PDA

View Full Version : Looks Since Friday Night, Fires Under Butts Have Been Lit

raphael120
08-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Maybe it was a good thing we were so horrid Friday.

Maybe it's good that the coaches are now pushing the team even harder, even though one has to question why they didn't do it from the beginning...

I think "Club Jauron" has yielded minimal results, and the only thing I've seen is an overall apathetic attitude towards playing.

Hopefully this past Saturday has smacked the team into reality that this isn't going to be something that we can just shrug off if we play wrong but serious stuff is going to go down if this team is worse than last year, and I think Dick and the coaching staff realizes what the fanbase will think if this team regresses. Bills fans will lose patience pretty damn fast if we play the way we played this preseason.

I'm tired of hearing JP with his "Oh well it's vanilla, its' going to be all good ya'll". Dude...you realize your job is on the line this season. Where is the urgency? And hearing Jauron anymore is reminding me of how Mularkey was...just very softspoken, no fire, no nothing. What is it going to take to have a coach that kicks the teams ass if they play like that. If I were Dick, I would be embarrassed that I put that load of crap out on the field Friday. I wouldn't be up there behind the podium rubbin my arm and forehead and talkin soft and bein like "Well...we just need to get better." NO ****in ****, Dick.

I know Dick is nice, even tempered, and everyone seems to get along with him...but is that really important? I think outsmarting the opposing teams coach is the most important...and can you tell me one game where it seems our coach outsmarted the other coach? Like...literally dominated the other coach? Figured him out, knew what he was doing and knew how to counter it, and counter it well. I can't really think of anything. We contained the Colts, but that only went so far. I honestly can't think of a game where, FUNDAMENTALLY, we beat the other team. Big plays will only get us so far...and big pass plays where the only thing that got us points Friday.

I want to see some fire on this team, I want to see physical play.

I want to see a so called "blue collar" football team friggen play like one.

Typ0
08-27-2007, 08:23 PM
Amen. I'll be the first to sing praise when I see something praise worthy.

raphael120
08-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Amen. I'll be the first to sing praise when I see something praise worthy.

EXACTLY!

Some people are commenting "I'm sick of the negativity."

Do they even think about WHY things are so negative???

Once the negativity stops on the football field, it'll stop on the boards.

Typ0
08-27-2007, 08:35 PM
EXACTLY!

Some people are commenting "I'm sick of the negativity."

Do they even think about WHY things are so negative???

Once the negativity stops on the football field, it'll stop on the boards.

at least get things headed in the right direction. I feel like we have a bunch of bumbling idiots from the owner down to the guy who cleans the toilets in the stadium. "In Marv we trust". How can we trust a guy who doesn't understand the salary cap or know the names of the players on the squad? And then people say we have the right guy because he's just supposed to delegate.

Find me a GM in any professional sport Baseball, Basketball, Hockey or Football that doesn't understand the financial aspects of the league. OK, you don't have to look any further than OBD but how about another one please!!!! Something good had better happen because I really think we are witnessing the final stages of the dying breed of "old school" philosophies in sports...and we are a laughing stock in the process because we are resistant to change and can't keep up.

justasportsfan
08-27-2007, 08:55 PM
this was failing forward. If there are any weaknesses , you want them to manifest in preseason so they can be ironed out before the 1st regular season game where it finally counts.

raphael120
08-27-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm more pissed at Ralph than I am at anyone.

He put Marv in a bad situation. A situation where he's given very little opportunity to succeed. Yet the world is expected of Marv. Why else would you hire a ZERO experience GM when your franchise has been in turmoil for 7 years? Why? Because it's Marv. "In Marv We Trust". This is exactly what Ralph wants. He knows he can manipulate the fans with Marv at the head of things. Marv could do the dumbest thing in the world and he'd get a pass for it. You know why? Because he's Marv! He's a Hall of Fame coach and a great guy, but so far, he's not doing too well with the GM business. But he won't be fired, and I don't think anyone would call for his firing either. He's Marv Fricken Levy. If ever there was Pope of a football team, it would be Marv. He's the figure head, he's the face of the Bills in the best time of Bills history. And this is exactly why he was hired. Makes Ralph look good. But as much as you want to blame failures on the revolving door that has been many of the coaching positions, it ultimately comes down to a clueless owner.

