PDA

View Full Version : "Vanilla"

patmoran2006
08-25-2007, 01:11 PM
has turned into the word of the month/latest homer excuse to cover up how horrid this team looks right now.

Yes.. Its preseason.. Yes, we're not opening up our playbook.

But ya know what, it doesnt matter if its Week 10 or a scrimmage, we aren't executing even the "vanilla" **** for anything.

And when your defense gets knocked around all over the place and your OL can barely block a soul, it's not "vanilla". Its called our interior lines are getting PUNKED OFF

shelby
08-25-2007, 01:12 PM
From now on, anyone who uses the term "vanilla" will be negged.

That being said....relax and wait until week 1 before you start *****ing. Let the coaches and the players do their jobs.

SABURZFAN
08-25-2007, 01:14 PM
From now on, anyone who uses the term "vanilla" will be negged.

i could go for some vanilla def......er.......ice cream right now. :couch:

patmoran2006
08-25-2007, 01:14 PM
You can't cover up weak line play...

However, I think McCargo can give the DL hope.

Carlton Bailey
08-25-2007, 01:15 PM
It's funny how people use "vanilla" as an excuse for why the team has been terrible so far. If people want to use that, I can turn around and say, "OK, well if things are so vanilla, why can't they even execute that? It's supposed to be rudimentary, right?"

shelby
08-25-2007, 01:16 PM
Don't y'all think that Jauron is going to be chewing their asses all week? He wasn't happy with their performance.

SAB, get in the kitchen and make me a sammich.
;)

GreedoII
08-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Stupid thread...

close this dumb post

Philagape
08-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Don't y'all think that Jauron is going to be chewing their asses all week? He wasn't happy with their performance.

He might actually say "darn it." Then you'll know he's really mad.

HAMMER
08-25-2007, 02:04 PM

;)

The question is can an ass chewing turn this soft looking team into a tiger, don't hold your breath. I am not liking what I see so far, at all.

SABURZFAN
08-25-2007, 02:07 PM
;)

that's what you have a hubby for.crack the whip on Terry. :up:

Ickybaluky
08-25-2007, 08:17 PM
The thing is, neither team is gameplanning, so you would think it would cancel out.

That said, preseason is not a good indicator of regular season play. Historically, it just isn't. You can use it to judge individual talent sometimes, but not team play. It really doesn't mean anything.

Wys Guy
08-25-2007, 08:25 PM
has turned into the word of the month/latest homer excuse to cover up how horrid this team looks right now.

But ya know what, it doesnt matter if its Week 10 or a scrimmage, we aren't executing even the "vanilla" **** for anything.

And when your defense gets knocked around all over the place and your OL can barely block a soul, it's not "vanilla". Its called our interior lines are getting PUNKED OFF

Come on Pat!

It's all part of a plan, and you know it.

Marv has clearly proven anyone that questioned his signing as a bad one completely wrong. Just look at all the starters already that this year's draft has produced.

We couldn't be asking anymore from McCargo or Youboty. Simpson almost had great coverage on that one passing TD. Ellison almost made a bunch of tackles after having his arms around players.

If you can't see how great this team is, then you're just blind my friend.

Who else is with me!

Mad Bomber
08-25-2007, 08:32 PM

Pat, please :stfu:

Yes, it's true that the gameplan has been, for lack of a better term, "vanilla".

I personally don't care about that. Not one bit. It's PRESEASON. "Vanilla" is the flavor of the day.

So stop your *****ing about the "homers".

I totally agree with you about our lack of execution. The thing that bothers me about the Bills is that they are not playing good, solid fundamental football....tackling, blocking, etc. If that doesn't change, it's going to be a looooooooong season.

But PLEASE stop the diatribes against "homers".

I've been reading the posts on this board and pretty much keeping to myself by not getting involved in the ENDLESS PISSING MATCHES that have made this board pretty freakin' tedious over the past months...

This is getting REAL old though...

[/rant]

jmb1099
08-25-2007, 09:07 PM
The thing is, neither team is gameplanning, so you would think it would cancel out.

That said, preseason is not a good indicator of regular season play. Historically, it just isn't. You can use it to judge individual talent sometimes, but not team play. It really doesn't mean anything.
Thank you for providing a voice of reason

DMBcrew36
08-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Nobody should be concerned yet, other than maybe for our run defense.

TacklingDummy
08-25-2007, 10:55 PM
Go Bills.

patmoran2006
08-26-2007, 12:50 AM
Its not about the record.. I dont care if they went 0-4.

But this defense, when the starters are in. Is EMBARASSING. They CANNOT tackle and there is nothing "vanilla" about that.

PECKERWOOD
08-26-2007, 09:19 AM
vanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanillavanilla vanilla

Meathead
08-26-2007, 11:55 AM
http://www.browniepointsblog.com/wordpress/wp-images/2006/11/vanilla_cup.jpg

Meathead
08-26-2007, 11:56 AM
http://www.pennmac.com/images/2695

Meathead
08-26-2007, 11:56 AM
http://shazam.g3d.com/blog/wp-content/vanillaice.jpg

Meathead
08-26-2007, 11:57 AM
http://prawfsblawg.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/millivanilli1.jpg