PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick accepts Jesus

The Spaz
08-27-2007, 10:44 AM
What a ****ing tool. He now hands his life over to the lord and jesus christ. Whatever Vick I'm sure you really mean it. I hope you never enter the NFL again.

DraftBoy
08-27-2007, 10:46 AM
What a ****ing tool. He now hands his life over to the lord and jesus christ. Whatever Vick I'm sure you really mean it. I hope you never enter the NFL again.

Ill give him credit he did not use a prepared statement he spoke for himself. He seemed sorry but Im not sure it was for dog fighting as much as it was for getting caught. The process has played itself out and on Dec. 10th it will be done.

Valerie
08-27-2007, 10:49 AM
If he EVER plays for any team again in the NFL, I'll be disappointed and disgusted in whatever team decides to pick him up. I hope he rots in jail and in hell!

blackonyx89
08-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Ill give him credit he did not use a prepared statement he spoke for himself. He seemed sorry but Im not sure it was for dog fighting as much as it was for getting caught. The process has played itself out and on Dec. 10th it will be done.

He should've accepted Christ instead of running with his homies and fighting dogs. Better late than never. JMO.

Mr. Pink
08-27-2007, 10:50 AM
I'm with DB on this. I give Mike a lot of credit for not reading off a sheet of paper and looking straight ahead, speaking from the "heart" allegedly. At least he came across as honest and apologetic with his statement, which is better than what most people can do.

blackonyx89
08-27-2007, 10:55 AM
If he EVER plays for any team again in the NFL, I'll be disappointed and disgusted in whatever team decides to pick him up. I hope he rots in jail and in hell!

He can't rot in hell, he has Christ. What he did was wrong and his career is dead. No team in their right mind would bring him in.

Dr. Lecter
08-27-2007, 10:56 AM

"Starting at Quarterback, for the Dallas Cowboys, # 7 Micheal Vick!"

:jk:

Static
08-27-2007, 10:59 AM
He should take up **** fighting when he gets out...(though he may be doing alot of that in prison.)

The Spaz
08-27-2007, 11:07 AM
He still is a fake preared or unprepared statement.

DraftBoy
08-27-2007, 11:09 AM
He still is a fake preared or unprepared statement.

You sound like Skip Bayliss

Dr. Lecter
08-27-2007, 11:12 AM
Vick has not exactly done much to gain or have any trust in his ability to be honest and/or sincere.

BAM
08-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Good for Michael Vick. I hope he's sincere.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-27-2007, 11:16 AM
What does that even mean what he says he has accepted jesus christ

Night Train
08-27-2007, 11:16 AM

LOL

The Spaz
08-27-2007, 11:18 AM
You sound like Skip Bayliss

Ok.

The Spaz
08-27-2007, 11:19 AM

He doesn't know either. He just said it to be in the good graces of people.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-27-2007, 11:20 AM
lock him and his brother up and throw away the key, they're both a piece of work

Valerie
08-27-2007, 11:33 AM
"Starting at Quarterback, for the Dallas Cowboys, # 7 Micheal Vick!"

:jk:
I would die if that happened. While I love the Cowboys, they really do scrape the bottom of the barrel with some of their players. It makes me sick! :ill: If it wasn't for Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith, they would have the worst people in the NFL. :( A bunch of criminals/

jmb1099
08-27-2007, 11:36 AM
I hope for his sake he's sincere.

Earthquake Enyart
08-27-2007, 11:39 AM
I think people deserve second chances. Especially those who find the Lord.

njsue
08-27-2007, 11:40 AM

I really doubt he will play in the NFL again. He committed a huge felony!!!

Roger is kicking the trash out of the League!

blackonyx89
08-27-2007, 11:41 AM

Keep it real with the Lord and don't be a hypocrite!

njsue
08-27-2007, 11:43 AM

Liars don't really know the meaning of sincere!

justasportsfan
08-27-2007, 11:46 AM
If he sells everything he owns and donates it to the poor , maybe then I'll believe he's sincere.

Luisito23
08-27-2007, 11:47 AM

Great post!!.....This is the best, and most important thing that has happened to Vick in his entire life...I hope and pray that he really is sincere though....

