PDA

View Full Version : Fred Jackson as the #2 Running Back?

blackonyx89
08-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Granted it was against scrubs trying to make the team but you can't help but be impressed by the running of Freddie "Rock Me Tonight" Jackson. LOL! He hits the hole with authority and once he's in the open field,he tough to bring down. Do you think he has a shot to get the #2 RB spot over A-Train?

For some of you who don't know who's the other Freddie Jackson I'm talking about he was popular R&B singer from the 80's who's biggest hit was "Rock Me Tonight".

http://entimg.msn.com/img/prov_ap/200_80/pic200/drP200/P208/p20885li470.jpg

Sort of like Luther Vandross.

Philagape
08-25-2007, 09:46 AM
I'd like to see him run with the first team before anointing him anything. He would have gone nowhere in the first half. But he does have speed and vision.

Ebenezer
08-25-2007, 09:48 AM
Let's see if they keep more than three running backs and if he even makes the team.

ddaryl
08-25-2007, 09:52 AM
He deserves a chance to play with the 1st unit some. Lynch looks good in his efforts, but our 1st unit OL run blocking is struggling. I wouldn't expect Freddie to light it up with the 1st unit, but he has earned the chance to make his statement

chubluv
08-25-2007, 09:54 AM
I'd like to see him run with the first team before anointing him anything. He would have gone nowhere in the first half. But he does have speed and vision.

Didnt we think we had some thing special in a NFL Europe RB a few years back, but once he played with other then 3rd stringers he wasnt that impressive.

Fred Jackson looks explosive, but I dont think he sees time in the starting backfield next week to prove him self.