PDA

View Full Version : Dogs lives are more important than humans.

blackonyx89
08-28-2007, 08:31 AM
Shows you how twisted society is. In the movies an action hero can kill dozens,hundreds or thousands of people,but kill an animal and people goes nuts!!!! One of the rules in filmmaking is that you must save the animal/animals. Sad,but true. Vick is still wrong for the record and the judge who's going to sentence him and he's a dog owner. Bye,bye Vick!!!!

OpIv37
08-28-2007, 08:39 AM
a movie is a movie.

If an animal is killed in a movie, certain people go nuts but most people realize it's just a movie and PETA was on set to make sure no animals were really hurt.

I really don't like all these comparisons between Vick and people who commit murders or beat their wives or engage in other criminal activity. Vick's behavior is not justified just because other people have committed worse crimes.

cocamide
08-28-2007, 08:45 AM
It's not necessarily that dog's lives are more important than human lives, it's that we have more compassion for defenseless things than we do for human adults. If a film maker showed 100 children getting tortured, we'd get pretty sick to our stomachs. So, I think it's the defenseless factor, and not just because they were man's best friend.

Ickybaluky
08-28-2007, 08:45 AM
If an animal is killed in a movie, certain people go nuts but most people realize it's just a movie and PETA was on set to make sure no animals were really hurt.

I still am not over Hooch taking that bullet for Tom Hanks. They didn't have to kill him off, and I don't give a crap about the batch-of-puppies happy ending either.

TacklingDummy
08-28-2007, 08:46 AM
What they do to Greyhounds after their racing career is worse then what Vick did.

FlyingDutchman
08-28-2007, 08:50 AM
It's not necessarily that dog's lives are more important than human lives, it's that we have more compassion for defenseless things than we do for human adults. If a film maker showed 100 children getting tortured, we'd get pretty sick to our stomachs. So, I think it's the defenseless factor, and not just because they were man's best friend.

agreed. also the manner in which they were killed definately has an effect.

blackonyx89
08-28-2007, 08:55 AM
agreed. also the manner in which they were killed definately has an effect.

I've seen footage after footage of dogs being tortured on the news and my brother saw it too and he cringed at the graphic nature of the fights and beating on the news.

But I was more disturbed when I saw the drowned bodies in Spike Lee's documentary "When the Levees Broke".

Dr. Lecter
08-28-2007, 08:57 AM
Why is there any desire to make comparisons?

What Vick did was disgusting. What OJ did was worse.

Vick is going to get one year in jail. OJ should have gotten life. What Rae Carruth did is worse too, and he has a life long home.

Trying to compare this stuff is stupid.

TacklingDummy
08-28-2007, 08:58 AM
Whoever told me BS by rep. Here is 2 examples for you.

Revealed: the man who killed 10,000 dogs

THE secret slaughter of at least 10,000 racing greyhounds by one man has been exposed by an undercover investigation.
For the past 15 years David Smith, a builders’ merchant, has been killing healthy greyhounds no longer considered by their trainers to be fast enough to race. He buries them in a one-acre plot at the back of his home in Seaham, Co Durham.

http://www.gagah.co.uk/Neglect%20&%20Abuse.htm

It is hard to think of someone abusing greyhound dogs, but that is exactly what the state is investigating after dogs tested positive for cocaine and three others died from heat exhaustion.

The same trainer at the Daytona Beach Kennel Club cared for all of the dogs.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2007/8/25/state_investigates_greyhound_abuse.html

Those are just two stories of many on the abuse of greyhounds.

ddaryl
08-28-2007, 09:59 AM
I think it's pretty disgusting that people are actually trying to find reasons for Vick not to be prosecuted and shamed in the way that he has been.

Vick is a multi-millonaire athlete who had life by the balls. All he had to do is walk a semi straight and narrow and he'd be set for life 100, maybe thousands of times better then 99% of the world. Instead he used his place in life to fund and partake in a form of entertainment that is simply barbaric, repulsive, and disgusting.

Vick will lose his career and his endorsements, if he had brutally murdered a human the way he treated those dogs he'd be put in the electric chair !!!!

