    The D as whole was very unimpressive minus a couple of players

Overall
    This team is going to live and die on the big play. Whether its roscoe returning punts{had one called back this game} or Evans catching bombs, this is our only chance to be above average. Our D cant stop anybody so expect some shootouts. At least this season will be exciting win or lose. Also they mentioned there was no game planning for either the offense or defense prior to this game. Take it for what its worth.
  • im4bflo
    the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
    • Sep 2003

Re: Bills Post Game Notes

Good post, but it's still preseason, and I'm waiting for the cuts, and 2 more weeks preperation, before I judge the boys.
    But at the moment, I agree with your post of this game.
    What has to stop, is stupid penalties, that always seem to come at the wrong time for us, for example, Roscoes TD.
    GO BILLS!

Comment

• B-DON
      hi
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by im4bflo
      Good post, but it's still preseason, and I'm waiting for the cuts, and 2 more weeks preperation, before I judge the boys.
      But at the moment, I agree with your post of this game.
      What has to stop, is stupid penalties, that always seem to come at the wrong time for us, for example, Roscoes TD.
      GO BILLS!
      Good point. We definitely have a discipline problem almost as bad as our tackling problem

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

We didnt look good at any point tonight, Fred Jackson was our best player by far
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• raphael120
          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by B-DON
          Bills Post game analysis

After watching the third and arguably most important preseason game, i came away with some mixed reviews. Sifting through the B.S reffing and terrible run game, there was actually a football game being played. For starters, the offense had a few nice big plays but little consistency when it came to sustaining drives or running the ball. At its best, losman was connecting deep to both evans and price. At its worse, lynch was getting abused, although mostly not his fault. Our run game is piss poor. Period. Evans is a stud flat out. He catches everything and if you go look back at his deep bomb i swear he gave the DB a little fake like he was going to slow down for the catch then all of a sudden exploded for the TD. Just beautiful.

Meanwhile our D is still a major work in progress. No run D at all and our DB seem to always be out of position. To be honest, i think greer is our best cover corner. No joke. Ellison on the other hand, can not tackle McLovin with a 40 yard running start. To me, he is straight garbage. I hope he does not win the starting job. Wire, and i hate to say this, looked very good for the second straight week. He needs to get a shot with the first team.

IMPRESSIVE

Losman- on deep routes and his toughness. He is all out of Bubble Gum if you know what i mean
          Parrish- anytime he touches the ball i get goose bumps
          Evans- just a given
          Price -had two beautiful catches one bomb and one nice sideline 3rd down catch
          Nall- looked good but the wr got the dropsy's a few times when he hit them right on the money
          Wire- was making nice plays every chance he had
          Greer- is a stud imo. Another stellar performance
          Fred Jackson- continues to be the only rb to do anything. Bye bye to Scobey and Shaud
          Trent Edwards- Just makes really smart decisions

UNIMPRESSIVE

Losmans short game passing
          The running game as a whole. O-Line and RB's
          Run D was garbage once again
          Ellison-see above
          Tackling on D is way below garbage. Its straight embarrassing
          The D as whole was very unimpressive minus a couple of players

Overall
          This team is going to live and die on the big play. Whether its roscoe returning punts{had one called back this game} or Evans catching bombs, this is our only chance to be above average. Our D cant stop anybody so expect some shootouts. At least this season will be exciting win or lose. Also they mentioned there was no game planning for either the offense or defense prior to this game. Take it for what its worth.

Gee, all the same problems we had last season. Got to love the progress, huh?

Comment

• im4bflo
            the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
            • Sep 2003

I didn't get to visualy see the game, just read a play by play, so It's hard to comment, but what happened to Lynch, was it him, or the line?
            And the tackling was pretty bad huh?

Comment

• Cleve
              • Oct 2004

Is there much correlation, historically, between pre-season success and regular season success. I didn't think there was - but I could be mistaken.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
              per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• kinigirly
                • Sep 2005

from what i caught at the bar everytime i looked the titans were passing with ease and scoring with ease. then when i see our O-line up we can't catch a break.
                i feel like it takes a million times more effort to score some points whereas other teams breeze by us to the goal

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

I watched the game. It was pathetic. "Vanilla" doesn't describe our gameplan but our talent.

Comment

• raphael120
                    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Cleve
                    Is there much correlation, historically, between pre-season success and regular season success. I didn't think there was - but I could be mistaken.
                    Well from waht I see there is a direct correlation to the shortcomings of our team last seaosn and the same shortcomings occuring during preseason

Comment

• im4bflo
                      the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      I watched the game. It was pathetic. "Vanilla" doesn't describe our gameplan but our talent.
                      'gameplan' :snicker2: you think we game planned for a preseason game?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

I'm really starting to think that we are worse than last year. Robert Royal is still in there blocking and basically we have no ability to stop the run.

Comment

• im4bflo
                          the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                          • Sep 2003

Don't any of you guys remember the preseason games, back when we were going to the SB every year, for 4 years, we were always joking that it would be bad luck if we won one, because we rarely did.
                          preseason is for evaluation of players, mostly, they won't show too much until the season begins.

Comment

• Meathead
                            Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cleve
                            Is there much correlation, historically, between pre-season success and regular season success.
                            zero

but its fun to run around with our hair on fire anyway
                            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by im4bflo
                              Don't any of you guys remember the preseason games, back when we were going to the SB every year, for 4 years, we were always joking that it would be bad luck if we won one, because we rarely did.
                              preseason is for evaluation of players, mostly, they won't show too much until the season begins.
                              Well I was evaluating the first string and it wasn't good. Did you watch the game?

Comment

Working...
                              X