PDA

View Full Version : It's time to start talking about JP potentially being a bust.

Typ0
08-25-2007, 06:34 PM
I'm sorry, the kid has a ton of skills and all but he's sure looking like a mental midget to me. Kind of wondering how long the pansy asses are going to baby and coddle him instead of insisting that he put up or hit the road. I haven't written him off but there certainly has to be some consideration that things aren't exactly as we'd like them to be for a qb going into his 4th season. Please, no Jim Kelly comparisons this kid is no Jim Kelly.

If he doesn't look like a complete stud by midseason it's time to cut our losses and move on.

LtBillsFan66
08-25-2007, 06:36 PM
That's what Edwards is for.

SABURZFAN
08-25-2007, 06:43 PM
you gotta BILL-ieve. :up:

TacklingDummy
08-25-2007, 06:45 PM
I'm sorry, the kid has a ton of skills and all but he's sure looking like a mental midget to me. Kind of wondering how long the pansy asses are going to baby and coddle him instead of insisting that he put up or hit the road. I haven't written him off but there certainly has to be some consideration that things aren't exactly as we'd like them to be for a qb going into his 4th season. Please, no Jim Kelly comparisons this kid is no Jim Kelly.

If he doesn't look like a complete stud by midseason it's time to cut our losses and move on.

Don't be too harsh on the kid. The Bills o-line sucks, the weather was bad, Lee Evans is his only target, Mike Mularkey screwed JP his first 2 years, and Mr. 990 yards Willis McGahee didn't help JP out at all, Willis almost got JP killed on that one missed block.

TacklingDummy
08-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Please, no Jim Kelly comparisons this kid is no Jim Kelly.

You're right that JP is no Jim Kelly. JP is more like Steve Young or Brett Favre.

chernobylwraiths
08-25-2007, 06:48 PM
People have been talking about JP being a bust since he threw his first pass to New England's Banta Cain.

What has happened since the end of last year and opening day to get people upset? Is it a couple meaningless preseason games?

Mad Bomber
08-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Yup. JP could be a bust.

He could be an average QB.

He could be a superstar.

Time will tell.

....There. We've talked about it.

Let's talk about it again in a few months, when it actually means something...

acehole
08-25-2007, 07:35 PM
If you want a reaction you got one. I think you are dead wrong...probably about 19.

Typ0
08-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Don't be too harsh on the kid. The Bills o-line sucks, the weather was bad, Lee Evans is his only target, Mike Mularkey screwed JP his first 2 years, and Mr. 990 yards Willis McGahee didn't help JP out at all, Willis almost got JP killed on that one missed block.

those are all excuses. The responsibility for how JP turns out lies with JP. I'm not concerned about him having the tools because he has those (personal tools I mean). I am concerned about what's going on in his head. It just looks like he's a second too slow for the NFL at this point.

kinigirly
08-25-2007, 07:52 PM
wtf. if he doesn't look like a complete stud by midseason...then why the hell did you even post this?? to "prepare" us to think about it?? its this kind of bs thread that pisses me off and keeps me out of this forum so i can actually enjoy football. shocking thought around here i know.

and he hasn't played four years. first year broke his leg so he only played a couple of drives in three games. 2005 we played quarterback musical chairs. 2006 was his first and only season as a full time starter. 4th year quarterback yes, but 1.5 seasons active quarterback

Typ0
08-25-2007, 07:59 PM
wtf. if he doesn't look like a complete stud by midseason...then why the hell did you even post this?? to "prepare" us to think about it?? its this kind of bs thread that pisses me off and keeps me out of this forum so i can actually enjoy football. shocking thought around here i know.

and he hasn't played four years. first year broke his leg so he only played a couple of drives in three games. 2005 we played quarterback musical chairs. 2006 was his first and only season as a full time starter. 4th year quarterback yes, but 1.5 seasons active quarterback

4 years to develop in an NFL system is 4 years regardless. This argument is really getting old.

