PDA

View Full Version : Orien Harris?

Mahdi
08-28-2007, 08:05 AM
Wasn't Orien Harris highly regarded coming out of The U? He's a typical Cover 2 DT isnt he? Maybe a Miami Fan can shed some light. He has already been cut by the Steelers and Browns, however those are both 3-4 teams which he wasn't familiar with. I think he's worth a shot to bring him in for a look.

Mr. Pink
08-28-2007, 08:22 AM
Wasn't Orien Harris highly regarded coming out of The U? He's a typical Cover 2 DT isnt he? Maybe a Miami Fan can shed some light. He has already been cut by the Steelers and Browns, however those are both 3-4 teams which he wasn't familiar with. I think he's worth a shot to bring him in for a look.

I don't know much of him on the collegiate level but I know he didn't impress the Browns staff too much and he was listed as an End, not a Tackle.

He does have some size though, he's like 6'2" 302.

Only problem is, even if he was highly touted, he only got into 2 games last year.

bigbub2352
08-28-2007, 08:26 AM
Problem with him is that he was cut and being as young as he is he didnt get pciked up by anyone that i know of, i liked him comin out of the U but i heard he is soft, Hey i am lookin for any help on DLine too, couldnt be anyworse than Manny ****ing Wright, let him come in and see what he's got

Mahdi
08-28-2007, 08:32 AM
I don't know much of him on the collegiate level but I know he didn't impress the Browns staff too much and he was listed as an End, not a Tackle.

He does have some size though, he's like 6'2" 302.

Only problem is, even if he was highly touted, he only got into 2 games last year.
Yeah the thing is he was used as a DE in a 3-4 which may not have suited him. I'd like to see what he can do. He was supposed to be a good run stuffing DT who could also rush the passer, pretty much what we need.

OpIv37
08-28-2007, 08:37 AM
Problem with him is that he comes from Duuuhhhh U. We don't need another lazy player with a bad attitude.

Mr. Pink
08-28-2007, 08:37 AM
Yeah the thing is he was used as a DE in a 3-4 which may not have suited him. I'd like to see what he can do. He was supposed to be a good run stuffing DT who could also rush the passer, pretty much what we need.

What a read on him before was he was stout vs the run. Which I thought might be helpful for the Browns seeing they're weak vs the run as well as the Bills. But apparently he didn't show that. Could be talent, could be scheme.

If he was a DT in college and still able to play that position, I'd be for bringing him in. Thing is he's been coached to be a DE now for a couple years, and we're not at a point where we can take time to "untrain" him of what he's learned to play the defensive end position.

He might be worth a look see though. If he requires "coaching" and re-learning the Defensive Tackle position, he won't be of any help to us this season, in all honesty.

eyedog
08-28-2007, 08:39 AM
Worth a look. Can't be much worse than the garbage currently playing d-tackle.
Actually I would bring in every d-tackle that hits the wire this week.

bigbub2352
08-28-2007, 09:03 AM
ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN TIM ANDERSON

Mahdi
08-28-2007, 09:05 AM
ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN TIM ANDERSON
Tim Anderson actually had a decent game last week. He made a couple tackles where he slid all the way down the line pretty nicely, and he also had that deflected pass at the line.

DraftBoy
08-28-2007, 09:05 AM
He was a 3-4 DE, Cover 2 DT coming out of school. But he has been lazy, when he applies himself he's a hell of a football player. If we can motivate him lets bring him in. I also mentioned him in my potential practice squad guys thread.

OpIv37
08-28-2007, 09:09 AM
Tim Anderson actually had a decent game last week. He made a couple tackles where he slid all the way down the line pretty nicely, and he also had that deflected pass at the line.

don't let one pre-season game atone for 3 years of mediocrity. In the first two games, he was manhandled by 3rd stringers and camp fodder at the end of the games.

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 09:32 AM
The days of expirmenting with players who were highly regarded out of college and never lived up to expectations like Andre Davis are over. That was all good in the first year of rebuild when our coaches were hoping to find diamonds in the rough in the FA market. Honeymoon's over and no more expriments for now.

blackonyx89
08-28-2007, 09:34 AM
GIT R DUN!!!!!