PDA

View Full Version : Jemaine Wiggens

Bulldog
08-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Jermaine Wiggins got cut today by the Jags. Think the Bills will give him a look? At this point I don't see what it could hurt. Everett sucks balls and all the rest of the TE's are either average or well below average. He did have some pretty good years in Minnesota.

The King
08-27-2007, 09:22 PM
I like Wiggy

DraftBoy
08-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Good blocker and a dangerous receiver if ignored, not a bad idea. Not the uber athletic guy that most teams are going to but not a bad option either.

Bulldog
08-27-2007, 09:37 PM
Good blocker and a dangerous receiver if ignored, not a bad idea. Not the uber athletic guy that most teams are going to but not a bad option either.

I would venture to guess that he would be an upgrade to what Buffalo currently has on the roster.

jamesiscool
08-27-2007, 09:47 PM
wiggins wiuld be the best TE we've had in years.

and he's proven, none of this "he's underrated as a reciever" bull ****.

he's established and i would love him here.

for the right price.

Mad Max
08-27-2007, 10:06 PM
he's got heart, hands, can play ST, and the "I get no respect" chip, all good qualities

Scumbag College
08-27-2007, 10:09 PM
What do we need another TE for? Look at these stats in three preseason games:

Kevin Everett
1 rec. 4 yds.

Robert Royal
1 rec. -2 yds.

Awesome!!!!!!!

Honestly, would ANYONE be worse than what we have at TE?

evol4276
08-27-2007, 10:54 PM
he's a freakin fat blocker. we have a lot of blocking te's tho he has been on some superbowl teams and has had some success recieving

Ickybaluky
08-28-2007, 05:47 AM
I wouldn't say he is a great blocker, but he will put in the effort. He is a great lockerroom guy and popular teammate.

Wiggins can definitely help someone. He isn't terribly fast, but can get open in the short zones and has great hands. He averaged 62 receptions a year the last 3 seasons in Minnesota and makes big catches to keep the chains moving. He wont' threaten downfield, but he would be a great security blanket for Losman.

Typ0
08-28-2007, 06:49 AM
just what we need...Jaguars cast offs.

BlackMetalNinja
08-28-2007, 07:22 AM
I wouldn't say he is a great blocker, but he will put in the effort. He is a great lockerroom guy and popular teammate.

Wiggins can definitely help someone. He isn't terribly fast, but can get open in the short zones and has great hands. He averaged 62 receptions a year the last 3 seasons in Minnesota and makes big catches to keep the chains moving. He wont' threaten downfield, but he would be a great security blanket for Losman.

That's about 50 more receptions a year than any of our tight ends...

Bulldog
08-28-2007, 07:23 AM
just what we need...Jaguars cast offs.

Just what we need, a TE who can actually contribute in the passing game. What a novel concept.

Bulldog
08-28-2007, 07:25 AM
That's about 50 more receptions a year than any of our tight ends...

Bingo!

bigbub2352
08-28-2007, 08:22 AM
I dont see a downside here, he is better than all our reserves, by far, at least a recieving, he can also play ST and is a hard nose player, he isnt that old yet and he would be a nice compliment to Royal's blocking ability, i would be surprised if we give Everett another year he has sucked all preseason, and Matt Murphy is terrible, and Nuefeld is stiff, he need to do something at TE, Reimersma is the last TE with any recieving ability he had since good ole 88

The King
08-28-2007, 08:34 AM

He's actually terribly slow, the guy is super clutch on 3rd down.

Mr. Pink
08-28-2007, 08:41 AM
The Jags cut him because he's old and slow. On top of the fact they drafted a TE last year. He's a reliable safety valve over the middle though. Which is something that could exponentially help our offense.

Our best defense this year might be our offense sustaining lengthy time consuming drives. A player like Wiggins can help facilitate that. While he's not gonna bust any 20+ yard receptions...he should be good for 5-7 yard pickups over the middle.

Cut Royal today and give Wiggins a contract.

FlyingDutchman
08-28-2007, 08:46 AM
IMO hes just like Moss when he played with Culpepper. That group had great numbers bc they were with each other. Wiggens would probably be an upgrade from the garbage we have, but I wouldnt expect him to come in and light it up.

Ickybaluky
08-28-2007, 08:51 AM
He's actually terribly slow, the guy is super clutch on 3rd down.

Yeah, but he is from Eastie and proud of it!