So if you ask me, Vick will still get off quite lightly, and he deserves every single bit of what he is going to get.

I don't understand how could anyone try to downplay this? That's the deal when you are in the public's eye, when you succeed we lavish you with increased fame, money and opportuity. BUT when you screw up we run you through the ditch. It's a double edge sword, and it ain't nothing but Vicks fault. He made the choices that put him in this position and he is paying the price he deserves to pay.

So tell me blackonyx89... exactly how should Vick be treated by the public. Should we forgive him because he mentioned Jesus? If that's the case lets forgive and release every murderer, child molester, and mobster that has ever mentioned JC's name. Let's let Vick return to fotball next season and lets all buy his jersey because he is a better man now and deserves to be fully forgiven for brutally training animals to fight for his pleasure and financial gain while torturing/murdering the dogs that didn't meet his shallow expectations.

Maybe we should remind people of the adventures of Ron Mexico...

Stewie
08-28-2007, 10:07 AM
vick is a repulsive fool.. and as ESPN's Tom Jackson said, one four minute speech doesn't make up for a lifetime of asshat behavior.

blackonyx89
08-28-2007, 10:10 AM
I think it's pretty disgusting that people are actually trying to find reasons for Vick not to be prosecuted and shamed in the way that he has been.

Vick is a multi-millonaire athlete who had life by the balls. All he had to do is walk a semi straight and narrow and he'd be set for life 100, maybe thousands of times better then 99% of the world. Instead he used his place in life to fund and partake in a form of entertainment that is simply barbaric, repulsive, and disgusting.

Vick will lose his career and his endorsements, if he had brutally murdered a human the way he treated those dogs he'd be put in the electric chair !!!!

So if you ask me, Vick will still get off quite lightly, and he deserves every single bit of what he is going to get.

I don't understand how could anyone try to downplay this? That's the deal when you are in the public's eye, when you succeed we lavish you with increased fame, money and opportuity. BUT when you screw up we run you through the ditch. It's a double edge sword, and it ain't nothing but Vicks fault. He made the choices that put him in this position and he is paying the price he deserves to pay.

So tell me blackonyx89... exactly how should Vick be treated by the public. Should we forgive him because he mentioned Jesus? If that's the case lets forgive and release every murderer, child molester, and mobster that has ever mentioned JC's name. Let's let Vick return to fotball next season and lets all buy his jersey because he is a better man now and deserves to be fully forgiven for brutally training animals to fight for his pleasure and financial gain while torturing/murdering the dogs that didn't meet his shallow expectations.

Maybe we should remind people of the adventures of Ron Mexico...

Like I said,he was wrong and he's paying the price by going to jail. As far as his beliefs in Jesus,that's his personal beliefs and he wanted to say that he's a changed man to the world. Then again,he didn't have to do that.

I know that a lot of people say that Jesus is a cop out,but it's better to have him than not.

I know that we're supposed to forgive and forget,but in this case people won't forget and that's why he may never throw another football again.

Imagine if you were in his shoes,you would do the same thing.

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Vick and Pacman would've been great role models as far as people who have made it out of the ghetto and made something out of themselves.

Now they are role models for those who have made it out of the ghetto and threw it all away. if you don't get the ghetto out of you and start committing crimes , you pay.

They deserve what's coming to them. I don't care if it's about killing animals or humans. There's no place for cruelty in this world.

Dr. Lecter
08-28-2007, 10:11 AM
Like I said,he was wrong and he's paying the price by going to jail. As far as his beliefs in Jesus,that's his personal beliefs and he wanted to say that he's a changed man to the world. Then again,he didn't have to do that.

I know that a lot of people say that Jesus is a cop out,but it's better to have him than not.

I know that we're supposed to forgive and forget,but in this case people won't forget and that's why he may never throw another football again.

I think most everybody here is too smart to be in his shoes.

casdhf
08-28-2007, 10:13 AM
At least they gave up playing the race card.

Wally The Barber
08-28-2007, 10:17 AM
I think if Vick was shooting people he might have got a life long suspension! (lol)

Michael82
08-28-2007, 10:34 AM
At least they gave up playing the race card.
What shocks me the most and proves to me how guilty he is of all these sick and disgusting crimes is that the two assclowns that always chime in for these type of cases have kept their mouths shut. Where is Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson? They have been extremely silent and that's just odd.

