PDA

View Full Version : Positive thread

Scumbag College
08-25-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm gettin a little bummed out reading all the negative threads here. Although the Bills didn't look very hot last night and the negativity is probably deserved, I saw some positives from the game. I'm not putting my head in the sand by listing the positives, but I saw some things I liked.

1. Peerless Price finally showed up. I know he was a captain last night, and I think he stepped up and made some big plays. Maybe the coaches lit a fire under his ass or he realized he might have been on the bubble for being cut.

2. JP throws one of the best, if not the very best, deep balls in the league.

3. The pass protection was pretty decent last night. JP got hit hard once, but only after standing in the pocket for a while. The shot he took in the leg in the end zone the OL couldn't do anything about.

4. Roscoe Parrish could be the second most explosive punt returner in the league behind Devin Hester. I don't care about the penalty.

5. Despite playing against Tennessee's camp fodder, Fred Jackson looked like a man amongst boys.

6. Watching the first string DTs, I noticed that they got very good penetration on many run plays. I really noticed Tripplett and McCargo getting into the backfield often. McCargo might be the most improved player from the first preseason game to the third. Also, Kyle Williams had a very good game. He would have sacked any other QB in the league besides VY on third and goal in the second quarter. He was also around the ball often on run plays.

7. Coy Wire will push for Ellison's starting spot, if not win it outright. Another hell of a game from him.

8. Greer continues to improve and had another nice game last night.

I know it might seem ultra optomistic or like I'm a homer, but last night wasn't a complete failure. JP made some crappy short to intermediate throws, the run blocking and Lynch were almost non-existant last night, the tackling was rotten at times, etc., etc. I won't use the V word for the gameplan, or lack there of, but I think some players individually and as a unit weren't as terrible as we might think.

SABURZFAN
08-25-2007, 03:11 PM
call me a homer but i'm on the Fred Jackson bandwagon. :nerd:

lordofgun
08-25-2007, 03:14 PM
I actually didn't think the first half was terrible. If not for the called back Parrish TD, we go into the half leading. I think we'll be fine!!

shelby
08-25-2007, 05:14 PM
i love hearing anything positive about Coy Wire!
:gobills:

:love:

baalworship
08-25-2007, 07:26 PM
John McCargo has definitely picked up his game.

G. Host
08-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Even Anderson blocked a pass. Not bad game just incomplete.

Personally I think they should stop planning on not planning so much.

Wys Guy
08-25-2007, 08:16 PM
I saw numerous players that won't be on the team on Wednesday make really good tackles.

PECKERWOOD
08-25-2007, 09:58 PM
I saw numerous players that won't be on the team on Wednesday make really good tackles.

Seriously.. How tall are you?

justasportsfan
08-25-2007, 10:15 PM
blah, missed tackles. That can be fixed. At least most of our players were at the right place :homer:

PECKERWOOD
08-25-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm gettin a little bummed out reading all the negative threads here. Although the Bills didn't look very hot last night and the negativity is probably deserved, I saw some positives from the game. I'm not putting my head in the sand by listing the positives, but I saw some things I liked.

1. Peerless Price finally showed up. I know he was a captain last night, and I think he stepped up and made some big plays. Maybe the coaches lit a fire under his ass or he realized he might have been on the bubble for being cut.

2. JP throws one of the best, if not the very best, deep balls in the league.

3. The pass protection was pretty decent last night. JP got hit hard once, but only after standing in the pocket for a while. The shot he took in the leg in the end zone the OL couldn't do anything about.

4. Roscoe Parrish could be the second most explosive punt returner in the league behind Devin Hester. I don't care about the penalty.

5. Despite playing against Tennessee's camp fodder, Fred Jackson looked like a man amongst boys.

6. Watching the first string DTs, I noticed that they got very good penetration on many run plays. I really noticed Tripplett and McCargo getting into the backfield often. McCargo might be the most improved player from the first preseason game to the third. Also, Kyle Williams had a very good game. He would have sacked any other QB in the league besides VY on third and goal in the second quarter. He was also around the ball often on run plays.

7. Coy Wire will push for Ellison's starting spot, if not win it outright. Another hell of a game from him.

8. Greer continues to improve and had another nice game last night.

I know it might seem ultra optomistic or like I'm a homer, but last night wasn't a complete failure. JP made some crappy short to intermediate throws, the run blocking and Lynch were almost non-existant last night, the tackling was rotten at times, etc., etc. I won't use the V word for the gameplan, or lack there of, but I think some players individually and as a unit weren't as terrible as we might think.

bravo bravo

Cntrygal
08-26-2007, 11:38 PM

Thank you!!!

mybills
08-27-2007, 07:45 AM
JP got hit hard once, but only after standing in the pocket for a while. The shot he took in the leg in the end zone
I couldn't believe they threw a flag on that, then took it back. That was a late hit, and QB's are supposed to be protected by rules like that. It doesn't even matter that it was our QB, I wouldn't even want that to happen any other QB. :cynic:

btw, great post! :bf1:

madness
08-27-2007, 09:17 AM
call me a homer but i'm on the Fred Jackson bandwagon. :nerd:

Me too. Playing against scrubs or not, he's a more polished runner then Lynch at this point.

YardRat
08-27-2007, 02:22 PM
I'm really looking forward to what Lynch will bring to the table once the games actually mean something.

raphael120
08-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Positive Bills performance overall = Positive Bills Discussion

Negative Bills perfomance overall = Negative Bills Discussion

The negativity doesn't come from no where, it comes directly from Bills play.

10 bucks says if the Bills play decent next week and can actually TACKLE, you'll see more positive things commented on. But after the past few weeks and see that all the training and practice has manifested into week 3 crap fest which is supposively the closest game in preseason that resembles a real game, its hard not to look at it and hold your breath when it comes to confidence in our team.

It's like someone saying oh it's sunny outside, guys! When everyone who has eyes sees its been raining for the past 7 years. Sure, the sun may come out soon, but so far this season...it's lookin pretty damn cloudy again.