PDA

View Full Version : Psychological Profile JP vs. Trent

blackonyx89
08-25-2007, 11:42 AM
I keep noticing that when JP is pressured he panics and makes ill advised decisions. Whenever Trent under pressure, he doesn't panic but he not as on edge like JP. I like JP because he's flashier,I just wish he would calm down. It doesn't help when he's got a soft O-Line so far and I pray that fix that in a hurry!!!

JP's still THE MAN!!!

:love:

hydro
08-25-2007, 12:32 PM
I thought the general concensus was that our line is pass blocking well this year so far?

blackonyx89
08-25-2007, 12:41 PM
I thought the general concensus was that our line is pass blocking well this year so far?

They're getting JP knocked around back there too much.

TigerJ
08-25-2007, 01:45 PM
JP was off the mark several times yesterday, which made me wonder if he has started doing some of he things again that SChonert worked hard to correct last season.

While I like a lot of the things that Trent Edwards does, I found myself wondering if maybe he has a little too much Holcomb in him. By that I mean, he almost never seems to pass the ball to the first read. It's almost always the dump off guy. At the end of the game, with time running out, he ate the ball because he knew I presume that his dumpoff receiver couldn't make the first down. Did he not make the pass because he was afraid to pass to a guy who was well covered? There are situations where you do have to take a chance. I'm not down on him. I think he has a world of potential. I just wonder if that's a tendency the Bills will need to work on.

Yasgur's Farm
08-25-2007, 03:45 PM
Last years schooling was to have JP drop back to the X and not leave that spot. That was when he was attempting like 12 passes for 84 yards.

I thought the tactic was brilliant and sped up his reads quite a bit... The results were evident as he responded when the shackles were removed.

I've got to believe that it's "lesson learned".

Risin
08-25-2007, 04:12 PM
I keep noticing that when JP is pressured he panics and makes ill advised decisions. Whenever Trent under pressure, he doesn't panic but he not as on edge like JP. I like JP because he's flashier,I just wish he would calm down. It doesn't help when he's got a soft O-Line so far and I pray that fix that in a hurry!!!

JP's still THE MAN!!!

:love:

Trent was hardly pressured last night.

He played against 3rd stringers and camp fodder, who played mostly soft zone coverage.

The only play I remember them throwing a blitz at him, he was sacked on 4th down.

He looks great for a rookie, and great for a 3rd stringer.

Nothing more.

Time will tell, but it's obvious which of our QB's has the tools to be a franchise quarterback.

Hint: it isn't number 5 or 16.