GO BILLS!!!!!

njsue
08-27-2007, 11:47 AM
If he sells everything he owns and donates it to the poor , maybe then I'll believe he's sincere.

I will see it as pittiful copout!

SABURZFAN
08-27-2007, 11:49 AM

it means that another jerkoff is hiding behind religion.

njsue
08-27-2007, 11:51 AM
it means that another jerkoff is hiding behind religion.

:up:

LtFinFan66
08-27-2007, 11:57 AM
What a crock!! Jesus is probably shaking his head wondering why anytime someone screws the pooch they claim to find him to get people to take it easy on them! Throw the book at him judge!!

Static
08-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Apparently we should all stop going to church cause jesus is in the courts and prisons.

LtFinFan66
08-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Great post!!.....This is the best, and most important thing that has happened to Vick in his entire life...I hope and pray that he really is sincere though....

GO BILLS!!!!!Now if anyone actually believed that EE meant that then we would be in business

Meathead
08-27-2007, 12:02 PM
accepting christ into your heart can simply mean surrendering your lower self (the selfish personality) and a commitment to being connected with your higher self (the connected being)

if this commitment is authentic it can bring about a profound and lasting transformation in an individual

christians call it being 'saved' but it is represented in all of the various wisdom traditions

when one is transformed forgiveness is granted instantly to those who are sincere

lets hope he is

blackonyx89
08-27-2007, 12:06 PM
I'm surprised nobody posted an article about this.......

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/27/michael.vick/index.html

Philagape
08-27-2007, 12:10 PM
christians call it being 'saved' but it is represented in all of the various wisdom traditions

No other tradition can get one into Heaven

tat2dmike77
08-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Funny how he accepts jesus after he gets caught. Like saburz said it's just anther douche bag hiding behind religon. If he accepted jesus in the first place long before he thought it would be a good idea to run dog fighting then maybe just maybe he wouldn't be in the situation he is in right now.

Like we are all supposed to say oh he accepts jesus now so everything is cool. He broke the law if jesus would of been in his heart to begin with he wouldn't of helped kill animals and train them to fight for his and others involved personal enjoyment.

Have fun in prison mikey. Just a tip don't use powdered soap in the shower.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-27-2007, 12:15 PM

like Deion Sanders for one he was going in the wrong direction doing drugs almost commited suicide and then one day he found the Lord and now his whole life is turned around. If you believe in God and praise him he will help you.

blackonyx89
08-27-2007, 12:16 PM
Funny how he accepts jesus after he gets caught. Like saburz said it's just anther douche bag hiding behind religon. If he accepted jesus in the first place long before he thought it would be a good idea to run dog fighting then maybe just maybe he wouldn't be in the situation he is in right now.

Like we are all supposed to say oh he accepts jesus now so everything is cool. He broke the law if jesus would of been in his heart to begin with he wouldn't of helped kill animals and train them to fight for his and others involved personal enjoyment.

Have fun in prison mikey. Just a tip don't use powdered soap in the shower.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I made that point before about him accepting Christ and he needed to do that before his homies and himself got him in that mess. He still has to go to jail and he needs to think about who in his entourage needs to leave that's a bad influence.

Luisito23
08-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Funny how he accepts jesus after he gets caught.

And if this doesn't happen he probably wouldn't accept Christ in the 1st. place....No one can look at a man's heart but God.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Meathead
08-27-2007, 12:18 PM
No other tradition can get one into Heaven
even having this belief wont get you there

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-27-2007, 12:19 PM
accepting christ into your heart can simply mean surrendering your lower self (the selfish personality) and a commitment to being connected with your higher self (the connected being)

if this commitment is authentic it can bring about a profound and lasting transformation in an individual

when one is transformed forgiveness is granted instantly to those who are sincere

lets hope he is

:pray: amen

Philagape
08-27-2007, 12:20 PM
even having this belief wont get you there

And you know that how?

M
08-27-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm surprised nobody posted an article about this.......

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/27/michael.vick/index.html

From the article ...

