PDA

View Full Version : My observations from the game replay

G. Host
08-25-2007, 05:51 PM
I have avoided articles and such so I could watch the game without outside input this afternoon.

My observations of mostly players since you rarely get a good view on TV. I think there would be a market for an enhanced package which showed more than the standard game film - opposing teams already get it from their scouts so why not make additonal revenue for NFL and sell games with multiple camera views?

There are in sequence from mostly the first half; I did not record time or even score at the time of play. I rarely watch entire preseason game even when I go.

1st half observations:

Good block by Anderson getting his hands up
Nice Reed catch
Good solid tackle by Crowel
Two penalities on Defense turned down because play was better
One oenalty on Defense turned down - this is becoming a bad pattern
Good knock out of ball by Schobel
What is that green dot on Losman's helmet? Not on other players' helmets.
Two beautiful catches by Price - why hasn't he been catching earlier in preseason?
Bogus non-call by Zebras on JP's knockdown. Why didn't the line pick up JP after that knockdown? Could have resulted in making next play in time.
Nice hit by Reed on block on carry
Good run by JP
Duke Preston is *NOT* a center
Wendling made a great tackle - just what we need on special teams
Coy Wire played well in coverage on FullBack
More good run blocking by Reed
Parish is playing well as WR
Good cannon for JP on long throws
I think these were from 2nd half:

Why are announcers calling McCargo (#97) Ryan Denney - haven't they heard he was out?
Great tackle by Wire
Reed is catching with his hands not his body
I basically gave up due to not liking announcers and it being 2nd half.

Overall:

Bills appeared to be playing a lot more vanilla than Titans.
The Bills OL could handle the rush when they did not do blitizes and stunts but when they brought extra men the protection broke down which means it is the RBs/TEs respobsibility.
Bills OL could not get any push on 1st down.
Defense appeared to be too much bend and not enough break, When they clamped down they got 3 and outs.
Special teams were sporadic and needed more discipline. Denney is missed on it and somebody needs to step up and take his place.

Tatonka
08-25-2007, 05:55 PM
the green sticker on jp's helmet indicates that he has comminication set up in his helmet. just an fyi.

TigerJ
08-25-2007, 05:57 PM
The green dot: The league rules limit teams to having only one player on the field at a time with a radio equipped helmet. In and effort to avoid cheating, the league mandates that radio equipped helmets have the green dot. I don't know if there is a defensive player with a green dot (radio) helmet or not. I think if you look closely, you will find Edwards and Nall had gree dot helmets when they were in too, as did Young and Kelly.

DraftBoy
08-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Good overall analysis Ghost, I think for the most part Friday's game left alot to be desired for us all.