I think I finally came to the conclusion why Ralph never sold the Bills and kept the Bills in Buffalo, or even moved. He's too damn stubborn. You think he'd admit to a failing franchise? He's got it easy! If he ever pulled the crap he has, some of the decisions he's made in the past...in a big market city, he'd be screwed! But since Buffalo is so starved for sports, clinging onto 4 good years out of 40-something, he knows how to manipulate people. Every single offseason there's been hollow moves made, moves made only to fill the seats by the big names or big moves. Do we know Dockery is good because we've watched him play in Washington...or do we just assume he's good because of all the money we threw at him? Same with Walker.

Do we know Marv is a good GM because of the great moves he's made? Or do we just assume he is because he's an untouchable in the Bills organization?

Do we know Jauron is a good coach? Or do we just assume because he was chosen by Marv.

It's just a big string of empty promises and short term optimism. Give them credit though, they've made enough noise in the offseason to get fan support relatively up. But it seems like the only noise they make is in the offseason.

When will we let what we do in regular season and playoffs dictate fan support and ticket sales, and not just offseason puppet games?

raphael120
08-27-2007, 08:58 PM
this was failing forward. If there are any weaknesses , you want them to manifest in preseason so they can be ironed out before the 1st regular season game where it finally counts.
this is what I am hoping.

Bone
08-27-2007, 11:43 PM
All I know is Jason Webster is going to get man handled by Calvin.

raphael120
08-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Post groaned at by: <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: post_groan_box_bit --> Elminster (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=7827) (Today)

Yeah, groan the post but don't have the balls to debate the topic. Typical homer.

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm more pissed at Ralph than I am at anyone.

He put Marv in a bad situation.

I think Ralph is one of the worst owners when it comes to football decisions but Marv knew what he was gettng into. I'm not pissed at anyone. Marv's done a MARVelous job in his first year.

raphael120
08-28-2007, 09:55 AM
I think Ralph is one of the worst owners when it comes to football decisions but Marv knew what he was gettng into. I'm not pissed at anyone. Marv's done a MARVelous job in his first year.

Marv did know what he was getting into, but at the same time, how could he turn down this opportunity? I'm sure he was bored of Mrs. Marv naggin him all the time and he wanted to do something with his life other than play bingo.

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Marv did know what he was getting into, but at the same time, how could he turn down this opportunity? I'm sure he was bored of Mrs. Marv naggin him all the time and he wanted to do something with his life other than play bingo.
I'm more comfortable with Marv as a GM than a coach which is what he originally wanted to be

raphael120
08-28-2007, 10:20 AM
I'm more comfortable with Marv as a GM than a coach which is what he originally wanted to be

So youre more comfortable with him being a GM...where he has absolutely no experience...than a head coach...where he brought us to 4 straight superbowls?

Does anyone else see anything wrong with this?

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 10:23 AM
So youre more comfortable with him being a GM...where he has absolutely no experience...than a head coach...where he brought us to 4 straight superbowls?

Does anyone else see anything wrong with this?in his inexperience he's already surpassed Polian and other great GM's in their first year. You're ready to judge him after 1 season and 2 preseasons. Let me quote someone ...

Does anyone else see anything wrong with this?

raphael120
08-28-2007, 10:28 AM
in his inexperience he's already surpassed Polian and other great GM's in their first year.

How the **** do you figure THAT? I thought it's "too early" to judge a GM on the first year.

Op is right, you are a hypocrite.

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 10:32 AM
How the **** do you figure THAT? I thought it's "too early" to judge a GM on the first year.

Op is right, you are a hypocrite.I was comparing first year records...DUH!
what was Polians record in his first year with the colts?

What was BB record Bellichick in his first year with the Pats?

I don't care about what Op thinks of me. The facts are there.

raphael120
08-28-2007, 11:06 AM
I was comparing first year records...DUH!
what was Polians record in his first year with the colts?

What was BB record Bellichick in his first year with the Pats?

I don't care about what Op thinks of me. The facts are there.

I don't care what their record was, they're proven great GM's and teams.

Polian was 3-13 first year, and second year he was 13-3. You saying Marv is going to be better than Polian..so we should be, what, 14-2 this year?

Your comparisons are apples to wax fruit. Marv is not Polian, JP is not Peyton Manning. Jauron is not Bill Bellichick. WAKE UP!

Wys Guy
08-28-2007, 11:24 AM
Maybe it was a good thing we were so horrid Friday.

Maybe it's good that the coaches are now pushing the team even harder, even though one has to question why they didn't do it from the beginning...

Unfortunately it has nothing to do with desire, something to do with coaching, in fact quite a bit to do with coaching, but the biggest factors in our SUCKING hind teat is a sorry lack of TALENT.

With good coaching this might be a 7-8 win team with the talent we have.

