PDA

View Full Version : Preseason is a joke...........

Mitchy moo
08-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Why in the world would anyone be worried about the preseason is beyond me. We we're down 14-10 after the 1st half yesterday, is that a doom time score? We we're losing 6-3 after the first half in the atlanta game as well, should we chalk up the season as lost right now?

The pre-season is a more advanced place for teams to practice, put fans into the stadium and get them to buy more season tickets, nothing else. If you read into this any further, you either know very little about the game or are just plain looking for a problem.

83evans
08-25-2007, 11:57 PM
Why in the world would anyone be worried about the preseason is beyond me. We we're down 14-10 after the 1st half yesterday, is that a doom time score? We we're losing 6-3 after the first half in the atlanta game as well, should we chalk up the season as lost right now?

The pre-season is a more advanced place for teams to practice, put fans into the stadium and get them to buy more season tickets, nothing else. If you read into this any further, you either know very little about the game or are just plain looking for a problem.

I agree and disagree. Preseason matters because it helps decide the starting roster. But players like Losman and Evans who wont get there place taken away preseason is practice.

Iehoshua
08-26-2007, 12:14 AM
It's only logical to assume decision making on the field would differ in preseason for starters slightly than in reg season... Why not try a few different things, take some risks? If you're competing for a job then it's a different story, but no QB on this roster is currently more fit to start than JP, period.

patmoran2006
08-26-2007, 12:44 AM
This is the dumbest post I've seen in a very long time

patmoran2006
08-26-2007, 12:45 AM
It's only logical to assume decision making on the field would differ in preseason for starters slightly than in reg season... Why not try a few different things, take some risks? If you're competing for a job then it's a different story, but no QB on this roster is currently more fit to start than JP, period.
Do you mean take some risks as in our OL actually blocking someone when we try to run... Or our defense taking a risk by actually trying to tackle someone.

I know.. We are only giving up 65 yard drives left and right because its preseason.

Mitchy moo
08-26-2007, 06:41 AM
Do you mean take some risks as in our OL actually blocking someone when we try to run... Or our defense taking a risk by actually trying to tackle someone.

I know.. We are only giving up 65 yard drives left and right because its preseason.

When do you practice new things, during the regular season?

patmoran2006
08-26-2007, 11:28 AM
This is the NFL. You shouldn't need to "practice" tackling the guy with the football, or blocking the guy that's in front of you.

DraftBoy
08-26-2007, 11:31 AM
When do you practice new things, during the regular season?

You practice new things in practice in games (preseason or not) you execute new things. We seem to be failing in the latter of those two areas.