PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand why some people get so worked up

RockStar36
08-25-2007, 12:41 PM
It's pre-season. It is what it is. The games don't count. It's a time to work out all the bugs and fine tune things for the regular season.

Take a deep breath guys. Relax. The ride begins in September.

ddaryl
08-25-2007, 12:48 PM
I think your taking the opposite extreme. There are definite concerns and this team is by no means a playoff contender from what we've seen in pre-season.

There are things to discuss and debate.

RockStar36
08-25-2007, 12:54 PM
I guess I'm referring to the multiple people/phone calls I was getting during the game last night with other people absolutely flipping out. I started to get real pissed about it. My friends/family were acting like it was a playoff game last night. Once they actually open the offense up and get all the starters set, I think we'll be alright.

hydro
08-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Whats good about this 'vanilla' play calling and light gameplanning we have going on in the preseason is we can see how much the coaching can affect the way we play. If our gamplaning and more complex plays don't make us look any better we know there are problems with the coaching descisions.

shelby
08-25-2007, 01:08 PM
i hate the word vanilla. Can't anyone just say "basic" instead?

It is what it is, RS, people will overlook the good and focus on the bad, or overlook the bad and focus on the good. Whether it's the draft, minicamp, preseason, or the regular season. Welcome to the wonderful world of Buffalo Bills football.

Elminster
08-25-2007, 01:49 PM
I don't really care. Last year, the Raiders went unbeaten in the pre-season(IIRC) and the Colts went 1-3. And I'm sure there're opposite cases as well. It's not a very good gauge, in other words. If they come out and look like the pre-season against Denver week 1, THEN I'll be worried. But not before.

HAMMER
08-25-2007, 02:11 PM

It is what it is, RS, people will overlook the good and focus on the bad, or overlook the bad and focus on the good. Whether it's the draft, minicamp, preseason, or the regular season. Welcome to the wonderful world of Buffalo Bills football.

I like to maintain the optimistic attitude but this team has not executed on either side of the ball in any aspect. Preseason or not, you need to be able to block and tackle to succeed. It being preseason and vanilla is nothing but an excuse, plain and simple. I am not throwing in the towel by any means but if this team doesn't drastically pick it up right now they will find themselves in a big hole very quickly.

El Guapo
08-25-2007, 04:51 PM
It's not about the win-loss record. There are legitimate concerns for even a vanilla (OK,OK, basic) offense/defense. I am worried. Not hitting the panic button yet, but there are some concerns worth talking about.

Just a couple of more weeks until the W-L record matters, and it's not an easy opening few weeks for us.

TacklingDummy
08-25-2007, 10:50 PM
Go Bills.

PECKERWOOD
08-25-2007, 10:53 PM

i hate the word vanilla.

don't be racist shelby.

Ebenezer
08-25-2007, 10:56 PM
call me after game 4.