The pathetic way that this franchise runs its personnel department from scouting down to the guys that run FAcy is so incredibly sorry that it makes one wonder why those guys even get paid. All they do is to regurgitate scout's talking points on players and then make their moves accordingly. In the instances where they do ignore what the same scouts and other league-wide personnel say, what they ignore is statements that players suck usually with the gratuitous "we see something" BS immediately following it.

Yeah, well most of you are starting to see what they see, and it's pretty apparent that they're either terminally myopic or just flat out blind.

Talent baby! We don't have any.

Vive La Marv!!!

Hip Hip HOORAY!!!

Cue: Time for a collective passing of the gas.

Wys Guy
08-28-2007, 11:25 AM
Oh, pardon me, ...

... BILL-ieve!

When's the annual preseason Kumbaya party!

;)

raphael120
08-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Biggest blunder in Bills history...

Sure...Donadope is gone. But guess who is still here.

John Guy. Pro player personnel.

That's right, the same guy that gave you Mike Williams, Tutan Reyes, Villareal, Bennie Anderson, etc...

The guy evaluating and scouting is the SAME DUDE FROM DONAHOE ERA!

No wonder we still suck at FA and the draft.

Wys Guy
08-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Don't forget Tom Modrak.

He got a hero's welcome right here when the Dope hired him too. He's still around.

Either way and no matter how you slice it, Levy's still at fault for most of it. He had an opportunity to look things over and make changes and opted not to.

SABuffalo786
08-28-2007, 07:49 PM
No wonder we still suck at FA and the draft.

I think we can all agree we've had pretty decent drafts the last few years.

Earthquake Enyart
08-28-2007, 07:54 PM
I think we can all agree we've had pretty decent drafts the last few years.
I concur. Marv has done ok drafting. The FA's leave something to be desired....

Oaf
08-28-2007, 08:01 PM
You want ass kicking? Hire Gregg Williams.
Or Bill Cower I suppose..

Confused
08-28-2007, 08:03 PM
All I know is Jason Webster is going to get man handled by Calvin.

yep. If we have resigned ourselves to a poopy cb corps, why not cut that chump webster and give youboty a season to learn like we did with whitner? What do we really stand to lose? webster cant cover crap. that and we shoulda bought asante samuel just to piss nate off........oh that would have been great.
go bills!!!!! my heart is with them but I wont bet on them this year.

raphael120
08-28-2007, 09:03 PM
I concur. Marv has done ok drafting. The FA's leave something to be desired....

Again, that remains to be seen.

It's not hard to draft a good player in the first couple rounds, Whitner seems like he's doing well, Ko Simpson, jury is still out on him but so far he seems solid. Reports are saying Kyle Williams doesn't look as dominant as he was last year, and jury is still out on McCargo...but so far, he's shown very little. Ellison, I really think is going to show why he was a 6th rounder, and Pennington...well..he's no more than depth. We would not have signed all of our draftees if it wasn't for the fact that our roster is so depleted talent-wise. When all of our draftees have UDFA's as competition, nine times out of ten, any 7th rounder is going to beat out some guy who works out at a college and tried out for the Bills.

I wont be suprised if sometime this year, Coy Wire replaces Ellison. Crowell will be no more of a gamebreaker than Jeff Posey. And I feel like Walker is going to be the second coming of Mike Williams.

When your team is in need of such good talent, hitting and missing so often in free agency is unacceptable. None of the FA's we signed last year will make any impact whatsoever, the ones that DIDNT get cut this season are just good enough to beat out our plethera of 5th-7th rounders that back them up.

Most of our starters on our team would be depth on many other teams in the league. The only way we can get by is if everyone plays and executes very well. And thus far in preseason, that's far from reality.

I know Jauron is well known for getting a team to rally, but I think this is the year to see how far this jalopy of a football team can take us.

raphael120
08-28-2007, 09:03 PM
You want ass kicking? Hire Gregg Williams.
Or Bill Cower I suppose..
I'd take Bill Cowher in a heartbeat.

BillsFever21
08-29-2007, 01:26 AM

Op is right, you are a hypocrite.

:clap: Too funny.

It's too early to determine if Marv is a failure but it isn't too early to proclaim him better then Polian and Butler after his first season. If you can't determine anything after one season then how the hell can you call him better then Polian?

This is the craziest statement I have ever heard. Proclaiming Marv better then one of the best GM's in this era of football. How is this? Because of his great contract to Kelsay and Walker? Because of some draft picks you know nothing about?

So we won more games in the first year. They didn't have any talent on their team their first year. Since Marv is better then Polian we will win at least 13 games this year.