PDA

View Full Version : VICK/OJ SIMPSON

im4bflo
08-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Now I'm not comparing the crimes...
but the loss of a hero.
I think the falcon fans are going through what we're going through with OJ.
You got this great player, that makes everyone proud, and everyone wears his jersey, and he's representing your team, he gives the team respect, and you can brag about him, and he's your hero, and then he goes out and does something so stupid, and destroys everything.
Is this a close simularity?

duhbilz
08-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Now I'm not comparing the crimes...
but the loss of a hero.
I think the falcon fans are going through what we're going through with OJ.
You got this great player, that makes everyone proud, and everyone wears his jersey, and he's representing your team, he gives the team respect, and you can brag about him, and he's your hero, and then he goes out and does something so stupid, and destroys everything.
Is this a close simularity?

I guess.

TacklingDummy
08-27-2007, 10:54 PM
People cared more about the dogs getting killed then Ron and Nicole.

mikemac2001
08-27-2007, 11:01 PM

best post you have ever made

honestly it is so true

The King
08-27-2007, 11:16 PM
not to mention Vick has been an ass for a while now.

North_Coast
08-28-2007, 09:02 AM

Actually, that's not true. The distance in time has just made it seem that way -- and the poor case that the LA DA's office put together allowed Simpson's expensive legal eagles to get him acquitted. Despite his acquittal, I think most people assume he did it, and aside from a few OJ supporters, nobody's cheered for OJ since.

blackonyx89
08-28-2007, 09:18 AM

Funny,I said that dogs are valued more than humans and some yahoo said that it was the worse post ever. Thanks for validating my post.

TacklingDummy
08-28-2007, 09:24 AM
Funny,I said that dogs are valued more than humans and some yahoo said that it was the worse post ever. Thanks for validating my post.

TacklingDummy validating something. Now that's funny.

:snicker:

Valerie
08-28-2007, 10:08 AM
I am probably the biggest animal lover on the board and I still hate OJ a million times more than Vick! What OJ did to Nicole and Ron was despicable and disgusting! The sad thing between the two is Vick was caught and will hopefully serve time in jail. OJ got away with a cold blooded murder and he is a free man! He will get his in HELL when he's burning for eternity!

OpIv37
08-28-2007, 10:11 AM

where do people keep getting this crap from? I keep hearing about how everyone supposedly cares so much more about dogs than humans- where's the evidence of this?

Dogfighting is against the law and it turns dogs into vicious killing machines. Brutally killing animals is against the law. Running underground gambling rings across state lines is against the law.

Vick broke all kinds of laws. So what if OJ did something worse? Vick still deserves to be punished and punished severely.

TacklingDummy
08-28-2007, 10:31 AM
I am probably the biggest animal lover on the board and I still hate OJ a million times more than Vick! What OJ did to Nicole and Ron was despicable and disgusting! The sad thing between the two is Vick was caught and will hopefully serve time in jail. OJ got away with a cold blooded murder and he is a free man! He will get his in HELL when he's burning for eternity!

How long was OJ in jail for during his trail?

TacklingDummy
08-28-2007, 10:33 AM
where do people keep getting this crap from? I keep hearing about how everyone supposedly cares so much more about dogs than humans- where's the evidence of this?

Dogfighting is against the law and it turns dogs into vicious killing machines. Brutally killing animals is against the law. Running underground gambling rings across state lines is against the law.

Vick broke all kinds of laws. So what if OJ did something worse? Vick still deserves to be punished and punished severely.

How many threads just on here have been started about Vick and dog fighting?

blackonyx89
08-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Too Many!!! And it won't be the end of this until he goes to jail.

Valerie
08-28-2007, 10:46 AM
How long was OJ in jail for during his trail?
I don't think he EVER went to jail...bastard! But I honestly can't remember. All I know is he freaking got away with MURDER!! And it makes me physically sick!

Off this topic a bit, I am disgusted at Ron Goldman's family for buying the rights to OJ's "If I Did It" book. Seriously. WTF are they thinking?!?!?!? I don't care how much money they can make off the sales, it's disgusting they would prostitute their deceased son to make some money. Ugh! Please don't get me started on OJ.

TacklingDummy
08-28-2007, 11:27 AM
I don't think he EVER went to jail...bastard! But I honestly can't remember. All I know is he freaking got away with MURDER!! And it makes me physically sick!

Off this topic a bit, I am disgusted at Ron Goldman's family for buying the rights to OJ's "If I Did It" book. Seriously. WTF are they thinking?!?!?!? I don't care how much money they can make off the sales, it's disgusting they would prostitute their deceased son to make some money. Ugh! Please don't get me started on OJ.

He was in jail the whole time the trail was going on. Obviously not long enough.

Did they buy the rights or were they given to them? I know OJ owes them a bunch of money. I thought that was why they were given the rights to the book.

Valerie
08-28-2007, 11:30 AM
I really don't know, Tackling. But, whatever they did is just plain WRONG! That book should NOT be sold! I don't give a damn how much money OJ owes them. They are prostituting their son, who all the money in the freaking world won't bring back, to make a few bucks?!?!?! I used to have respect for both the Nicole family and the Goldman family. The Goldman family sickens me at this point. I think I heard that Nicole's sister and family are going to try and stop the book from being published. They are rightfully disgusted too!

im4bflo
08-28-2007, 08:18 PM
It's very strange, that people will look past something terrible someone has done, just because they're a great athlete.
I don't think Vick should play in an NFL he's tarnished, and has LIED to, even though he say's "sorry".
And living in LA area, Kobe Bryant has commited adultry at the least, it was a rape
case. And everybody looked past it, they just wanted to watch him play ball.
If athlete's and celebrity's commit a crime, they should be treated the same as Joe Shmoe.

YardRat
08-28-2007, 08:32 PM
The biggest difference between the two is the timing of the alleged crime relative to their football career. When OJ was on trial, to many Bill's fans he was simply a part of their history...They never witnessed him actually play the game. OJ's deal affected fans differently, dependant on their age. Falcon fans can't say the same because they're all getting hit at the same time.

im4bflo
08-28-2007, 09:31 PM
The biggest difference between the two is the timing of the alleged crime relative to their football career. When OJ was on trial, to many Bill's fans he was simply a part of their history...They never witnessed him actually play the game. OJ's deal affected fans differently, dependant on their age. Falcon fans can't say the same because they're all getting hit at the same time.

That's true, I keep forgetting I'm one of the :fogey: on a younger majority board.
Please keep this in mind fellow fans, when I'm throwing my :2cents: around.
I do remember the JUICE, and have a LOT of his merch in my collection, but now it sit's in boxes.

patmoran2006
08-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Bad comparison.

It would be valid if OJ committed those murders WHILE he was still our franchise player.

im4bflo
08-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Bad comparison.

It would be valid if OJ committed those murders WHILE he was still our franchise player.

That's right also, he really was an EX-FORTY NINER.
It's losing an ex-hero, that hurts.