PDA

View Full Version : the best unit last Friday was..

justasportsfan
08-25-2007, 10:30 PM
our wr's. I like what I saw from them . From Evans ,Reed,Price and Parrish.

Fix the run and they will be more dangerous !

PECKERWOOD
08-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Mine goes to our blocking overall add good blocks by WR's like Josh Reed, Evans and Aiken. Peters and Dockery are going to be nasty. I can't wait to see it on the field, they are going to punish. We had a fantastic 3rd down conversion rate last night. Our RB's and OL were the reason we succeeded so often.

Michael82
08-26-2007, 12:50 AM
Mine goes to our blocking overall

:lmao: You definitely weren't watching the same game thaT I was....:ill:

G. Host
08-26-2007, 08:33 AM

The WRs were blocking well as he stated in full quote. The TEs and line not so well.

PECKERWOOD
08-26-2007, 08:36 AM

It's ok. You just can't see the much larger picture. Think what you want.

Michael82
08-26-2007, 08:41 AM
It's ok. You just can't see the much larger picture. Think what you want.
I do agree that the receivers and TEs were doing a good job blocking. But I thought the OL blocking was pathetic!

PECKERWOOD
08-26-2007, 08:45 AM
I do agree that the receivers and TEs were doing a good job blocking. But I thought the OL blocking was pathetic!

At C and RG.

Peters and Dockery didn't dominate at the get go but as the game wore on they were starting to build obvious chemistry. Peters, Dockery, Fowler and Walker will all be fine.

Philagape
08-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Props to Price for starting to play a few weeks after the rest of his team :clap:

DraftBoy
08-26-2007, 11:50 AM
WR's did a great job blocking, on one of Fred Jackson's big runs Jemalle Cornelius was leading him down the field blocking the whole way. Those kind of plays help you make the team or the PS.

Meathead
08-26-2007, 12:06 PM
look the book on the bills is to stuff the box and force them to beat you over the top. remember last year? seven eight nine men in da box thats what the titans did. granted it may be an old book but the titans went with it and it worked on most plays

if it was a reg season game, say the opener, and they did that then by the second half the defense would be forced to back off. jp completed two huge plays to the wideouts which would normally have made the d drop a couple more guys into coverage. that certainly would make running in the marsh more effective

i am honestly not worried about the reg season offense. it will take some time for the ol to gel completely but the wrs look more mature than this group ever has and jps long ball propensity will absolutely back the defenses off the los. whether thats enough to win remains to be seen but the struggle to run weve seen so far will ease once the starters go the distance

so rules judge meathead. so it shall be

Michael82
08-26-2007, 12:10 PM
look the book on the bills is to stuff the box and force them to beat you over the top. remember last year? seven eight nine men in da box thats what the titans did. granted it may be an old book but the titans went with it and it worked on most plays

if it was a reg season game, say the opener, and they did that then by the second half the defense would be forced to back off. jp completed two huge plays to the wideouts which would normally have made the d drop a couple more guys into coverage. that certainly would make running in the marsh more effective

i am honestly not worried about the reg season offense. it will take some time for the ol to gel completely but the wrs look more mature than this group ever has and jps long ball propensity will absolutely back the defenses off the los. whether thats enough to win remains to be seen but the struggle to run weve seen so far will ease once the starters go the distance

so rules judge meathead. so it shall be
hmmm.....good points. Another interesting point is that JP actually did best in the 2nd half last year. They seemed to be good after adjustments. :up:

Meathead
08-26-2007, 12:35 PM
yeah thats a good point too

the coaching staff hasnt been perfect but theyve been pretty good and certainly appear to have a strong ability to make adjustments during the game - a very important skill in the nfl. think about how many times last year the bills started slow and then came on later. they only needed two more plays to be in playoff contention which is all about the learning to win factor. so they should be closer this year and hopefully can turn those couple of plays in their favor to be right there as the season winds down

while we are on the subject, i will be looking for the dickman to be better at clock/timeout mgmt this year. he stuggled to find the right times to call timeouts and challenges last year and didnt maximize the teams chances to pull out victories at the end. its not simple but its not rocket science either so i would expect a first time hc to have the kinks out of that process by his second year

finally, perry fuel needs to show me something this year. i hate to say it but ive never really been comfortable with him as the dc. he went from db coach to dc here and hasnt exactly impressed me in any way. idk how much say he had in the strategy to let three vets walk but hes the dc and takes whatever heat there is regardless. even with a young unit it should be better their second year in the system and if they arent his job should be in jeopardy

Elminster
08-26-2007, 12:55 PM
yeah thats a good point too

the coaching staff hasnt been perfect but theyve been pretty good and certainly appear to have a strong ability to make adjustments during the game - a very important skill in the nfl. think about how many times last year the bills started slow and then came on later. they only needed two more plays to be in playoff contention which is all about the learning to win factor. so they should be closer this year and hopefully can turn those couple of plays in their favor to be right there as the season winds down

while we are on the subject, i will be looking for the dickman to be better at clock/timeout mgmt this year. he stuggled to find the right times to call timeouts and challenges last year and didnt maximize the teams chances to pull out victories at the end. its not simple but its not rocket science either so i would expect a first time hc to have the kinks out of that process by his second year

finally, perry fuel needs to show me something this year. i hate to say it but ive never really been comfortable with him as the dc. he went from db coach to dc here and hasnt exactly impressed me in any way. idk how much say he had in the strategy to let three vets walk but hes the dc and takes whatever heat there is regardless. even with a young unit it should be better their second year in the system and if they arent his job should be in jeopardy
I agree with you. This is the second time we played againsy VY...and the second time we seemed unprepared to cope with his athleticism. I know this was just pre-season, but I'm discouraged that we didn't show any improvement in dealing with him. Say whatever you will about him, but you can't play him the same as....say...Chad Pennington, but it seems like we do...

DraftBoy
08-26-2007, 01:48 PM

I agree about that being the book last season but JP showed capability to beat teams over the top enough to where I think we'll see more zone coverages where they will force JP to beat them underneath or for our unproven OL to not only protect JP but open up running lanes. They as of right now have no reason to crowd the box.

justasportsfan
08-26-2007, 07:59 PM
hmmm.....good points. Another interesting point is that JP actually did best in the 2nd half last year. They seemed to be good after adjustments. :up:

we don't have the luxury of waiting for Jp to "ADJUST" in the second half of the ballgame or season. The great ones come out swinging from the start of the ballgame . JP needs to be consistent from start to finish or we'll find someone who can and seems like we've drafted one who might be able to.