• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

"Vanilla"

has turned into the word of the month/latest homer excuse to cover up how horrid this team looks right now.

Yes.. Its preseason.. Yes, we're not opening up our playbook.

But ya know what, it doesnt matter if its Week 10 or a scrimmage, we aren't executing even the "vanilla" **** for anything.

And when your defense gets knocked around all over the place and your OL can barely block a soul, it's not "vanilla". Its called our interior lines are getting PUNKED OFF

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Re: "Vanilla"

From now on, anyone who uses the term "vanilla" will be negged.

That being said....relax and wait until week 1 before you start *****ing. Let the coaches and the players do their jobs.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby
      From now on, anyone who uses the term "vanilla" will be negged.

i could go for some vanilla def......er.......ice cream right now.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

You can't cover up weak line play...

However, I think McCargo can give the DL hope.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

It's funny how people use "vanilla" as an excuse for why the team has been terrible so far. If people want to use that, I can turn around and say, "OK, well if things are so vanilla, why can't they even execute that? It's supposed to be rudimentary, right?"

Comment

• shelby
            The Vanilla *****
            • Jul 2002

Don't y'all think that Jauron is going to be chewing their asses all week? He wasn't happy with their performance.

SAB, get in the kitchen and make me a sammich.

Comment

• GreedoII
              • Aug 2007

Stupid thread...

close this dumb post

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

Don't y'all think that Jauron is going to be chewing their asses all week? He wasn't happy with their performance.
                He might actually say "darn it." Then you'll know he's really mad.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• HAMMER
                  I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                  • Jul 2003

The question is can an ass chewing turn this soft looking team into a tiger, don't hold your breath. I am not liking what I see so far, at all.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

that's what you have a hubby for.crack the whip on Terry.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

The thing is, neither team is gameplanning, so you would think it would cancel out.

That said, preseason is not a good indicator of regular season play. Historically, it just isn't. You can use it to judge individual talent sometimes, but not team play. It really doesn't mean anything.

Comment

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        has turned into the word of the month/latest homer excuse to cover up how horrid this team looks right now.

But ya know what, it doesnt matter if its Week 10 or a scrimmage, we aren't executing even the "vanilla" **** for anything.

And when your defense gets knocked around all over the place and your OL can barely block a soul, it's not "vanilla". Its called our interior lines are getting PUNKED OFF
                        Come on Pat!

It's all part of a plan, and you know it.

Marv has clearly proven anyone that questioned his signing as a bad one completely wrong. Just look at all the starters already that this year's draft has produced.

We couldn't be asking anymore from McCargo or Youboty. Simpson almost had great coverage on that one passing TD. Ellison almost made a bunch of tackles after having his arms around players.

If you can't see how great this team is, then you're just blind my friend.

Who else is with me!

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

Pat, please :stfu:

Yes, it's true that the gameplan has been, for lack of a better term, "vanilla".

I personally don't care about that. Not one bit. It's PRESEASON. "Vanilla" is the flavor of the day.

So stop your *****ing about the "homers".

I totally agree with you about our lack of execution. The thing that bothers me about the Bills is that they are not playing good, solid fundamental football....tackling, blocking, etc. If that doesn't change, it's going to be a looooooooong season.

But PLEASE stop the diatribes against "homers".

I've been reading the posts on this board and pretty much keeping to myself by not getting involved in the ENDLESS PISSING MATCHES that have made this board pretty freakin' tedious over the past months...

This is getting REAL old though...

[/rant]

Comment

• jmb1099
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by NE39
                            The thing is, neither team is gameplanning, so you would think it would cancel out.

That said, preseason is not a good indicator of regular season play. Historically, it just isn't. You can use it to judge individual talent sometimes, but not team play. It really doesn't mean anything.
                            Thank you for providing a voice of reason

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                              • Feb 2005

Nobody should be concerned yet, other than maybe for our run defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X