Not for one second will I sit right here and point the finger and try to blame anybody else for my actions or what I've done.

And that's precisely what he did in the beginning. Now he's just backpedaling because he got busted.

Mr. Pink
08-27-2007, 12:28 PM
It's human nature to deny pretty much anything at first, especially something that is as damaging to you as this. Personally, publically, professionally this guy has taken a huge hit. So he lived on the hope he wouldn't get caught.

Now the problem is, is he sorry for his actions or sorry he got caught? Time will tell. But, like I stated earlier, I gotta give him credit for shooting from the "heart" as opposed to reading a written speech from his lawyer.

Earthquake Enyart
08-27-2007, 12:49 PM
You all are so judgemental. It's not like he killed anyone.

casdhf
08-27-2007, 12:52 PM
I wonder if he'll be thanking Jesus when he's getting gang raped.

Thank you, lord; may I have another?

blackonyx89
08-27-2007, 12:57 PM
I wonder if he'll be thanking Jesus when he's getting gang raped.

Thank you, lord; may I have another?

Ok now! He was wrong, but I think wanting him to be attacked and beat down and whatever is taking it to the extreme. HE'S WRONG! He messed up. I think a lot of posters are sounding off out of anger which is justified but he's human.

justasportsfan
08-27-2007, 01:07 PM
, but I think wanting him to be attacked and beat down and whatever is taking it to the extreme. .
I agree. They should give him a chance to defend himself by putting him in a cell with another inmate and have them fight like a cage match and the rest can bet on the fight w/ cigarettes. Almost like what he did with the dogs.

Bufftp
08-27-2007, 01:31 PM

GO BILLS!!!!!

I pray he is sincere also. It is not uncommon when we fall to our lowest point that we finally become open to our need for Jesus.

Tatonka
does anyone have a link to his statement?

BuffaloBillsStampede
What a crock of bull**** this idea of being saved and finding jesus is. Sounds more like psycho ramblings to me.

BidsJr
08-27-2007, 01:33 PM
There is not a single verse in the Bible that talks about accepting Christ into his/her heart. It is another man made tradition that Christ himself warned against chastizing the Pharisees for teaching the traditions and commandments of men.

The only way to Heaven is through Christ by obediance to the plan of salvation outlined in the Inspired Word and it has nothing to do with "accepting Jesus into your heart."

Tatonka
08-27-2007, 01:35 PM
nevermind.

Tatonka
08-27-2007, 01:39 PM
i just watched that "apology".

if you guys think that wasnt ****ing scripted, then your all a bunch a ****ing idiots.

unscripted my balls... his agent and momma and lawyer coached the **** out of him before he went up there so he didnt have to look at a piece of paper..

he memorized a basic outline and rolled with his bull**** speech.. accepted christ ... what a ****ing cop out.

have fun getting treated like a dog in a cage.. toolbag.

Tatonka
08-27-2007, 01:40 PM
and boy.. he sure as **** didnt stick around and answering any questions.. he ran out of the room like a .... dog with his tail between his legs.. no pun intended.

HAMMER
08-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Everyone makes mistakes, some to a greater degree. As an animal lover, I despise what Vick did. But everyone deserves another chance, he did not kill a human being. I am a Catholic, we believe in forgiveness, I forgive Michael Vick and hope he gets another chance in the NFL. In the meantime he needs to pay the price.

Tatonka
08-27-2007, 01:42 PM
did jesus tell him to roll on everyone too? to be a rat and a snitch?.. jesus probably spoke to him personally and told him that..

:rofl:

for anyone who wants to find jesus.. just break laws and turn snitch.. apparently that helps one find god.

feldspar
08-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Being an agnostic, I could care less if he accepted Christ. When did this happen, anyway? As soon as he needed a crutch?

Groan away all you Christians.

Philagape
08-27-2007, 02:22 PM
There is not a single verse in the Bible that talks about accepting Christ into his/her heart. It is another man made tradition that Christ himself warned against chastizing the Pharisees for teaching the traditions and commandments of men.

The only way to Heaven is through Christ by obediance to the plan of salvation outlined in the Inspired Word and it has nothing to do with "accepting Jesus into your heart."

