PDA

View Full Version : Start Trent Edwards against Detroit

The Answer
08-27-2007, 04:40 PM
We need to get the young gun ready in case Losman falters or we end up being a real bad team this year - Both scenarios are plausible at this point.

The young gun has looked great so far in preseason and lived up to billing thus far. The Answer needs to see what he can do against a starting defense, and The Answer has chills up his spine thinking about him airing it downfield to Evans and Price.

Just like the late Bill Walsh on his deathbed, The Answer had visions of Trent Edwards being the next elite QB in this league. Also not to thump on the chest - but The Answer tried telling people all along that he had this kid graded as a mid 1st rounder on his draft board and was getting rave reviews from his sources regarding Edwards minicamp play and offseason workouts.

~The Answer

Kudos to Levy for striking gold in the 3rd round.

RockStar36
08-27-2007, 04:46 PM

evol4276
08-27-2007, 05:03 PM
hey trent edwards 1.0 is back. and no we shuldnt start him. if jp is faultering, wouldnt we wanna have him in for more play to work the kinks out?? thats all im sayin. there is no need to start him. it takes a little to get back to your best form. playing, what, maybe a full 3.5 quarters of football so far this year isnt a whole lot to shake out the dust IMO

patmoran2006
08-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Free entertainment is back.

Good things

The Answer
08-27-2007, 05:07 PM
hey trent edwards 1.0 is back. and no we shuldnt start him. if jp is faultering, wouldnt we wanna have him in for more play to work the kinks out?? cmon now

He's already taken the #2 job away from Nall Ball - and the young gun is just getting his NFL career starter.

Losman better hope he plays lights out to start the season because the young gun is going to force the coaching staffs hand sooner than later. You simply cannot let such a raw talent like this ride the bench. I could see if Peyton Manning or Tom Brady was ahead of him on the depth chart, but thankfully Edwards will have a clear path to the starting job in 2007.

evol4276
08-27-2007, 05:12 PM
He's already taken the #2 job away from Nall Ball - and the young gun is just getting his NFL career starter.

Losman better hope he plays lights out to start the season because the young gun is going to force the coaching staffs hand sooner than later. You simply cannot let such a raw talent like this ride the bench. I could see if Peyton Manning or Tom Brady was ahead of him on the depth chart, but thankfully Edwards will have a clear path to the starting job in 2007. im glad the young guy has taken it from Nall cuz ever since last year ive kinda started disliking Nall's semi-****ty attitude towards getting hurt in practice and missing his chance to be starter. that said, i have no non-faith in JP. The last half of last year shows more to me than a little time hes played in preseason this year,

gil
08-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Free entertainment is back.

Good things

yeah, I was just wondering about him today when I saw the Holcomb trade - I guess the wily veteran didn't beat out McNabb.

jamesiscool
08-27-2007, 05:37 PM
man hey my favortie poster.

not to bring up the past but remember when i said holcomb was camp fodder?

score one for the good guys.
James: 1
Answer: 0

RockStar36
08-27-2007, 06:08 PM
He's already taken the #2 job away from Nall Ball .

Oh boy, that's something to be impressed with.

SquishDaFish
08-27-2007, 06:15 PM
Man hes back

jamesiscool
08-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Man hes back

thank god.

i missed his ridiculous posts that made no sense.

justasportsfan
08-27-2007, 07:35 PM
We need to get the young gun ready in case Losman falters or we end up being a real bad team this year - Both scenarios are plausible at this point.

The young gun has looked great so far in preseason and lived up to billing thus far. The Answer needs to see what he can do against a starting defense, and The Answer has chills up his spine thinking about him airing it downfield to Evans and Price.

Just like the late Bill Walsh on his deathbed, The Answer had visions of Trent Edwards being the next elite QB in this league. Also not to thump on the chest - but The Answer tried telling people all along that he had this kid graded as a mid 1st rounder on his draft board and was getting rave reviews from his sources regarding Edwards minicamp play and offseason workouts.

~The Answer

I was hoping we'd take back Kelly "Cannon Arm ,Deep Threat " Holcomb. The guy who is going to unseat McNabb. Oh wait....

SABURZFAN
08-27-2007, 08:59 PM

~The Answer

did you see Holcombe get traded today?he's more valuable than people think.

Typ0
08-27-2007, 09:01 PM
I think we should give Losman another three seasons to prove himself.

hammerbillsfan
08-27-2007, 09:02 PM
bring back paladin warrior and we'll be all set!

HHURRICANE
08-27-2007, 09:02 PM
The Answer has chills up his spine thinking about him airing it downfield to Evans and Price.

~The Answer

Gaydar level is super high!!!

feldspar
08-27-2007, 09:15 PM
The Answer shouldn't refer to himself the way Bob Dole refers to himself.

Bob Dole thinks Bob Dole is hungry.

Bob dole will by some food for Bob Dole so Bob Dole can eat.

Afterwards, Bob Dole will squat on Bob Dole's toilet and let loose Bob Dole's tension.

YardRat
08-27-2007, 09:16 PM
I'd like to see how Edwards performs with the rest of the starters myself, actually. Give Losman the first couple of series, then put Edwards in for one or two with the first-string line. Pull Evans and Lynch when you pull Losman, though.

TacklingDummy
08-27-2007, 10:52 PM
I think we should give Losman another three seasons to prove himself.

Drunk again?

ibatiger
08-27-2007, 10:56 PM

Losman better hope he plays lights out to start the season because the young gun is going to force the coaching staffs hand sooner than later. You simply cannot let such a raw talent like this ride the bench. I could see if Peyton Manning or Tom Brady was ahead of him on the depth chart, but thankfully Edwards will have a clear path to the starting job in 2007.

Well, he hasn't taken anything away from anybody with what he is doing so far. He may have something handed to him, but he hasn't earned anything. And if you think he is ready to run this offense you are delusional. They may hand him the no. 2 job but if Losman gets hurt it'll be about one quarter of ball before Nall is the QB.

ibatiger
08-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Oh boy, that's something to be impressed with.

It would be if it had actually happened. But it didn't and won't. Now, on the otherhand they can hand him the job, which is what will have to happen as he plays like he knows about a fourth of the offense at best. That's nothing to be ashamed of as he is about where any rookie would be. Pretty much lost other than the two yard dump off.

deepslant
08-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Edwards will be #2 by Friday. Nall has a noodle arm and lacks mobility so he's a perfect #3.

mikemac2001
08-27-2007, 11:46 PM
The Answer

your mom turned the internet back on?