LtBillsFan66
08-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Shows you how twisted society is. In the movies an action hero can kill dozens,hundreds or thousands of people,but kill an animal and people goes nuts!!!! One of the rules in filmmaking is that you must save the animal/animals. Sad,but true. Vick is still wrong for the record and the judge who's going to sentence him and he's a dog owner. Bye,bye Vick!!!!
I agree.

TacklingDummy
08-28-2007, 10:40 AM
It's funny how Pitbulls are the victim this time. It's only a matter of weeks before we hear about how another Pitbull just killed some kid/person.

blackonyx89
08-28-2007, 10:48 AM
What shocks me the most and proves to me how guilty he is of all these sick and disgusting crimes is that the two assclowns that always chime in for these type of cases have kept their mouths shut. Where is Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson? They have been extremely silent and that's just odd.

Imagine if it was a white player. Do you think the hate would as intense?
Hard to say.

Voltron
08-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Well Jamie Fox said that Vick was not getting a fair shake and that it wouldn't be as big a deal if a white NFL player were caught doing this. :rolleyes:

Michael82
08-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Hard to say.
If it was Peyton Manning, everyone would be SHOCKED as ever because everyone loves him. I have a feeling that he would get almost as much hate as Vick. People love their pets. And dogs are off limits to most people. Myself included. I personally want to see Vick have his uniform soaked in raw meat overnight. Put him on a field and put 100 hungry, angry pitbulls on there with him. Let them smell the meat and have fun. :evil: :mad:

casdhf
08-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Hard to say. It would probably be worse.

LtFinFan66
08-28-2007, 11:15 AM
onyx, please leave the race card out of this. It's way overplayed IMO

Valerie
08-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Hard to say.
I'd still hate his miserable guts. His color has absolutely nothing to do with my hatred. Cruelty like love is blind and has no color.

TacklingDummy
08-28-2007, 11:21 AM
. I personally want to see Vick have his uniform soaked in raw meat overnight. Put him on a field and put 100 hungry, angry pitbulls on there with him. Let them smell the meat and have fun. :evil: :mad:

So you care more about a dog's life then a human's life?

Dr. Lecter
08-28-2007, 11:24 AM
Excellent article on the race angle of this whole thing

We've been here before. It was November 7, 1991, Magic Johnson stood before hundreds of cameras and told the world that he was HIV positive.

His announcement rocked the sports world. Allegedly Magic's johnson taught us all a lesson about irresponsible sex, groupies and the pitfalls of a celebrity lifestyle. We vowed to do better.

Nothing changed.

Last week we learned that 28-year-old Travis Henry, a decent NFL running back, has fathered nine children by nine different women in four different states. In America, especially among superstar athletes, sex is still mostly thoughtless and unprotected.

Worse, 16 years after Magic's announcement, there are far more average Americans chasing the lifestyle that nearly killed Magic, incarcerated Paris and drugged Lindsey Lohan. So, forgive me, I'm not all that hopeful that we will implement anything we've gleaned from Michael Vick's reality TV show.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7160334

BlackMetalNinja
08-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Excellent article on the race angle of this whole thing

We've been here before. It was November 7, 1991, Magic Johnson stood before hundreds of cameras and told the world that he was HIV positive.

His announcement rocked the sports world. Allegedly Magic's johnson taught us all a lesson about irresponsible sex, groupies and the pitfalls of a celebrity lifestyle. We vowed to do better.

Nothing changed.

Last week we learned that 28-year-old Travis Henry, a decent NFL running back, has fathered nine children by nine different women in four different states. In America, especially among superstar athletes, sex is still mostly thoughtless and unprotected.

Worse, 16 years after Magic's announcement, there are far more average Americans chasing the lifestyle that nearly killed Magic, incarcerated Paris and drugged Lindsey Lohan. So, forgive me, I'm not all that hopeful that we will implement anything we've gleaned from Michael Vick's reality TV show.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7160334

Maybe nobody learned from Magic Johnson because it's 16 years later and he's absolutely fine???

