PDA

View Full Version : Bills still hopeful on Adams!

Gunzlingr
03-21-2003, 08:16 AM
Bills | Agent Still Hopeful On Adams - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
5:51 PT: The Democrat and Chronicle reports agent Angelo Wright said on Thursday he was hopeful a deal could still be worked out with free agent DT Sam Adams (Raiders) and the Buffalo Bills. From earlier reports, the Minnesota Vikings could be in the mix soon.

I hate Vikings, let's get this done!

Pride
03-21-2003, 08:38 AM
I would love to see what Adams is requesting

BillsNYC
03-21-2003, 08:41 AM
This angers me....cuz it means that TD will for the first time cave in on a bluff. If he offers more money he will be caving in and will go against his own words "i will not get into a bidding war".

TedMock
03-21-2003, 08:54 AM
I don't think we should break the bank on Adams either but what we offered him was pretty poor. Incentive contracts are great in theory but if he blows out a knee in preseason.. I don't blame TD for giving it a shot but I don't blame Adams for not accepting it either.

BillsNYC
03-21-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
I don't think we should break the bank on Adams either but what we offered him was pretty poor. Incentive contracts are great in theory but if he blows out a knee in preseason.. I don't blame TD for giving it a shot but I don't blame Adams for not accepting it either.

i concur....i hope that this is all part of TD's "master plan"

:fly:

The Spaz
03-21-2003, 09:27 AM
Yeah you know who could live on 2 million dollars for a season! Go Bills!

Buffarama
03-21-2003, 09:39 AM
C'mon we offered a kicker a 2 million bonus almost. That's a slap in the face.
I'm all for the incentives over the base salary, but a little umph in the signing bonus is needed.

Mr. Miyagi
03-21-2003, 09:44 AM
Imagine if Adams does sign with us. Those who called him "fat" and "selfish" and "useless" and "old" and "damaged goods", myself included, right after his first refusal to sign with us, will feel really stupid.

TedMock
03-21-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Yeah you know who could live on 2 million dollars for a season! Go Bills!

I'm not disputing that at all but that's not what it's really about. I don't agree with the way sports salaries have gone but that's the way it is. In comparison to others, that contract was a big time low ball. Like I said, don't break the bank. Like him or not, he's a pro bowler who's been to superbowls. He has the right to demand a little more than those who don't have his credentials.

The Spaz
03-21-2003, 09:59 AM
It might be the way it is but you don't have to like it. Besides Lindell is younger has upside has had no known injuries his production has gone up. That's the difference between Lindell and Adams producion from year to year. Go Bills!

TedMock
03-21-2003, 10:09 AM
I agree with that. Hollis tried pulling the same thing but kickers just don't have as much pull. I'd like to see Adams here or someone like him. That way we could draft DL depth or a free safety or a strong who can play free. A young DL could only be helped by learning behind PW and SA. I know you don't like the way people generalize the word safety. But, when I suggest a strong safety, I'm talking a play maker who can make the transition. I actually attempted to play both positions in college and found out quick that I was definately not a free safety. Some guy can do it.

Tatonka
03-21-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Imagine if Adams does sign with us. Those who called him "fat" and "selfish" and "useless" and "old" and "damaged goods", myself included, right after his first refusal to sign with us, will feel really stupid.

no comment. ;)

kgun12
03-21-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by BillsNYC
This angers me....cuz it means that TD will for the first time cave in on a bluff. If he offers more money he will be caving in and will go against his own words "i will not get into a bidding war".

A bidding war means more than one team is bidding, thats not the case. What TD was low ball Sam to see where the low point is, than we come up from that point enough to make it look like we really care. If we sign him we will not have broken the bank.

THATHURMANATOR
03-21-2003, 02:15 PM
It wouldn't necessarily mean that TD caves in just that he bid low then comes back with reasonable deal. I would be all for that.

Romes
03-21-2003, 02:17 PM
To me this doesn't sound like the Bills are hopeful but that Adam's agent was hopeful. There is a big difference.

Hollis, too, was hopeful they could get something worked out with the Bills, but TD went somewhere else. I see the same happening with Adams.

Buffarama
03-21-2003, 02:22 PM
Adams agent is in danger of getting axed after two years of botching Sams career. So I would imagine he is hopeful and trying very hard to get Sam in Buffalo.

Mr. Miyagi
03-21-2003, 04:14 PM
But I thought Ralph himself said there was no room for negotiation. Maybe he's just covering for TD's "master plan." But who's working for whom here?