PDA

View Full Version : Eagles could trade Kelly Holcomb soon

Ickybaluky
08-27-2007, 09:25 AM
The Eagles are hoping for a 6th, but will probably have to settle for a 7th round pick.

LINK (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20070827_Eagles_Notes____Trade_of_Holcomb_appears_likely.html)

According to a league source, as many as four teams have contacted the Eagles about acquiring Holcomb, and the team intends to move him this week as long as Donovan McNabb, A.J. Feeley and rookie Kevin Kolb got through last night's preseason game against the Pittsburgh Steelers healthy.

Two of the teams involved in talks with the Eagles are the Minnesota Vikings and Atlanta Falcons. The Eagles are hoping to get at least a sixth-round pick in return for Holcomb, but they may have to settle for a seventh-round selection.

Later on, it says this:

Another team that might have some interest in Holcomb is the New England Patriots, who recently signed 43-year-old Vinny Testaverde to be their third quarterback behind Tom Brady and Matt Cassel.

It sounds like conjecture, but I'd be surprised. Holcomb would be a good fit for them as a vetearn backup, but Belichick has some sort of unhealthy man-love type obsession with Vinny Testaverde.

Mr. Miyagi
08-27-2007, 09:37 AM
I'd be very very surprised if anyone gives Philly a 6th for Holcomb. They aren't going to carry 4 QBs on their roster and everyone knows this. Why pay anything for him if he's just going to get cut?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-27-2007, 09:43 AM
but Belichick has some sort of unhealthy man-love type obsession with Vinny Testaverde.

:) thats funny NE :)

Night Train
08-27-2007, 09:47 AM
4 teams inquiring about Kelly Freakin' Holcomb speaks volumes about QB depth in the NFL.

Jimbuktu
08-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Who gives a **** about Kelly Holcomb? Can we stop discussing this schlep?

Mr. Pink
08-27-2007, 11:16 AM
What happened to that guy who said Holcomb was "rested, tanned and ready?" I thought he was gonna lead the Eagles to a playoff birth and find redemption in a west coast based offense?

Elminster
08-27-2007, 11:21 AM
What happened to that guy who said Holcomb was "rested, tanned and ready?" I thought he was gonna lead the Eagles to a playoff birth and find redemption in a west coast based offense?
:lol:
So true. I'd be shocked if they got a 6th for him....or, anything for him, really...

duhbilz
08-27-2007, 11:53 AM
The Eagles are hoping for a 6th, but will probably have to settle for a 7th round pick.

LINK (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20070827_Eagles_Notes____Trade_of_Holcomb_appears_likely.html)

Later on, it says this:

It sounds like conjecture, but I'd be surprised. Holcomb would be a good fit for them as a vetearn backup, but Belichick has some sort of unhealthy man-love type obsession with Vinny Testaverde.

I would think the Eagles are in the catbird seat, of course they're not gonna waste a roster spot for Holcomb, but if there's any desperate need for a QB with starting experience it could drive the price up for his services.

Stewie
08-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Holcomb traded to the vikings for a 2008 sixth round pick

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=2604&line=96466&spln=1

The Answer
08-27-2007, 04:45 PM

Holcomb - still tanned, rested and ready.

The Answer knows it was hard for the eagles to part ways with the wily vet because he's been lighting it up all preseason.

You have to believe that Holcomb forced the front offices hand though because he's a starting QB and wants to contribute - which he will no have the opportunity to do with a young, talented vikings team.

~The Answer

RockStar36
08-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Jackson is the starting QB in Minnesota.

The Answer
08-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Jackson is the starting QB in Minnesota.

Obviously not anymore with the addition of The Holcomb.

Ickybaluky
08-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Obviously not anymore with the addition of The Holcomb.

Actually, Jackson was named the starter today, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune (http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=908):

Childress also told the team that Tarvaris Jackson has won the starting job.

Holcomb will get to play in their last game, though:

Bollinger and Holcomb are both expected to play in Thursday night’s exhibition finale against Dallas at the Metrodome. Jackson will play the first series, along with the rest of the Vikings’ starters, but that likely will be it for the first-team guys.

BTW, the Vikings reportedly gave up a 2009 6th round pick, not next year.