I think that's a semantics argument ... one way of summarizing in five words what the Word says in many more. May not be the best way to put it, but it's not a contradiction either.

TigerJ
08-27-2007, 02:28 PM
I recognize there are plenty of so-called jailhouse conversions that are not genuine, but I never say that it can't happen. I hope Michael Vick's was the real deal. I am not in a position to judge, and so I won't. I hope that if it is genuine, he will get his life straightened around and do something positive with it from this point on. He is getting off pretty lightly for what he did. I hope he sees that as God's grace. I do not hope that he can play football again, but if the system grants him that chance, I won't begrudge him of it. It's up to the system to do what it deems fair in terms of his suspension from football.

TigerJ
08-27-2007, 02:38 PM

It's all figurative stuff. We all know that the heart is a pump for blood and that's it. In Revelation 3:20 Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears me and opens the door I will come into him and sup with him and he with me." Jesus was also speaking figuratively. There is no literal door, no literal knocking. He was saying he's waiting for the invitation to be part of our lives. He did say in the Gospel of John that he would be in us. I don't take that figuratively, though I'm not exactly sure what it means. I think the bottom line is that Jesus seeks to be at the seat of our being, our emotions, our self-awareness. From there as we yield to him, he gives guidance and direction and helps us become more Christlike.

TigerJ
08-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Being an agnostic, I could care less if he accepted Christ. When did this happen, anyway? As soon as he needed a crutch?

Groan away all you Christians.

I don't groan people for expressing an honest opinion. Whether or not Michael Vick's alleged new found faith is a crutch is between him and God. For some people it is. For some people it is a whole lot more.

Michael82
08-27-2007, 03:09 PM
He can go **** himself. I hope he never comes back to the NFL again and is banned for life. :mad:

Michael82
08-27-2007, 03:10 PM
EXACTLY!

DynaPaul
08-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Two words: cop out.

Who is advising him now? Jesse Jackson? Al Sharpton? Deion Sanders? Eugene Robinson?

Bmax
08-27-2007, 03:31 PM
It's all figurative stuff. We all know that the heart is a pump for blood and that's it. In Revelation 3:20 Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears me and opens the door I wilcome into him and sup with him and he with me." Jesus was also speaking figuratively. There is no literal door, no literal knocking. He was saying he's waiting for the invitation to be part of our lives. He did say in the Gospel of John that he would be in us. I don't take that figuratively, though I'm not exactly sure what it means. I think the bottom line is that Jesus seeks to be at the seat of our being, our emotions, our self-awareness. From there as we yield to him, he gives guidance and direction and helps us become more Christlike.

Great Post ..The challange that lies ahead for Vick is a great one ...He has a chance to become the man that god has called him to be...If he never plays football again so be it. He could gain the greatest gift a relationship with christ . Something worth a whole lot more than any NFL contract can pay.

I wonder how many of us would react if we lost everything we just about know ?

Our Job , Our Money Our Status, Friends.. Our Freedom...Sure he lost all things and more by his own actions...His decisions were harmful and cruel .But he still deserves foregiveness...I wish him well .. I don't want him on the bills but i got a feeling in two to three years he will playing football again ...Maybe in the CFL at first..

Alex Karras and Paul Hornaug gambled and came back ...Many players have used drug and have come back ...Time will tell if vick will be part of a comeback or will just be another guy who had it all but lost it....

Bmax

feldspar
08-27-2007, 03:35 PM
If you can convice people that you have seen the light and trust in the Lord, you have at least 50% of America in your pocket.

BidsJr
08-27-2007, 03:42 PM
I think that's a semantics argument ... one way of summarizing in five words what the Word says in many more. May not be the best way to put it, but it's not a contradiction either.

I respectfully disagree on this point. Belief without obedience to God's Word is just as vain as unbelief. Luke 8:21 Jesus said my Mother and my Bretheren are these which hear the Word of God and do it.

Believing in Jesus must bring forth repentance and obediance to the form of doctrine outlined in the Gospel and the examples of the 1st century church in the book of Acts.

Accepting Jesus into your heart is never used as an example of salvation in the NT.