TacklingDummy
08-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Maybe nobody learned from Magic Johnson because it's 16 years later and he's absolutely fine???

He's fine because he can afford the best of everything.

BlackMetalNinja
08-28-2007, 11:34 AM
He's fine because he can afford the best of everything.

I didn't question why he was fine, I simply made the point that it's harder to learn a lesson about the negative consequences of something when you don't actually see them...

casdhf
08-28-2007, 11:48 AM
OJ was suprising, Manning would be suprising, Tiki Barber would be suprising

Vick is not suprising.

Ickybaluky
08-28-2007, 12:09 PM
If it was Peyton Manning, everyone would be SHOCKED as ever because everyone loves him.

Manning could just blame Eli and everyone would believe him.

STAMPY
08-28-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm so tired of black people covering for black players. When they are 100 % wrong. They try reasoning for them. Saying it is wrong But....

There is no but...

Stop playing the race card... you are a bigot.

I bet if Brett Favre did it. You'd feel different. The guy who made this thread. I have seen him use race card before. It is annoying

blackonyx89
08-28-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm so tired of black people covering for black players. When they are 100 % wrong. They try reasoning for them. Saying it is wrong But....

There is no but...

Stop playing the race card... you are a bigot.

I bet if Brett Favre did it. You'd feel different. The guy who made this thread. I have seen him use race card before. It is annoying

I'm not covering for Vick. That brotha done messed up! LOL!

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 12:29 PM
Hard to say.
when the white man gives Vick millions of dollars it's all good. When he does something stupid on his own, it's racist all of a sudden? Give me a break.

mikemac2001
08-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Well Jamie Fox said that Vick was not getting a fair shake and that it wouldn't be as big a deal if a white NFL player were caught doing this. :rolleyes:

Well who cares what jamie fox has to say, Hes Black!!!

i kid i kid

madness
08-28-2007, 12:37 PM
The simple yet cruel fact of the matter is...

Life is important only when the world takes notice.

Michael82
08-28-2007, 12:38 PM
So you care more about a dog's life then a human's life?
I care more about innocent dogs than I do a disgusting, vile piece of **** that thinks it's fun to watch dogs fight eachother to the death and then enjoys torturing the losing dogs to death. :ill:

ddaryl
08-28-2007, 01:32 PM

He is paying the price by losing his livelihood, by being beat up in the media, by how the public percieves him from this day forward AND by going to jail. If you think merely going to jail is punishment enough... you're wrong. He deserves every signle thing that is happening to him

As for the Jesus thing. I could care ****ing less what he has found. I'd be more impressed if he took what money he has left open up a shelter for mistreated animals and dedicate the rest of his life to healing broken down pit bulls and greyhounds. I do not believe that Vick is being honest about his finding Jesus, it's just an easy way to gain some favor with the public.

As for forgiving Vick... I can forgive him if he does what is neccessary over the years ahead, but it sure won't be because he mentions Jesus in a press conference, or anywhere for that matter.

Also, I would never be in his shoes, because I couldn't live with myself if I ever engaged in such an activity. I have made my mistakes in life, but I can say I have never participated in anything as brutal or violent. I still do not lead a perfect life in some peoples eyes, but that is for me and my god to discuss face to face when the time comes. For me to proclaim that I found god or Jesus would be me doing nothing more but manipulating people to gain favor.

TacklingDummy
08-28-2007, 01:49 PM
I care more about innocent dogs than I do a disgusting, vile piece of **** that thinks it's fun to watch dogs fight eachother to the death and then enjoys torturing the losing dogs to death. :ill:

So it's ok to do this to a human... "I personally want to see Vick have his uniform soaked in raw meat overnight. Put him on a field and put 100 hungry, angry pitbulls on there with him. Let them smell the meat and have fun"

But not to watch dogs fight?

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 01:50 PM
So it's ok to do this to a human... "I personally want to see Vick have his uniform soaked in raw meat overnight. Put him on a field and put 100 hungry, angry pitbulls on there with him. Let them smell the meat and have fun"

But not watch dogs fight?
well humans already do this on their own. Ever watch MMA?