PDA

View Full Version : Lee Evans

Mahdi
08-27-2007, 11:18 AM
After watching Lee over the past couple of years I have been trying to find a hole in his game but I can't seem to find it. He is IMO by far the best deep threat in the NFL. That was confirmed to me by the catch he made against Tennessee on Friday. He was actually behind Griffin when the ball was in mid-air then suddenly he was long gone with the ball. His speed is insane. That part I guess is obvious...
However Lee also has a stong inside game, he runs crisp routes and his hands are amazing. After all that throw in his class and top-notch character and I personally would not take any WR in the NFL over Lee Evans.

Buckets
08-27-2007, 12:24 PM
:bf1:

Pride
08-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Not yet. When he starts producing over the middle... I'd agree.

For now, he is the best Fly Route receiver in the league.

Until then, I still say Marvin Harrison is #1

Ultra Chimp 1
08-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Lee is great, but he isn't the top deep threat in the leauge.

Chad Johnson or Steve Smith is probably the best deep threat in the NFL.

DraftBoy
08-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Top 5 I think but not tops, like Pride said he needs to produce over the middle. One of the best deep ball guys. Id say Marvin is tops, Steve Smith second, and the its a jumble with Chad Johnson, Lee Evans, and a couple of other guys.

Mahdi
08-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Lee is great, but he isn't the top deep threat in the leauge.

Chad Johnson or Steve Smith is probably the best deep threat in the NFL.
Chad Johnson is amazing also, but when it comes to the deep ball Evans' speed has no match, even Steve Smith.

Mr. Pink
08-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Devery Henderson, with a little work on his hands, might be the best deep threat WR in football. Dude averaged 23.3 yards per reception. I believed he averaged something ridiculous like 48 yards on his 5 TD receptions.

He's just in N.O. where other guys get the headlines.

With Joe Horn gone, Henderson will be taking on a larger role in the offense split out wide opposite Colston. He could have a huge year.

Ultra Chimp 1
08-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Chad Johnson is amazing also, but when it comes to the deep ball Evans' speed has no match, even Steve Smith.

But Smith and Johnson have better hands, and CJ's size combined with his speed is no match for Evans.

Luisito23
08-27-2007, 12:51 PM
I love you Lee!!!!....:drunks:....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

Buckets
08-27-2007, 01:31 PM
But Smith and Johnson have better hands, and CJ's size combined with his speed is no match for Evans.

I didn't know there was a problem with Lee's "hands".

Ultra Chimp 1
08-27-2007, 01:34 PM
I didn't know there was a problem with Lee's "hands".

Didn't say there was.

Ickybaluky
08-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Roy Williams should be entered in this conversaion.

Also, he may not get deep as much, but Andre' Johnson caught over 100 passes last year.

Ultra Chimp 1
08-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Same with Reggie Wayne.

Mahdi
08-27-2007, 02:14 PM
Same with Reggie Wayne.
Reggie Wayne great no doubt... but im talking about all-around... and Reggie is not a deep threat.

feldspar
08-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Another year or two like last year and I'll agree that Lee Evans should have his ass kissed repeatedly. The truth is that Evans and Peerless Price pretty much had identical careers early on. Take away Price's first season where he didn't play much, and his next three years match up to Evans' three years almost identically.

Not me, but a lot of people on these boards now have a hard time accepting Price as a second WR. Right now, I consider Evans as potentially one of the best, but if he does what he did last year again, I won't have that shadow of a question about it.

I do like him a lot, though, and I expect him to be awesome this year.