PDA

View Full Version : Evans is rediculous.

MikeInRoch
08-25-2007, 10:06 AM
I know everyone here knows it - but holy cow.

It looked like to me on that long TD that he slowed up (which also slowed the defender) before the ball got there just so he could accelerate to gain separation. What a great veteran move.

blackonyx89
08-25-2007, 10:09 AM
If only we had a WR that was his equal, this offense would be off the chain!!!

:drool2:

patmoran2006
08-25-2007, 10:11 AM
I think he's one of the best WR's in football. He's got the speed AND the hands and his route running is great as well.

If he played in a bigger market on a better team he'd be talked about like Steve Smith or Marvin Harrison by everyone.

Ingtar33
08-25-2007, 10:15 AM
remember, harrison's first few years no one noticed him despite putting up huge numbers, because he played on a sucky team.

when a team wins people take notice.

LtFinFan66
08-25-2007, 10:18 AM
I agree he is a fine receiver but Pat, Indy and Carolina are not exactly big markets are they??

Night Train
08-25-2007, 10:35 AM

It looked like to me on that long TD that he slowed up (which also slowed the defender) before the ball got there just so he could accelerate to gain separation. What a great veteran move.

He started doing that last year.

He'd better be the next contract extension announced. He's the best player on the team.

TacklingDummy
08-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Evans was our offense last year and it looks like Evans will be our offense this year.

5 out JPs 9 completions were to Evans.

Welcome to last year.

RockStar36
08-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Evans was our offense last year and it looks like Evans will be our offense this year.

5 out JPs 9 completions were to Evans.

Welcome to last year.

If Losman to Evans works, cool. Who cares if it was "last year".

hydro
08-25-2007, 12:27 PM
If Losman to Evans works, cool. Who cares if it was "last year".

You think the defenses we face aren't going to account that we rely soley on him? He will be mobbed with defenders which will require Price, Reed, and company to step up.

John Doe
08-25-2007, 03:13 PM
I was not too pleased when Nall threw a lousy pass that hung Evans out to dry. He had to make a great adjustment to make the catch and then took a vicious hit because of it.

Scary.

!Papacrunk!
08-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Which is it--Evans makes Losman's play a lot better or Losman makes Evans' play a lot better? IMO I'm going to say that Evans makes Losman play look a lot better. Wasn't the popular arguement against Culpepper was that he threw the ball downfield and hoped Moss would take it to the house?

TigerJ
08-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Evans has the speed to get deep. Losman has the arm to get it to him. Evans would still be a good receiver if he played for the Jets, but he'd have to do things differently because Chad Pennington is not going to put the ball in the air 70 yards to get it to him deep like that. If Evans didn't have speed to burn, it would take away from Losman the thing he does probably better than anything else. They compliment each other.

TacklingDummy
08-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Which is it--Evans makes Losman's play a lot better or Losman makes Evans' play a lot better?

It's Evans.

Dr. Lecter
08-25-2007, 05:51 PM
It's Evans.

JP's ability to throw long helps as well.

A guy like Holcomb, or even Young, would not fit Evans homerun ability as much.

Wys Guy
08-25-2007, 08:31 PM
He is rediculous!

I don't know what on earth I was thinking predicting that he'll set team records for receiving this year. What was I thinking.

Instead of that he should have a fantastic season!

Rediculous indeed.

PECKERWOOD
08-25-2007, 09:31 PM
JP's ability to throw long helps as well.

A guy like Holcomb, or even Young, would not fit Evans homerun ability as much.

Exactly right.

Losman to Evans is a great combination. What the hell is wrong with people here lately? Losman = Strong arm, Evans = Elite speed burner. Perfect match!

realdealryan
08-25-2007, 09:37 PM

The corner's back was to the ball and Lee suckered him into thinking he was coming back to an underthrown pass....it was awesome. Accelerate and catch and touchdown. End of story. I hope we can convince him to stay here forever...