PDA

View Full Version : LYNCH, after watching highlites on bb.com

im4bflo
08-25-2007, 05:44 PM
It looked like he was getting tackled from behind, from guys in our backfield, which is a blocking problem, so his stats aren't really his fault.
Is that how any of you see it?

TigerJ
08-25-2007, 05:59 PM
I think that is at least part of the problem.

Tatonka
08-25-2007, 06:54 PM
there were 2 runs that went for no gain that he had a cut back lane big enough for a truck to drive through.. the announcer commented on the fact that because he is a rookie, he is probably running exactly where the tell him to and not improvising right now, but he will..

i hope it happens soon.. because if he doesnt have a big season, we are going to struggle.. him and posloszny.

Mad Bomber
08-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Face it. He's a bust.

:D

Wys Guy
08-25-2007, 08:18 PM
It looked like he was getting tackled from behind, from guys in our backfield, which is a blocking problem, so his stats aren't really his fault.
Is that how any of you see it?

Oh no, Dockery, Langston Walker, Preston are all the bomb. We already know that Fowler and Peters are Pro Bowl material.

Our line looked great. Lynch had a great game.

What are you talking about!

Honestly, some of you just can't see the successes that we have. Particularly the important ones.

jmb1099
08-25-2007, 09:11 PM
there were 2 runs that went for no gain that he had a cut back lane big enough for a truck to drive through.. the announcer commented on the fact that because he is a rookie, he is probably running exactly where the tell him to and not improvising right now, but he will..

i hope it happens soon.. because if he doesnt have a big season, we are going to struggle.. him and posloszny.
Exactly.

henrybacker
08-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Lynch had a great game.

????

PECKERWOOD
08-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Lynch had a great game.

????

.....lol

LtBillsFan66
08-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Lynch had a great game.

????

Travis Henry:
1) Wets his bed.
2) Bangs 13 year old chicks.
3) Violates the NFL substance abuse policy.

Real winner you are backing.

PECKERWOOD
08-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Travis Henry:
1) Wets his bed.

plus he looks and talks alot like Mike Tyson, with a lisp.

socalfan
08-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Yeah...He gets hit a lot from the side in the backfield. All I can say is please, please mr fairchild waive rob royal before he gets marshawn killed.

im4bflo
08-26-2007, 01:33 AM
Ton's of talent, no experience.
With Lynch so important, do you give him all the snaps you can, or save him for the real games?

patmoran2006
08-26-2007, 01:54 AM
Travis Henry:
1) Wets his bed.

4- The way this defense is looking, may go for 100 in the first quarter on opening day.

Carlton Bailey
08-26-2007, 02:05 AM
4- The way this defense is looking, may go for 100 in the first quarter on opening day.

5 - Plays nearly half of a season with a broken leg.

6 - Last Bills RB to make a Pro Bowl.

7 - Gave everything he had as a Bill.

People who bash Henry really piss me off.

Jaybird
08-26-2007, 02:41 AM
its pre season boys!!!!!!!!

i played football for many year, trust me it doesnt count and u cand judge a player. Also the offensive calls havent been what your gonna see come regular season. Lets hope lynch is the real deal, if not we'll have a high draft pick

duhbilz
08-26-2007, 07:58 AM
Oh no, Dockery, Langston Walker, Preston are all the bomb. We already know that Fowler and Peters are Pro Bowl material.

Our line looked great. Lynch had a great game.

What are you talking about!

Honestly, some of you just can't see the successes that we have. Particularly the important ones.

Hence the name, Wys Guy!

Oaf
08-26-2007, 03:48 PM

Ditto bro. If we would have just held on to him, we would have saved ourselves TWO first rounds picks. Think about it... Since he has left, till now, has it been worth it? Not to mention his consistent production in Tenn and now likely Denver, the land of the 1000-yd back.

PECKERWOOD
08-26-2007, 07:43 PM

Argh!! Like a pirate, matey!

Oaf
08-29-2007, 09:29 PM
Henry had a heart of a champ, McGahee, that of a chump.
Henry is one of the few players not on the Bills that I still pull for.

PECKERWOOD
08-29-2007, 10:44 PM
I notice that Lynch slipped a bunch as well. I've been watching the replay on NFL Network. Our OL actually opened up some holes on the left side, large enough for him to run to daylight he just slipped and got caught up in his own feet. I expect him to explode sooner or later, just a slight learning curve.

BillsFever21
08-30-2007, 03:56 AM
Yeah...He gets hit a lot from the side in the backfield. All I can say is please, please mr fairchild waive rob royal before he gets marshawn killed.

I thought all the homers trying to make him out as a good signing said he was one of the best run blocking TE's to step on an NFL field on Sunday? :homer: Doh!

Wys Guy
08-30-2007, 05:41 AM
Face it. He's a bust.

:D

LOL

Seriously though, he does do quite a few fundamental things very well, but many have expectations of him that he simply did not meet in college. This "home run" ability that we've heard of does not really exist. He rarely ran the ball more than 20-some yards for a TD and when he did it was vs. a very weak defensive opponent.

Blocking is obviously key, but many here seem to think that should all be "fixed" now w/ Dockery and Walker signed. So anyone not happy there needs to begin the finger-pointing at McNally, Jauron, and Levy.

Lynch hits the holes quickly and efficiently which McGahee never did. He has excellent hands. But he usually goes down on first contact and at times will get caught from behind once he breaks past the line-of-scrimmage. Anyone that did a detailed analysis/study from him in college will have seen that.

He should be good, but he won't be Barry Sanders. Don't expect too many long TD runs from him. If our line doesn't shape up to an extent that I'm not sure it's even possible at this point given the horridness of its play, then he's in for a long season.

Either way, Lynch won't be the problem for what's about to happen to this team's offense. On the flip side, he also won't prove to be "the Lee Evans of RBs" either providing enormous differences in a vacuum of talent and performance that exists otherwise.

Having said all that, he'll probably never do much more than post very average stats on this team given its poor management and terrible player assessments in correcting line issues.

Wys Guy
08-30-2007, 05:45 AM

8. Actually had talent unlike so many other current Bills' players, and the biggest signings of the Levy era.

Great comeback!!

We should never have released Henry. But hey, those that get paid millions know better and can make the most asinine moves with many applauding it. It's a good thing that Bills' GMs are not elected by the fans. Although Donadope pulled the wool over many fans' eyes for a lot longer than I thought he would be able to get away with.

It's the same thing now for those hanging onto the Levy era for reasons of nostalgia. If Levy weren't "Levy," he'd be getting laughed at now.