PDA

View Full Version : I hate to say it, but we're going to miss London and TKO big time!

blackonyx89
08-27-2007, 08:27 AM
The Bills should've never let those two go! The media said that TKO was a cancer, but was he really? They could've easily paid both TKO and London the money. I wish that Pozilla would've had the chance to pay with them that would've been sweet! This D is going to get shredded and we have old Ralphie Boy to thank for not keeping them.

:shy:

mchurchfie
08-27-2007, 08:38 AM
They were both washed up, time to move on with youth.

blackonyx89
08-27-2007, 08:43 AM
They were both washed up, time to move on with youth.

And the youth will struggle!

mchurchfie
08-27-2007, 08:47 AM
At least they will learn. That's better than overpaying a couple of aging vets to struggle.

hydro
08-27-2007, 08:48 AM
Thats stating the obvious, at least we are getting them experience so that they can be good for years to come. How many more years could we get out TKO and Fletch?

Its better to have a very young team that will gel together...

RockStar36
08-27-2007, 08:51 AM
The Bills should've never let those two go! The media said that TKO was a cancer, but was he really? They could've easily paid both TKO and London the money. I wish that Pozilla would've had the chance to pay with them that would've been sweet! This D is going to get shredded and we have old Ralphie Boy to thank for not keeping them.

Last time I checked each year TKO and London played on this team they didn't make the playoffs. What good were they really?

It was time to move on. Out with the old and in with the new.

justasportsfan
08-27-2007, 09:08 AM
struggle now or struggle later. I don't think we'll miss em' that much.

Tatonka
08-27-2007, 09:15 AM
i think we will miss TKO.. the TKO of 2 years ago.. because i looks like he will be back to full strength this year.. but london will be easily replaced by pos.. ellison isnt tko of 2 years ago though..

the bottom line is this though.. in the Total Access review of our team.. marshall faulk said "we are going to miss that leadership at the end of games when it is crunch time and we needs someone to make a play"..

let me ask you this.. when is the last time you saw london or tko make a play that saved a game? especially at the end? never??

how many games did we win with them or because of them? not many.. we never had a winning record with them at all.. so what the hell is the difference?

Night Train
08-27-2007, 09:20 AM
I disagree.

The problem is the lack of beef at DT. While it may take a while for Poz to recognize plays, we lost little at LB.

Mr. Miyagi
08-27-2007, 09:40 AM
I was paying some special attention to TKO in last night's game. Except for that one stuff run at the goal line, he was slow to the ball, can't change direction, and falling down and stuff. He was nothing special at all.

I have no regrets.

cocamide
08-27-2007, 09:49 AM
I was paying some special attention to TKO in last night's game. Except for that one stuff run at the goal line, he was slow to the ball, can't change direction, and falling down and stuff. He was nothing special at all.

I have no regrets.

I noticed that one screen play where Davenport (I think) went for about 30 yards, and TKO couldn't get off his block. He looked like he was on roller skates and got manhandled by the O-Lineman. I didn't see the whole game, and I'm sure he had that great play for the forced fumble. But, he had that great play on the first play of the season last year when he killed Tom Brady, forced that fumble, and Fletcher scored. After that play I'm sure we all thought he was back to normal too. But, he wasn't, and he isn't now either. But, even at 80%, TKO is still a good, fun player to watch, but it was time to cut ties with him.

Luisito23
08-27-2007, 12:07 PM

And we struggled last year....What's your point???....:coffee:.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Mr. Pink
08-27-2007, 12:09 PM
I don't think we'll miss TKO at all.

Production wise we probably won't miss Fletch, but we will definitely miss his leadership for a while til someone else steps up and takes the role.

historypete
08-27-2007, 04:04 PM
I think they will be missed in the short-term, but lets not lose sight of a few things.

1: They were part of a defense that gave up 140 yards per game last year.

2: We still have the same smallish DT's this year so to think both Fletcher and Spikes would have decreased that number I think is unreasonable.

I would rather have the young guys out there learning and getting better, than spinning our wheels with the older guys who were getting either blown off the ball (Fletcher) or suffering from nagging injuries and not even playing on third down (Spikes).

I think the defense will clearly suffer this year, but I don't think having those guys around would make that much of a difference.

mybills
08-27-2007, 04:09 PM
I'll miss London's interceptions when we play the Jets again. :ill:

The Answer
08-27-2007, 04:43 PM

This defense is going to be hideous to say the least......

Better hope that 'Poz' truly is a savior because if he ends up being a bust or not having an impact it's really going to be a long season.

~The Answer

Tatonka
08-27-2007, 04:57 PM
i think pos will take over the leadership role in quick order for london.. people respond to players who make plays.. urlacher turned into a leader before his rookie season was over. pos will do the same.

patmoran2006
08-27-2007, 07:45 PM
i think we will miss TKO.. the TKO of 2 years ago.. because i looks like he will be back to full strength this year.. but london will be easily replaced by pos.. ellison isnt tko of 2 years ago though..

the bottom line is this though.. in the Total Access review of our team.. marshall faulk said "we are going to miss that leadership at the end of games when it is crunch time and we needs someone to make a play"..

let me ask you this.. when is the last time you saw london or tko make a play that saved a game? especially at the end? never??

how many games did we win with them or because of them? not many.. we never had a winning record with them at all.. so what the hell is the difference?
Fletcher pretty much beat Green Bay by himself last year, and he and Clements dominated the Jets in New York.

raphael120
08-27-2007, 08:24 PM

Most of the time we lost games because our offense couldn't get it done.

Think about it. '05, '06, '07. Most of the blame goes squarely on the impotent offense we've had. When your defense is giving you great field position all the time and you can never get points off of it, its going to demoralize your defense pretty quick. When has our offense ever bailed out the defense?

We had a top 5 defense a few years in a row there, and we couldn't do **** with it because our offense blew chunks. Takeo, Clements, and Fletch will be missed. Takeo is doing pretty damn good so far, and Fletch is making an impact in Washington, havent really seen Clements too much to comment but Im sure he's doing a lot better than both of our starting CBs combined. I'd rather see Kelsay go and kept one of the 3 that left. What's Kelsay proven thus far? You can't tell me you'd rather have Kelsay and Langston Walker over Clements?