DraftBoy
08-25-2007, 08:02 PM
Im not too concerned unless I see his preseason play turn over and become his regular season play, but I dont think you'll find many if any posters who dont think this year is not put up or shut up time for JP.

jmb1099
08-25-2007, 09:22 PM

The voice of reason has spoken.
Not to mention its preseason.
This board always goes suicidal after a loss no matter how meaningless
Some of these guys are just waiting for a reason to declare the end of all life as we know it

DynaPaul
08-25-2007, 09:28 PM
I'm giving him this year. At the end of the season I'll decide whether he's a bust, stud, or somewhere in between. Yes, this is JP's make-or-break year.

PECKERWOOD
08-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Where does all this negativity and hate come from? Let the guy play a ****ing regular season game before you declare him a bust. Jeepers creepers.

Mitchy moo
08-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Jp has been waiting for the rest of the offense to catch up to him, this might be that year.

justasportsfan
08-25-2007, 10:09 PM
the guy has probably the best deep throws in the NFL, but his short game still needs alot to be desired

clumping platelets
08-25-2007, 10:12 PM
It's threads like this that chase people away from the site :(

PECKERWOOD
08-25-2007, 10:14 PM

Absolutely.

However, there really are some great people here once you give em an honest chance.

justasportsfan
08-25-2007, 10:18 PM
don't blame the pessimists, the bills are giving them reasons to *****. I think we'll be fine when regular season starts but let's call a spade a spade. We didn't look like a well oiled machine out there

BTW JP talks too much during interviews. Wasn't Philosophy his major? Just answer the question and move on. He likes to yap a lot.

gil
08-25-2007, 10:26 PM
In my opinion, and I think it's real simple and everyone in the league, our front office, coaching staff and most of the reality-based community understands - JP has this year to improve and win us games, if not, we move on.

They simply won't spend the money he (or his agent) demands to stay otherwise.

All that being said, I think JP has been far from our worst problem in the PRE-season.

Ebenezer
08-25-2007, 10:47 PM
If we are to judge JP based on the preseason then I guess 70 other guys on this team suck.

Philagape
08-25-2007, 10:54 PM
He needs to look a lot better than Friday night. But he would have to look like he did Friday night all season before writing him off.

Ebenezer
08-25-2007, 10:56 PM
He needs to look a lot better than Friday night. But he would have to look like he did Friday night all season before writing him off.
however, if he looks like everybody thought he did Friday all season then he is in deep crap...

Philagape
08-25-2007, 10:59 PM
That's what I said...?

kinigirly
08-25-2007, 11:04 PM
trying to analyze performance is futile. i had one guy next to me at the bar saying how horrible jp looked on every play. then i read in the buffalo news that they thought he did a pretty good job. everyone has their different biases, goals, visions and expectations for players, especially quarterbacks. then throw in the variable of talking about buffalo. any and everyone that has lived for this team is still suffering from post traumatic stress disorder of the golden years decline. i don't think anyone short of kelly's anatomical clone is going to make people happy. every qb that steps into his shoes is picked apart to the bone because of the pedestal fans have put kelly on for life.

feldspar
08-25-2007, 11:15 PM

I wasn't aware that "the pansy asses have been babying and coddling him."

Mitchy moo
08-25-2007, 11:31 PM
trying to analyze performance is futile. i had one guy next to me at the bar saying how horrible jp looked on every play. then i read in the buffalo news that they thought he did a pretty good job. everyone has their different biases, goals, visions and expectations for players, especially quarterbacks. then throw in the variable of talking about buffalo. any and everyone that has lived for this team is still suffering from post traumatic stress disorder of the golden years decline. i don't think anyone short of kelly's anatomical clone is going to make people happy. every qb that steps into his shoes is picked apart to the bone because of the pedestal fans have put kelly on for life.

Everybody wants to get back to the goodtimes and the QB position has been a sore spot for years now. We haven't had a "good enough" guy to get us back to the show, yet. If JP loses it this year and has a huge season, the talk of Jimbo's real replacement will be here.

I personally think winning involves great timing, easy schedule and talent. You put all of those thing together, your entering the playoffs at least.

Iehoshua
08-26-2007, 12:11 AM
What has happened since the end of last year and opening day to get people upset? Is it a couple meaningless preseason games? :bf1: :bf1:

How can anyone take preseason seriously?

