PDA

View Full Version : A positive observation from our first team offense

xXSpIkes5IXx
08-25-2007, 07:21 AM
JP has only been sacked once.

Of course this number is skewed because defense is generally vanilla in the preaseason with hardly any blitz packages, but the offensive line looks very good in pass protection so far.

Run blocking is another story, Marshawn is running hard, theres just nowhere to go.

Hopefully this will improve.

Philagape
08-25-2007, 07:26 AM
agreed. JP had time. Lynch had no room.

ddaryl
08-25-2007, 08:31 AM
We've seen quite a bit of blitzing against the Bills this preseason. There is a definite improvement with the OL and backfield in regards to blitz pickups.

Preston at center is a large reason for our screwed up our run blocking IMO. The Bills need a stud C to finish the OL rebuild, Fowler will be better then Preston but even Fowler can be improved upon.

ParanoidAndroid
08-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Preston is definately a weak link in that O-line.

raphael120
08-25-2007, 11:05 AM
You can give JP all the time in the world but if he does not make the right decisions (He hasnt made many good decisions last game) he will stuggle.

Right now we have a bad run blocking, but a good RB...and good pass blocking, and a badly performing QB.

hydro
08-25-2007, 12:29 PM
You can give JP all the time in the world but if he does not make the right decisions (He hasnt made many good decisions last game) he will stuggle.

Right now we have a bad run blocking, but a good RB...and good pass blocking, and a badly performing QB.

Everyone has always complained about our Offensive line not giving the QB time, and now that they seem to be we still aren't happy...

RockStar36
08-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Right now the offense is horribly plain. It's almost boring to watch. Last night once they opened it up slightly JP went deep twice and we got points on the board both times.

Which brings me to this.

I hated the idea of kicking that field goal. Especially in the pre-season. Horrible.

TigerJ
08-25-2007, 01:55 PM
I thought the difference in productivity between Jackson and Wright was fascinating last night. Wright was OK, but whenever Jackson came in, it was like a switch was turned on. The thing is, It was pretty much the same personnel on both offense and defense when Wright was in and when Jackson was in. I'm not sure what that has to do with Lynch and his relative lack of productivity. Maybe if Jackson plays with the first team offense and against the opponent's first team defense, it will be like running into a brick wall, but maybe not.

I do know that Tennessee likes to stack the box against the run on first and second down a lot. Maybe when the Bills start game planning, the run productivity will straighten itself out.

HAMMER
08-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Right now the offense is horribly plain. It's almost boring to watch. Last night once they opened it up slightly JP went deep twice and we got points on the board both times.

Which brings me to this.

I hated the idea of kicking that field goal. Especially in the pre-season. Horrible.

I don't understand not working on 4th and goal from the two. Do you really need to practice 19 yard field goals?