BidsJr
08-27-2007, 03:46 PM
It's all figurative stuff. We all know that the heart is a pump for blood and that's it. In Revelation 3:20 Jesus says, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears me and opens the door I wilcome into him and sup with him and he with me." Jesus was also speaking figuratively. There is no literal door, no literal knocking. He was saying he's waiting for the invitation to be part of our lives. He did say in the Gospel of John that he would be in us. I don't take that figuratively, though I'm not exactly sure what it means. I think the bottom line is that Jesus seeks to be at the seat of our being, our emotions, our self-awareness. From there as we yield to him, he gives guidance and direction and helps us become more Christlike.

Not disagreeing that this is figurative. But to take this verse and interprate it to mean, or using it to defend Accepting Jesus into my heart saves my soul, is completley unscriptural.

justasportsfan
08-27-2007, 03:51 PM
just take it from the thief who died beside Christ.

BidsJr
08-27-2007, 04:01 PM
just take it from the thief who died beside Christ.

Well if I could sit next to Jesus right now and ask him to forgive my sins and he could reply to me Verily I say unto thee today thou shalt be with me in paradise, I think I could take comfort in that. But seeing that none of us today had that same opportunity as the Theif, or the adultress, we only have the Word to direct us to forgiveness.

Kinda like a presidential pardon, you can't ask Clinton for a personal pardon anymore either. You have to follow the rules of the land.

The Spaz
08-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Jamie Foxx has decided to be dumb and play the race card in the whole thing.

Foxx defends Vick over dog fighting charges
Actor says QB ‘didn’t read his handbook on what not to do as a black star’

Access Hollywood’s Shaun Robinson recently sat down with Jamie Foxx for a candid talk about Jamie’s new gig, and even a hot button topic from the world of sports: Michael Vick’s dog fighting charges.

Foxx is busy doing his thing on “The Foxxhole,” his weekly show on Sirius Satellite Radio show. And although an incredible LG Beach House in Malibu provides a spectacular summer backdrop, no subject is off-limits with Jamie, as Robinson found out during her stay as a special guest.

“Is he really going to jail?” Foxx asked about Vick.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20414907/

CuseJetsFan83
08-27-2007, 05:08 PM
i watched the presser a few times........

vick was calling it an interview..... but yeah..... im seeing cop out.. and yes im a catholic but seriously......... let him serve his time and see if he stays on the straight and narrow........

in my opinion...... he's out

gr8slayer
08-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Whether you like him or not he, like everyone else deserves a second chance. He will serve his time in prison, likely lose his bonus money, and be judged by god in the end.

CuseJetsFan83
08-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Whether you like him or not he, like everyone else deserves a second chance. He will serve his time in prison, likely lose his bonus money, and be judged by god in the end.

to a point i agree...... my problems with the guilty plea is that its only on dogfighting, he claims nothing to do with the gambling whereas the supposed guilty pleas from the others say he bankrolled the enterprise

that could subject him to rico offenses

gr8slayer
08-27-2007, 05:20 PM
to a point i agree...... my problems with the guilty plea is that its only on dogfighting, he claims nothing to do with the gambling whereas the supposed guilty pleas from the others say he bankrolled the enterprise

that could subject him to rico offenses
He admitted to providing the money for the gambling.

Meathead
08-27-2007, 05:57 PM
I think the bottom line is that Jesus seeks to be at the seat of our being, our emotions, our self-awareness. From there as we yield to him, he gives guidance and direction and helps us become more Christlike.
which would surely make christ, buddha, muhammad, krishna, and lao tzu extremely pleased

Captain gameboy
08-27-2007, 06:06 PM

Agreed.
Except people from Miami or Newport News.

jmb1099
08-27-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm by no means suggesting that he be allowed to play, far from it. Someone that could do the things he did has issues much larger than playing football and needs help.
As far as his level of sincerity is concerned there is no way to know what is truly on his heart, but he did say he would redeem himself and only time will tell if he does or not.

Feldspar... no reason to groan or criticize you for being honest, in fact I respect it. I'm sorry your experience with Christians has led you to believe that we would treat you unkindly because of your belief. That in itself is a shame.