Michael82
08-26-2007, 12:59 AM
:bf1:

patmoran2006
08-26-2007, 01:16 AM
Jp has been waiting for the rest of the offense to catch up to him, this might be that year.
Are you flipping remotely serious?

Mitchy moo
08-26-2007, 06:37 AM
Are you flipping remotely serious?

JP's dealt with a Subpar O-line to this point & running back without a heart (or brain) and weak at best TE's, yeah I'm serious.

SABURZFAN
08-26-2007, 06:43 AM
The voice of reason has spoken.
Not to mention its preseason.
This board always goes suicidal after a loss no matter how meaningless
Some of these guys are just waiting for a reason to declare the end of all life as we know it

i can't wait for some of these guys to go jump off a bridge. :up:

jmb1099
08-26-2007, 07:13 AM
i can't wait for some of these guys to go jump off a bridge. :up:
Its preseason
We have work to do
What a shock
If this place is this suicidal after a preseason loss imagine how crazy it will be after a regular season loss. We're going to have to put a quick link in the tool bar for suicide hotline

BleedinGreenNC
08-26-2007, 07:23 AM

O-Line sucks? I thought those 2 FA's you signed were shoring that up for you?

Yasgur's Farm
08-26-2007, 07:27 AM
What was that word I like so much hammerbillsfan? Oh yeah... jabroni... I really like that word.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=132660 (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=132660)

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-26-2007, 07:38 AM
Has anyone hee ever seen rex grossman play? Now there is a crappy qb.
JP is a middle of the pack QB right now.
would you rather have a rex grossman?

TacklingDummy
08-26-2007, 07:47 AM
Has anyone hee ever seen rex grossman play? Now there is a crappy qb.
JP is a middle of the pack QB right now.
would you rather have a rex grossman?

Rex Grossman: 24 games, 367 of 675, 4496 yards, 27 TDs 26 Ints., 72.4 RAT

JP Losman: 29 games, 384 of 662, 4423 yards, 27 TDs, 23 INTs, 77.4 RAT

Very Similar. Now wouldn't that make JP a crappy QB also?

I'd rather have neither.

Yasgur's Farm
08-26-2007, 07:50 AM
:bandwagon Alas... JP is the starter.

Wally The Barber
08-26-2007, 08:04 AM
I will be willing to talk about it after this season! This is clearly J.P.'s make or break year!
There are no excuses! Those days are over!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-26-2007, 08:05 AM
TD, you cant possibly think after watching the two play that the stats tell the story as much as the actions on the field. dont be rediculous

shelby
08-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Can we at least let the kid play a few regular season games before we throw him under the bus?

Some of y'all make me shake my head in bewilderment, really.

TacklingDummy
08-26-2007, 08:12 AM
TD, you cant possibly think after watching the two play that the stats tell the story as much as the actions on the field. dont be rediculous

Grossman had more good games last year than JP did.

Yasgur's Farm
08-26-2007, 08:22 AM
Grossman had more good games last year than JP did.If that's true... Rex Grossman must have had a lot more *****ty games too.

Passer rating...
JP Losman 11th
Rex Grossman 24th

Completion %...
JP Losman 9th
Rex Grossman 28th

Yards/attempt...
JP Losman 11th
Rex Grossman 17th

Michael82
08-26-2007, 08:39 AM
You can add me to your sig. I'll bet 20,000 ZBs that they won't be picking in the top 10. :::

PECKERWOOD
08-26-2007, 08:41 AM
O-Line sucks? I thought those 2 FA's you signed were shoring that up for you?

Our starting center was out and we had a journeyman at RG. I actually thought that Dockery, Peters and Walker looked alright. LT,LG,C (once melvin comes back.. ) and RT those are all solid, imo. We need a new RG.

Wally The Barber
08-26-2007, 09:22 AM
Why do we need to wait?
I already saw a post this morning that claims Edwards is not the future and he is a rookie ! (lol)

TacklingDummy
08-26-2007, 09:49 AM
You can add me to your sig. I'll bet 20,000 ZBs that they won't be picking in the top 10. :::

Cool. :up:

Trading out of the Top 10 still means the Bills had a Top 10 pick.

