PDA

View Full Version : It's really hard to understand why...

lordofgun
08-25-2007, 03:18 PM
...no one can tackle Vince Young. It's amazing. Someone from the defense will have both his feet wrapped up and he just pulls his feet out of their grasp and keeps going. Weird.

Yasgur's Farm
08-25-2007, 03:40 PM
You're right... He makes a nice RB... But his passing skills ranked on average around 30th last season.

Michael82
08-25-2007, 03:58 PM
You're right... He makes a nice RB... But his passing skills ranked on average around 30th last season.
So in other words....he's ANOTHER Michael Vick! :::

Philagape
08-25-2007, 04:05 PM
He leads his team to wins. That's all that matters.

Michael82
08-25-2007, 04:13 PM
He leads his team to wins. That's all that matters.
:rofl:

Novacane
08-25-2007, 04:14 PM
So in other words....he's ANOTHER Michael Vick! :::

Hide the dogs

Philagape
08-25-2007, 04:18 PM
On Sunday November 26, 2006 Vince Young led his first NFL fourth-quarter comeback, against the New York Giants. With the Giants leading 21-0, the tide suddenly changed after New York quarterback Eli Manning threw an interception to Adam "Pacman" Jones. Young subsequently led a scoring drive, throwing a touchdown pass to ex-Longhorn teammate Bo Scaife. After the Titans forced a three-and-out, Young ran an option play for a touchdown on the next drive. Another successful stop led to Young throwing his second touchdown of the quarter. After another Eli Manning interception to Pacman Jones, this time with only 30 seconds left in the game, Young calmly led his team down the field for Rob Bironas' game-winning field goal; the final score was 24-21 over the Giants. It is statistically the best performance of Vince Young's NFL career: he went 24/35 for 249 yards and two touchdowns, with a 107.9 passer rating. He also rushed 10 times for 69 yards and a touchdown. This win was the largest fourth-quarter comeback in the Titans franchise history, the largest fourth-quarter comeback by a rookie quarterback, and the largest comeback with under ten minutes left in a game in NFL history.

A week later, Young led another come-from-behind victory over the Indianapolis Colts who, prior to the game, held a 10-1 record. Rob Bironas iced the game with a 60-yard field goal. The 14-point comeback marked the first time in NFL history that a rookie quarterback led two 14+ point comebacks in the same season. The following week, Young capped off a Houston homecoming by running for a 39-yard game-winning touchdown in overtime to defeat the Texans by a score of 26-20.

On Sunday December 24, 2006, Vince Young led yet another come-from-behind victory over the Buffalo Bills who, along with the Titans, had a 7-7 record and were competing for a AFC wild card playoff spot. This time the comeback was from 9 points down after Rian Lindell kicked a 24-yard field goal at the end of the 3rd quarter to make the score 29-20 in favor of the Bills. Young then led the Titans on a 9-play, 62-yard drive that spanned 4:16 and ended with a 29-yard touchdown pass to Brandon Jones to make the score 27-29. After a three and out by the Buffalo Bills, Young again led his team on a 7:15, 14-play scoring drive that culminated in a 30-yard field goal by Rob Bironas, putting the Titans on top 30-29. Bironas' kick would prove to be the winning points. Young ended the day going 13-of-20 for 183 yards, two touchdowns, and no interceptions, with a rating of 127.7. He also rushed 8 times for 61 yards and 1 touchdown.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Young

Dr. Lecter
08-25-2007, 04:32 PM
He is nothing like Vick. He is a better passer and a stronger runner.

El Guapo
08-25-2007, 04:41 PM
He scares me. We'll see what he does this year.

Mr. Pink
08-25-2007, 04:44 PM
VY reminds me of Culpepper, before Daunte got hurt.

Strong Arm, decent accuracy, tough to bring down runner.

While Vick was just a strong armed, no accuracy, fast guy.

capitolneal
08-25-2007, 05:28 PM
Living here in Austin I seen him every Saturday he is the REAL DEAL just relook at the USC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME he willed them to win this guy just has that winner make-up and he is gonna win a championship in the NFL he has in college and in HS, he is just a warrior

G. Host
08-25-2007, 05:57 PM

Exactly what I thought when I saw hom play.

Typ0
08-25-2007, 07:58 PM
I hope you weren't judging this from our game...because we couldn't tackle anyone.

Crisis
08-25-2007, 08:15 PM
They're just holding out and being vanilla.

Everything's going to be fine on opening day as we skate to a 12-4 record.

Ya gotta BILL-ieve!

Don't be so pessimistic. Can't you find anything good to report.

Some of you people around here just aren't channeling useful energy that the team can use. Your derogatory comments are gonna cost us games.

Just remember, as long as we all BILL-ieve in unison, nothing can prevent us from winning the division, taking the AFC Championship, and then winning the Super Bowl.

We have the talent!

No, let's get our panties in a bunch over something we have no control over.

PECKERWOOD
08-25-2007, 09:56 PM

Culpeppers strength and Vicks everything else but unlike Vick and Pep he has unbelievable poise and great decision making abilities as well.

justasportsfan
08-25-2007, 10:23 PM
that can be fixed. On the flipside, at least our players were swarming ,just not finishing. :ill: