PDA

View Full Version : WHY ARE PEOPLE BASHING THE BILLS ON A BILLS SITE!

83evans
08-26-2007, 05:03 AM
I have been to 3-4 sites that people were bashing the bills. So I came here. Since this is BILLS ZONE I thought there wouldnt be much bashing. But instead I found more bashers who dont have any explaination of why there bashing and people who say we should get rid of Juron because were 1-2 in this preseason. Has anyone figured out that ITS PRESEASON. So people stop talking **** without having anything to back it up. Also our C and RG is still being substituted in and out on some plays so our OL isnt complete. Also doesnt anyone think Langston Walker had trouble because he kept having his line mate substituted. Each offensive line men has a different technique so when theres a knew player in Walker has to switch his technique which probably threw him off a bit. Peerless Price has 2 great plays and you dont talk any good about him still and Losman only had 181 yards and was 9/21 with 1 td and you guys are upset and saying Losmans history. Edwards wouldnt do much better. If you want a 0-16 record then go ahead put Edwards in. But if you want the best chance of winning then put Losman in. Seriously we can go 14-2 and you guys will be upset that we didnt go 16-0 and want us to fire Juron and Losman.

eyedog
08-26-2007, 05:15 AM
Maybe people are bashing because:

-the d-line sucks and can't stop the run. This was something which was knew by many coming into the season and hasn't been addressed.
-the Tampa-2 defense sucks
-the Bills don't know how to draft. {ie. you don't draft safties in the top-10 when your d-line sucks and have ad-tackle fall into your lap, see2006}
-the interior off the o-line sucks again. no run blocking whatsoever.
-it's preseason, but many can see problems which willl likely carryover into the season. {o@d lines still suck}

Thats for starters on why fans are bashing.

83evans
08-26-2007, 05:29 AM
Maybe people are bashing because:

-the d-line sucks and can't stop the run. This was something which was knew by many coming into the season and hasn't been addressed.
-the Tampa-2 defense sucks
-the Bills don't know how to draft. {ie. you don't draft safties in the top-10 when your d-line sucks and have ad-tackle fall into your lap, see2006}
-the interior off the o-line sucks again. no run blocking whatsoever.
-it's preseason, but many can see problems which willl likely carryover into the season. {o@d lines still suck}

Thats for starters on why fans are bashing.

How do you say we dont know how to draft. Our number 2 pics both can be rookie of the year. Donte Whitner was a great pic and we also got Kyle Williams who should get better.

SABURZFAN
08-26-2007, 06:32 AM
I have been to 3-4 sites that people were bashing the bills. So I came here. Since this is BILLS ZONE I thought there wouldnt be much bashing. But instead I found more bashers who dont have any explaination of why there bashing and people who say we should get rid of Juron because were 1-2 in this preseason. Has anyone figured out that ITS PRESEASON. Also our C and RG is still being substituted in and out on some plays so our OL isnt complete. Also doesnt anyone think Langston Walker had trouble because he kept having his line mate substituted. Each offensive line men has a different technique so when theres a knew player in Walker has to switch his technique which probably threw him off a bit. Peerless Price has 2 great plays and you dont talk any good about him still and Losman only had 181 yards and was 9/21 with 1 td and you guys are upset and saying Losmans history. Edwards wouldnt do much better. If you want a 0-16 record then go ahead put Edwards in. But if you want the best chance of winning then put Losman in. Seriously we can go 14-2 and you guys will be upset that we didnt go 16-0 and want us to fire Juron and Losman.

there's friggin nothing wrong with Bills fans criticizing the team and its management.it's going to happen on any Bills board you go to.

shelby
08-26-2007, 06:34 AM
It's easy to second guess OBD from your couch or computer desk.

Everyone who posts here has different opinions on what is right and what is wrong with the Bills. That's what makes this board what it is. If we all agreed, it would be very boring.

Some of us choose to focus on the positive. Others choose to focus on the negative.

i simply enjoy getting up every Sunday, putting on my Wire jersey, drinking a few beers, and watching the Bills play football. Win or lose, it's a rollercoaster, and i for one really enjoy the ride.

:gobills:

im4bflo
08-26-2007, 11:24 PM
We're ALL Billsfans with different opinions.
Nobody's right or wrong, they're just opinions, and assumtions.
I look at the positive, some fans look at the negative, my wife is like that,
but I still love her!
Nobody's right until the fat lady sings, GO BILLS!

OpIv37
08-31-2007, 09:54 AM
I have been to 3-4 sites that people were bashing the bills. So I came here. Since this is BILLS ZONE I thought there wouldnt be much bashing. But instead I found more bashers who dont have any explaination of why there bashing and people who say we should get rid of Juron because were 1-2 in this preseason. Has anyone figured out that ITS PRESEASON. Also our C and RG is still being substituted in and out on some plays so our OL isnt complete. Also doesnt anyone think Langston Walker had trouble because he kept having his line mate substituted. Each offensive line men has a different technique so when theres a knew player in Walker has to switch his technique which probably threw him off a bit. Peerless Price has 2 great plays and you dont talk any good about him still and Losman only had 181 yards and was 9/21 with 1 td and you guys are upset and saying Losmans history. Edwards wouldnt do much better. If you want a 0-16 record then go ahead put Edwards in. But if you want the best chance of winning then put Losman in. Seriously we can go 14-2 and you guys will be upset that we didnt go 16-0 and want us to fire Juron and Losman.

No one is saying we should fire Jauron.

Some people, like me, think hiring him was stupid in the first place. The guy has had only one winning season, his in-game decision making is terrible and he's supposed to be a defensive genius but has never had a guy in the top 10. But even I don't think we should fire him now because it's too disruptive- the smarter thing to do is give him at least one and maybe two more seasons and hope I'm wrong.

So you're complaining about something that no one actually said.

As far as bashing the Bills- you're confused. Dolphins and Patriots fans bash the Bills. We're not doing that- we want the Bills to win and we're criticizing the players and decisions that aren't helping the team win. Being a fan means wanting the team to win, first and foremost. It does NOT mean standing by every asinine decision or every player who puts on our uniform no matter how bad they suck.

I hate on guys like Royal, Price, Reed, and Anderson all the time- I still root for them on Sundays because I want the team to do well, but when they're holding the team back from winning, I'm going to criticize them.

If you can't see the difference between that and bashing the team, don't bother going to message boards.

TSZmike
08-31-2007, 02:13 PM
Bashing is a hard term to give to someone. During the offseason all you are going to hear from the reporters is bad things, you are not going to hear "Hey, J.P. Losman donated something to x charity" or "marshawn Lynch helped the kids downtown, etc." you are going to hear "Why is this guy not starting" "who will be the mlb?" etc. I think you get my point. If you came here and there was talks about flowers and sunny day would that make it better?

I feel if you come to a board and there is no discussion between members about bad things and everyone agreed on everything what would you have?

This board is full of Buffalo Die Hard Bills fans in my honest opinion. Thats why I am in here posting and really stirring things up because it brings out the quality of a poster imho. This coming from a steelers fan.

This board is one of the better ones.

Voltron
08-31-2007, 04:30 PM
There are a group of people on here that YOU may think are bashing but in all actuality they are just being "REALISTIC".

I am at the point where being a realist has made Bills Football much more fun. I used to be like you, Never wanted to say anything bad, always thought the Bills could win any game they played ... but after 20 years of heartache ... I decided to call a spade, a spade and I am a much happier Bills fan. When they win a tough game on the road that, in my book, they have a low chance of winning it goes beyond my expectations and I come away feeling better about the team.

Just my 2 cents ...

tampabay25690
08-31-2007, 04:34 PM
I have been to 3-4 sites that people were bashing the bills. So I came here. Since this is BILLS ZONE I thought there wouldnt be much bashing. But instead I found more bashers who dont have any explaination of why there bashing and people who say we should get rid of Juron because were 1-2 in this preseason. Has anyone figured out that ITS PRESEASON. So people stop talking **** without having anything to back it up. Also our C and RG is still being substituted in and out on some plays so our OL isnt complete. Also doesnt anyone think Langston Walker had trouble because he kept having his line mate substituted. Each offensive line men has a different technique so when theres a knew player in Walker has to switch his technique which probably threw him off a bit. Peerless Price has 2 great plays and you dont talk any good about him still and Losman only had 181 yards and was 9/21 with 1 td and you guys are upset and saying Losmans history. Edwards wouldnt do much better. If you want a 0-16 record then go ahead put Edwards in. But if you want the best chance of winning then put Losman in. Seriously we can go 14-2 and you guys will be upset that we didnt go 16-0 and want us to fire Juron and Losman.

Hey I hear what you are saying and people bash all the time. We are Buffalo fans and what else is there to do in BUFFALO but get aggravated with our teams. I agree that some people on this site and others have nothing else to do but sit at there desk (give a tug or 2,:oops: DiD I say that) and type on the computer...

Whatever turns some on!!!

eyedog
08-31-2007, 04:34 PM
TSZ, your a Steelers fan {probably bandwagon} who lives in Cleveland and posts on a Bills board. wtf.

Yasgur's Farm
08-31-2007, 04:35 PM
Trolls yell the loudest!

tampabay25690
08-31-2007, 04:35 PM
There are a group of people on here that YOU may think are bashing but in all actuality they are just being "REALISTIC".

I am at the point where being a realist has made Bills Football much more fun. I used to be like you, Never wanted to say anything bad, always thought the Bills could win any game they played ... but after 20 years of heartache ... I decided to call a spade, a spade and I am a much happier Bills fan. When they win a tough game on the road that, in my book, they have a low chance of winning it goes beyond my expectations and I come away feeling better about the team.

Just my 2 cents ...

BY THE WAY VOLTRON Im heading to GAINESVILLE next SAT for the TROY game!!!!!! Can't wait...

mikemac2001
08-31-2007, 04:36 PM
WHo cares what people say, i think we got a decent team with a playoff shot

I know we need to improve but i also like alot of things the new staff and MARV have done

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo **** people

OpIv37
08-31-2007, 04:38 PM

Just my 2 cents ...

or, to say it more simply, an optimist can never be pleasantly surprised (and is quite frequently disappointed).

justasportsfan
08-31-2007, 05:19 PM
The guy has had only one winning season, his in-game decision making is terrible and he's supposed to be a defensive genius but has never had a guy in the top 10. you seriously need to get that out of your head. What was BB record when he was w/ the Browns and Saban was his DC? What was his first season record with the Pats with Drew instead of a JP Losman?

shing the Bills- you're confused. Dolphins and Patriots fans bash the Bills. We're not doing that- we want the Bills to win and we're criticizing the players and decisions that aren't helping the team win. Being a fan means wanting the team to win, first and foremost. It does NOT mean standing by every asinine decision or every player who puts on our uniform no matter how bad they suck.

I hate on guys like Royal, Price, Reed, and Anderson all the time- I still root for them on Sundays because I want the team to do well, but when they're holding the team back from winning, I'm going to criticize them.

If you can't see the difference between that and bashing the team, don't bother going to message boards.

I disagree. Guys like Moran and Wys do nothing but bash the bills. You're not as bad but you always find fault where there isn't any. You judge offseason moves that have yet to bare any results. You I can handle, wys and MOran although they call themselves bills fans, they're bills haters. They can't fool anyone into thinking they want the bills to win. They want the bills to lose so they can say I TOLD YOU SO.

mybills
08-31-2007, 05:27 PM
I have been to 3-4 sites that people were bashing the bills. So I came here. Since this is BILLS ZONE I thought there wouldnt be much bashing. But instead I found more bashers.

Just do what I do...

LAUGH!
:D

:cheers:

OpIv37
08-31-2007, 05:29 PM
you seriously need to get that out of your head. What was BB record when he was w/ the Browns and Saban was his DC? What was his first season record with the Pats with Drew instead of a JP Losman?

I disagree. Guys like Moran and Wys do nothing but bash the bills. You're not as bad but you always find fault where there isn't any. You judge offseason moves that have yet to bare any results. You I can handle, wys and MOran although they call themselves bills fans, they're bills haters. They can't fool anyone into thinking they want the bills to win. They want the bills to lose so they can say I TOLD YOU SO.

Here's your problem: You use the exception to prove the rule. For some reason, you think just because it happened to Bellicheck once, it somehow means it can and will happen to the Bills. Is it possible that Jauron could turn around? Yes. Is it likely that he will somehow prove to be better than he's proven to be in the past? Hell no.

I don't find fault where there isn't any- you and I just disagree on what constitutes fault. I think hiring Jauron was a bad idea because of his poor previous record. You think hiring him was a good idea because of what happened to Bill Bellicheck in Cleveland, which is illogical but you're entitled to your opinion.

As far as Wys and Moran, I will admit that they are overly critical at times, but I can't comment on their state of mind. It's possible that they're so insecure that they have to prove themselves to a bunch of message board people they don't even know at the expense of their team losing, but I'd like to think that isn't the case.

justasportsfan
08-31-2007, 05:36 PM
Here's your problem: You use the exception to prove the rule. For some reason, you think just because it happened to Bellicheck once, it somehow means it can and will happen to the Bills. Is it possible that Jauron could turn around? Yes. Is it likely that he will somehow prove to be better than he's proven to be in the past? Hell no.

I don't find fault where there isn't any- you and I just disagree on what constitutes fault. I think hiring Jauron was a bad idea because of his poor previous record. You think hiring him was a good idea because of what happened to Bill Bellicheck in Cleveland, which is illogical but you're entitled to your opinion.

As far as Wys and Moran, I will admit that they are overly critical at times, but I can't comment on their state of mind. It's possible that they're so insecure that they have to prove themselves to a bunch of message board people they don't even know at the expense of their team losing, but I'd like to think that isn't the case.
you hardly ever give anything a chance to bear results if you don't like a move. You also bash anyone who would rather wait for results and don't agree with you.

You ingore facts that don't agree with your opinion.

The season is upon us. It won't be long before we know who's right and who's wrong. I just hope you don't backtrack and say "I spoke too soon".

im4bflo
08-31-2007, 05:40 PM
If you're not feeling good about this year,
drink about four quick beers, :beer:
think about being at the RALPH Gameday.
and you should feel a little better.
"Let's GO, BUF-FA-LO! :flag:

OpIv37
08-31-2007, 05:44 PM
you hardly ever give anything a chance to bear results if you don't like a move. You also bash anyone who would rather wait for results and don't agree with you.

You ingore facts that don't agree with your opinion.

The season is upon us. It won't be long before we know who's right and who's wrong. I just hope you don't backtrack and say "I spoke too soon".

well, if I'm wrong (and that's a big IF), I only have two choices- admit that I was wrong and spoke too soon, or insist that I'm right even when I'm wrong. I'd rather just man up and admit I spoke too soon (if that happens)

mybills
08-31-2007, 06:31 PM

Nighthawk
08-31-2007, 09:06 PM

Last time I checked, I didn't have to kiss the Bills organization's a$$ to be a fan. Terrible post.

TSZmike
08-31-2007, 10:42 PM
TSZ, your a Steelers fan {probably bandwagon} who lives in Cleveland and posts on a Bills board. wtf.and what is your ****ing point? ******* when replying to a thread have a point

Edited by nbf. Please refrain from personal attacks. Attack the post not the poster

Typ0
08-31-2007, 11:20 PM

I think before we go hating on the coach he needs to have well rounded talent behind him and then fail or at least demonstrate he's a crutch. We have talent on the team...we just don't have enough talent.

SABURZFAN
09-01-2007, 11:18 AM
:monkeyp:
and what is your ****ing point? ******* when replying to a thread have a point

Edited by nbf. Please refrain from personal attacks. Attack the post not the poster