Trading into the Top 10 doesn't mean the Bills had a Top 10 pick.

TacklingDummy
08-26-2007, 09:51 AM
If that's true... Rex Grossman must have had a lot more *****ty games too.

True.

Grossman had 7 games with 2 or more TDs.

Losman 5.

PECKERWOOD
08-26-2007, 09:56 AM
I don't like QB's that are hot or cold. I'l take the one that's consistently warm.

ddaryl
08-26-2007, 10:11 AM
It's time to start talking about JP potentially being a bust.

No that time won't come until 1/2 way or 3/4 the way through this season.

JP earned his right to start and until we can see what he does, and howm our OL does and how are run game does in real game plannning situations having this discussion now is a bit of a joke IMO.

Yes JP has frustrated me with his short routes and quick timing patterns but overall he hasn't looked like a bust either.

Lets reserve this conversation for November, much will change by then, and we'll know much more.

Our starting center was out and we had a journeyman at RG. I actually thought that Dockery, Peters and Walker looked alright. LT,LG,C (once melvin comes back.. ) and RT those are all solid, imo. We need a new RG.

This has been my observation as well. With Fowler at C the OL should look much better.

I'm still hoping Butler gets back in there at RG.

TacklingDummy
08-26-2007, 10:14 AM
If that's true... Rex Grossman must have had a lot more *****ty games too.

Rex had three 3 Ints games and one 4 Int. game.

Rex had 7 games with an RAT over 100. JP had 4.

The four games JP had over 100 RAT were against the Vikings, Fins, Texans, and Jets. The Jet game JP only threw 15 passes.

Rex sucks.

Yasgur's Farm
08-26-2007, 10:25 AM
JP's better! 11th (in fact) best passer rating in the NFL last season. That's not a fluke.

JP had only 1 game with 3 INT's and 2 games with 2 INT's... He also had 7 games with 0 INT's.

I'll take those 16 games rather than these 3 to draw my LOGICAL conclusion.

Meathead
08-26-2007, 11:43 AM
this thread should be merged with typ0s drunken lounge

Michael82
08-26-2007, 12:01 PM
this thread should be merged with typ0s drunken lounge
:rofl: Good point.

HHURRICANE
08-26-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm not in the least bit ready to write off JP before the season starts. Based on the way the entire team has played so far you could attach "bust" to the entire team. It's way too pre-mature.

Let's wait til the real games start.

Mad Bomber
08-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Yeah, he also had some HORRENDOUS games. Feast or famine.

Typ0
08-26-2007, 07:59 PM
I wasn't aware that "the pansy asses have been babying and coddling him."

then you obviously haven't been here for the past two years. It's time to put up or shut up.

Typ0
08-26-2007, 08:21 PM

if only it could chase the people away from the team that enable them to be at the bottom of the league just because they are "bills" we'd be all set. Groan away I could care less. I want performance no excuses. There is always next year...and in that case cut the crap and move on.

SABURZFAN
08-26-2007, 08:39 PM
JP's better! 11th (in fact) best passer rating in the NFL last season. That's not a fluke.

Passer Rating is a useless stat.

TacklingDummy
08-27-2007, 03:41 AM
Yeah, he also had some HORRENDOUS games. Feast or famine.

Agreed. And I pointed those out.

njsue
08-27-2007, 03:58 AM
Give JP Losman one more season now that he has a better Oline to protect him.

I say JP has a great season NOW that he has a REAL RB to help him.

BILLIEVE! :;

mchurchfie
08-27-2007, 04:00 AM
Passer Rating is a useless stat.I prefer a good win-loss record over that. Jim Kelly had some horrendous games as far as interceptions go but at the end walked away with the win.

SABURZFAN
08-27-2007, 05:29 AM
I prefer a good win-loss record over that. Jim Kelly had some horrendous games as far as interceptions go but at the end walked away with the win.

i agree. everybody laughs at v. young's PR and he had just as many wins as losman too.