PDA

View Full Version : Observations from the game

Dr. Lecter
08-24-2007, 11:30 PM
Random observations from the game:

1. I have never been a fan of Preston and am less so now. He was terrible.
2.Fred Jackson runs hard and will make this team as the #3 or #4 back, unless Thomas gets axed.
3. Tim Anderson actually played well.
4. Peerless Price played very well.
5. The tackling was embarassing. And not just on Young.
6. Parrish made a great punt return. The block in the back was BS, as the player was pushed into Wire.
7. Langston Walker was actually solid.
8. Schobel was invisible.
9. Terrence McGee was missed.
10. Losman struggled after his injury, but still lauched a beauty to Evans.
11. Poz and John D were non-factors.
12. Triplett was bad.
13. McCargo was Ok. As matter of fact, the run defense was good when he and Timmy were together.
14. The Titans ran a much more complex offense than the Bills. They had more motion, shifts and misdirections. I was surprised at how much they did.
15. Danney needs to stay away from Jello shots.
16. Philagape is a cool guy. Nice to meet ya'!

PECKERWOOD
08-25-2007, 12:01 AM
You should combine this thread with the 3rd pre-season game thread.

Both same thing.

Meathead
08-25-2007, 12:15 AM
moderately concerned about the dline

not very much concerned about the oline. yes looked awful run blocking tonite but too much talent it will come together at least adequately. pass protection was sound most of the time. preston sucks out loud as a center which is quite a surprise

losman is a preparation guy. once they start game planning i think he will look much better. knows how to set up evans for the bomb perfectly now

wr is now a strength overall. evans is a god, and the three behind him are more than enough to draw some of the doubles away from his side. reed is a blocking machine and clutch third down master. parrish is good for two mind boggling rac plays a game. price is overpaid but a bomb threat all the time

hard to judge lynch but not going to make any conclusions until we see him in this offense for real. impressive hands on the over the shoulder reach catch tonite inspires confidence as a reciever

pass rush was pretty good, anybody else but young and they have four or so sacks first half alone. corners are a concern right now tho as theyve given up too many completions so far in the practice games

despite ellison sucking out loud tonite, linebackers look like the strength of the d. might take some time to gel but talent is there. poz is just a gamer, wire has been impressive and will see significant time, and ellison will rebound from the worst game ive ever seen him play

special teams will be top three again. kicking game top notch. as is the return game

bottom line: no reason to think the bills either suck massive or are world beaters. looks like a .500 team and with two or three pieces of luck will be in playoff contention late in the season

Dr. Lecter
08-25-2007, 12:18 AM
You should combine this thread with the 3rd pre-season game thread.

Both same thing.

Little different as it was what it looked like with my fat behind in a seat.....

hammerbillsfan
08-25-2007, 03:01 AM

None of you jabroni's introduce him to me. :mad:

El Guapo
08-25-2007, 03:07 AM

What the heck is a jabroni?

hammerbillsfan
08-25-2007, 03:12 AM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Jabroni

Oaf
08-25-2007, 03:28 AM
Walker had one awful whiff that led to a busted play.
I thought Tripp and McCargo played well last night.

Historian
08-25-2007, 05:19 AM
Their two minute drill sliced through our defense like a hot knife through butter.

Parrish will have his breakout year this year.

All three QBs looked "stale".

The new scoreboard was a disappointment. It's hi-def but its only a few feet larger than the old one.

The ribbon board is just plain annoying, flashing Noco and M&T Bank ads all night.

For Shelby: Coy Wire shaved his head.

shelby
08-25-2007, 06:48 AM
For Shelby: Coy Wire shaved his head.
Dammmmmmmmmn. Well, the poor kid was going bald, so it's a good call i suppose.

Bone
08-25-2007, 07:09 AM
Their two minute drill sliced through our defense like a hot knife through butter.

They had an Interview on Whitner and they asked him about that and he said they were playing a vanilla style of defense?

Meathead
08-25-2007, 07:21 AM
whitner also admitted they expect to be a bend dont break defense, which suprised me because they usually dont like that term preferring to stick the offense. but i guess they gotta go with what they got which is speed instead of power

as much as theyve said they dont want to be, this is going to look a lot like the rams teams from the last decade - explosive offense and turnover oriented defense

Philagape
08-25-2007, 07:25 AM
The defense broke

Yasgur's Farm
08-25-2007, 07:28 AM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Jabroni

I was glad to see that in addition to jabroni, my personal favorites are defined as well... jamoke, chooch, mook.

Thankx HBF!

mybills
08-25-2007, 08:03 AM
:rofl:

Dr. Lecter
08-25-2007, 09:16 AM

He told us he does not like Canadians.

patmoran2006
08-25-2007, 09:42 AM
whitner also admitted they expect to be a bend dont break defense, which suprised me because they usually dont like that term preferring to stick the offense. but i guess they gotta go with what they got which is speed instead of power

as much as theyve said they dont want to be, this is going to look a lot like the rams teams from the last decade - explosive offense and turnover oriented defense
The Rams had an OL that knew how to block someone and though Im a fan of Lynch; He's got an eternity to go before someone can compare him to Faulk.

patmoran2006
08-25-2007, 09:47 AM

He's the epitomy of the continous mediocre OL we've had for years.
2.Fred Jackson runs hard and will make this team as the #3 or #4 back,
unless Thomas gets axed.
If all things were equal, and they're not. This guy would get a chance to start. The cinderella of this year's camp.
Sadly, in comparison to our other DT's, yes.
This offense NEEDS that. Played great.
The defense is simply NOT good enough I can't believe more people dont understand that.
6. Parrish made a great punt return. The block in the back was BS, as the player was pushed into Wire.
yes. Parrish is impressing the hell out of me this summer.
Except for one play,I actually totally agree.
I'll give him a pass.. HE had 50 mill on his mind-- which is too much btw.
our CB's are doo doo. I'm scared to death of that.
He looked like Losman of old. Great long ball, horrible everything else.
Get used to it until POZ gets plenty of experience.
12. Triplett was bad.
He's not a good player and was a horrible signing.
13. McCargo was Ok. As matter of fact, the run defense was good when he and Timmy were together.
McCargo has potential, but he seems to totally dissappear at times.
14. The Titans ran a much more complex offense than the Bills. They had more motion, shifts and misdirections. I was surprised at how much they did.
The Bills defense sucks because they can't tackle anyone or cover anyone. Dont make up excuses for them.
He's one of the guys I'd like to meet. One of my favorite unbiased posters on here.

chubluv
08-25-2007, 09:47 AM

2.Fred Jackson runs hard and will make this team as the #3 or #4 back, unless Thomas gets axed.
12. Triplett was bad.

I have to agree with you.

The last buffalo fan
08-25-2007, 10:00 AM
What the heck is a jabroni?

The same as cabron in Mexico. :up:

JD
08-25-2007, 12:29 PM
I was at the game and here are my observations:::::

The most exciting moment of the game was 4 fans running 100 yards down the field in the 2nd quarter.. other than that I was bored out of my mind.

I really hope our first team is playing scared just so they dont get hurt, because they look AWFUL.. except evans :up:

TigerJ
08-25-2007, 02:00 PM
I think it's time to give Preston the "bust" label.

The linebacking in general was poor. Ellison really struggled in his tackling.

I generally agree with you Doc.

hammerbillsfan
08-25-2007, 02:28 PM
The most exciting moment of the game was 4 fans running 100 yards down the field in the 2nd quarter.. other than that I was bored out of my mind.

that was some funny **** right there :lmao:

chubluv
08-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Yeah it was. You couldnt stop laughing & I kept taking pictures.