• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

much-needed salary cap room????

Why has the media reports about the Centers/Robinson cuts been saying that the reason behind them are for "Cap Relief".

"The Buffalo Bills on Thursday released two longtime NFL veterans, gaining much-needed salary cap room with the transactions, but parting ways with a pair of high-character performers, ESPN's Len Pasquarelli reported Thursday."

Also Linda Cohen reported that the two were "Cap Casulties"

Do they just not know that we are like 8 million under the cap...
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

There's NEVER enough money venis. NEVER.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Because most reports have no clue. Cap casualties has become a general term to include any veteran that makes too much money.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I'm not worried about the Bills cap situation.

Comment

• Wys Guy
          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
          • Jul 2002

I don't think anyone is anymore.

Good point Eb. Just a way of saying "it's business."

But cutting Robinson was addition by subtraction. He'd have been a good 3rd string LB but was getting way too much for that. I'm surprised it took this long.

Maybe the Bills are getting ready to make a trade offer or sign some other big player. I wouldn't know who. Maybe an RFA.

Maybe an RFA DT? Maybe they figure that as long as we're gonna have to pay huge bucks to Adams, we may as well pay the same bucks to an RFA even if it does cost us a draft pick.

IDK which RFA DTs are available though that might be considered.

Then again, probably just a housecleaning cut. I do think that losing Centers is gonna hurt Drew though.
          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• BillsNYC
            Man of the People
            • Jul 2002

its so nice to see wys so positive again!
            Thank you.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Comment

• LABillsFan
                • Aug 2002

Maybe TD is working on an extention for Winfield. He's in the last year of his contract and as long as TD has an extra 2mil he could use some of that for a signing bonus.
                I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• itsandthings
                  • Sep 2002

Maybe an RFA DT?

Perhaps Jermaine Haley? Haley has been a decent run-stuffing DT used in a rotation last year and would only require a 7th round pick as compensation. Plus, it would weaken a division opponent. He is 30 years old, as he played in Canada before joining the Dolphins.

Drew Rosenhaus, Haley's agent, said in the Miami papers this week he expects to receive offers on 2 of his RFA from Miami, Haley and S Arturo Freeman. Of course, Rosenhaus is a compulsive liar.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                    • Jul 2002

LMAO

IDK, but it'd be a double whammy if we could get a player and take a player from an opponent.

Is Haley a good full-time player? We certainly don't need anymore platooners.
                    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

yeah.. no more platooners please.. we already have enough at DE and DT!
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                      X