As far as "asking Jesus into your heart" is concerned...maybe Jesus asked the question best when his disciples were telling him who people believed him to be. "Who do YOU say I am?" Jesus asked... it's personal.

As for me personally I love Jesus and I believe Him to be everything He declared Himself to be. I believe in His teachings and example and my life has changed as a result. This doesn't make me better or worse than anyone else, its simply what I've staked my eternity on, how I chose to live, and who I'm going to be.

BAM
08-27-2007, 06:28 PM
I've seen folks much further down the wrong path than Vick become Christians.

I'm not saying I believe him but stranger things have happened.

Either way I hope he learns his lesson and is never allowed to play 'ball again.

Philagape
08-27-2007, 06:58 PM
I respectfully disagree on this point. Belief without obedience to God's Word is just as vain as unbelief. Luke 8:21 Jesus said my Mother and my Bretheren are these which hear the Word of God and do it.

Believing in Jesus must bring forth repentance and obediance to the form of doctrine outlined in the Gospel and the examples of the 1st century church in the book of Acts.

Accepting Jesus into your heart is never used as an example of salvation in the NT.

I agree with all that. To some people, "accepting" also means "submitting," because that's what it's all about. Accepting Jesus means accepting all of His terms, which includes dying to self, and accepting Him as Lord, the absolute authority in your life. Obviously the five words in question are not enough. I'm wary of quickie conversions predicated on speaking any one sentence; discipleship is a lifetime process. It's not about the words we use.

Philagape
08-27-2007, 07:00 PM
I've seen folks much further down the wrong path than Vick become Christians.

There's the example in Scripture of the criminal dying on the cross next to Jesus. If it's sincere, one can repent with their dying breath.

justasportsfan
08-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Well if I could sit next to Jesus right now and ask him to forgive my sins and he could reply to me Verily I say unto thee today thou shalt be with me in paradise, I think I could take comfort in that. But seeing that none of us today had that same opportunity as the Theif, or the adultress, we only have the Word to direct us to forgiveness.

this is exactly why we really shouldn't judge. God is the only who knows what's in Vicks heart.

TigerJ
08-27-2007, 08:34 PM
Not disagreeing that this is figurative. But to take this verse and interprate it to mean, or using it to defend Accepting Jesus into my heart saves my soul, is completley unscriptural.I have always maintained that the core of Christianity is our faith relationship with God through Jesus. If people see "accepting Jesus into their hearts" as a magic formula to "get saved" and there is no impact on the person as evidenced by a transformed pattern of thinking and way of living, then they have misunderstood the Gospel. But if persons have entered into that faith relationship, and it is changing the way they think and act daily, then I don't worry too much about what language they use to describe it.

im4bflo
08-27-2007, 09:26 PM
He may have found the lord, but it's Bubba waiting for him in his cell.
He may show him how the dog's do it. Bubba's beeotch!
Hope he never get's back in the NFL.

feldspar
08-27-2007, 09:44 PM
He may have found the lord, but it's Bubba waiting for him in his cell.
He may show him how the dog's do it. Bubba's beeotch!
Hope he never get's back in the NFL.

Are you saying that Bubba hasn't found the Lord?

Anyway, don't kid yourself. Vick will be totally segregated from the general prison population...and, no, this segregation has nothing to do with race, either.

im4bflo
08-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Are you saying that Bubba hasn't found the Lord?

Anyway, don't kid yourself. Vick will be totally segregated from the general prison population...and, no, this segregation has nothing to do with race, either.

I heard on tv, that he was going to share a cell, and get treated just like the rest, he SHOULD! More special treatment isn't going to teach him a lesson.
Bubba would teach him a lesson. And I think Jesus had a pitbull, not good for Vick.

mikemac2001
08-27-2007, 09:56 PM
haha what a stupid post, who cares what vick is doing or saying ....**** him

O also should i wear his jersey to home opener i want to see the reactions i get

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-27-2007, 10:30 PM
Finding Jesus means zip to me so he can find whatever he wants but he will continue to be a D-BAG!