X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wally The Barber
    • Jul 2007

Players ears are ringing after poor performance

I watched the game over and over this weekend and I refuse to over react because the team played like garbage last week.
    I will be concerned if they do it again Thursday night!

Last edited by Wally The Barber; 08-28-2007, 07:59 AM.
    Beware of Sarcasm
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Players ears are ringing after poor performance

broken foot, concussion, stomach problems...
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Wally The Barber
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Wally
      I watched the game over and over this weekend and I am sure most of the problems are correctable and I am glad the players are hearing about it from the coaches!

I am starting to worry about the CB position as Kawalkee Thomas, Terence McGee are injured and Webster has always had injury problems!

Ahhhhh Marv ?

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bi...ry/150155.html
      Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

I know it is preseason but I am getting a little nervous about the Bills overall play and the too frequent "correctable" mistakes. While I see many teams showing progress in preseason and I know everyone keeps it vanilla in the preseason but it just seems to keep seeing the Bills stuck in neutral and do not see much improvement from game one to game three. I am wondering if Jauron is being too soft on these guys. I wish the OL would gel more even if Preston is in there and they would do a better job defensively.
        Since it is pre-season I am not panicking but I am not going into the season with feeling good about how the pre-season went.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by don137
          I know it is preseason but I am getting a little nervous about the Bills overall play and the too frequent "correctable" mistakes. While I see many teams showing progress in preseason and I know everyone keeps it vanilla in the preseason but it just seems to keep seeing the Bills stuck in neutral and do not see much improvement from game one to game three. I am wondering if Jauron is being too soft on these guys. I wish the OL would gel more even if Preston is in there and they would do a better job defensively.
          Since it is pre-season I am not panicking but I am not going into the season with feeling good about how the pre-season went.
          Marv Levy and Dick Jauron believe in playing everyone on the roster and it can get ugly somewtimes!
          I will be worried after Thursday night!
          Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Bulldog
            Top Dog
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Wally
            Marv Levy and Dick Jauron believe in playing everyone on the roster and it can get ugly somewtimes!
            I will be worried after Thursday night!
            Every teams plays most of their players in preseason. It's not like Buffalo is playing another teams starters with thier scrubs. If you're not concerned with what you've seen so far, then I don't know what to tell you.
            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

I'll know what we have after the 1st 5 games have been played.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Bulldog
                Every teams plays most of their players in preseason. It's not like Buffalo is playing another teams starters with thier scrubs. If you're not concerned with what you've seen so far, then I don't know what to tell you.
                Not concerned at all!

Marv Levy teams never look good in Preseason!

He has 1 win ,and that was this year!

Marv has always givin his players a better look then other teams!
                Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Pre season is for evaluating. When they are done evaluating, they'll put the best players on the field for the REAL games. I don't know what is so hard to understand about that.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Night Train
                    I'll know what we have after the 1st 5 games have been played.
                    You got that right!
                    Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by mybills
                      Pre season is for evaluating. When they are done evaluating, they'll put the best players on the field for the REAL games. I don't know what is so hard to understand about that.
                      Preseason games can fool alot of fans....happens every year!
                      Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

The big difference between Marv Levy's teams when he was coaching and now is back then he had quality veterans with great leaders. They could get away with not playing much or making mistakes because everyone knew they would be ready when the season started. This team is young, inexperienced and with so many new starters there is not much cohesion and makes too many mistakes. This is not hockey where you can recover from a bad start because it is a long season. The NFL has only 16 games and the team needs to be ready for the first game. Right now who can say this team will be ready.

In the past few years Buffalo has been very slow out of the gate and finished strong. This teams need to start strong especially with there schedule.

Comment

• Buckets
                          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by don137
                          The big difference between Marv Levy's teams when he was coaching and now is back then he had quality veterans with great leaders. They could get away with not playing much or making mistakes because everyone knew they would be ready when the season started. This team is young, inexperienced and with so many new starters there is not much cohesion and makes too many mistakes. This is not hockey where you can recover from a bad start because it is a long season. The NFL has only 16 games and the team needs to be ready for the first game. Right now who can say this team will be ready.

In the past few years Buffalo has been very slow out of the gate and finished strong. This teams need to start strong especially with there schedule.
                          I've heard this before, but they didn't start off "quality veterans" that came after a few years of few win preseasons. Toward the end Bruce Smith didn't even show up for training camp the first week but not at the start of his career. It has been Marves philosophy that preseason is to evaluate, damn the win loss record. We used to ***** and moan back then too.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Buckets
                            I've heard this before, but they didn't start off "quality veterans" that came after a few years of few win preseasons. Toward the end Bruce Smith didn't even show up for training camp the first week but not at the start of his career. It has been Marves philosophy that preseason is to evaluate, damn the win loss record. We used to ***** and moan back then too.
                            Lets hope you are right!
                            Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

The thing that bothers me is that it's Jauron's fault for why this team looks so lousy with playing football. The truth is that those 3 games are the closest that they have been to regular football, tackling and all that stuff since last year. This has been one of the lamest camps in a while. It was definitely Club Dick. There was no tackling at all, even in the night practices. If there was a tackle or hard hit, the coaches would tell the players to let up a little. There was only 3 freaking two-a-days and they were all in the first weekend. If you want to know why the team doesn't look prepared....maybe it's because of lack of practice! If Coach Jauron and his assistants want to know who to blame, I say that they point the finger at themselves for basically using training camp as another OTAs/mini-camp.

Comment

Working...
                              X