PDA

View Full Version : Lost in all the crappiness of the D in preseason ...

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Is the O.

When you think of it, our D was actually ranked higher than the O last year .

The D may have given up a ton of yards but not points. On the flipside the O hasn't gained a lot of yards on the ground and hasn't scored.

One would think that the the boards would be filled with more whining about the O than the D.

Are we jaded because JP is a nice guy? :idunno:

Wally The Barber
08-28-2007, 10:22 AM
Is the O.

The D may have given up a ton of yards but not points. On the flipside the O hasn't gained a lot of yards on the ground and hasn't scored.

One would think that the the boards would be filled with more whining about the O than the D.

The offense has been addressed in FA and the fans have more patience with the new players!
The D has some glaring weaknesses and they still need to be addressed!

OpIv37
08-28-2007, 10:24 AM
The O certainly hasn't produced the way it should. I think part of it is the "vanilla" effect- people realize that we're not working with the whole playbook and hope it will get better. That may be a bit too optimistic. The starting O needs to be a LOT more consistent and take pressure off the D.

As far as the D, they're going against other teams' vanilla O's and still look like ****. At least in the first game, the first team O barely had a chance because the first team D couldn't get off the field.

So, that's probably why the D is getting more scrutiny than the O. But in reality, both units have been disappointing thus far in pre season and really need to step it up if this team is going to do anything this year.

raphael120
08-28-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm more jacked up about the offense, thats the side of the ball with all the money poured into it, the offensive line, JP supposivly so much better, Lynch is the second coming of Thurman Thomas, you'd think we'd be more productive.

JP seriously did not show me he built upon anything last season.

If our offense is going to be predicated on the long bomb to Evans, we're NOT going to win 7 games. Try 5 or less. We don't have the leadership on defense anymore to make things happen. Fletch wont intercept balls and run them back for TD's, and Clements won't be layin hits into guys making them fumble the balls. Clements won't be shutting down Harrison anymore, or anyone for that matter. Whens the last time McGee "shut down" a receiver?

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 10:25 AM
The offense has been addressed in FA and the fans have more patience with the new players!
The D has some glaring weaknesses and they still need to be addressed!

despite the O being addressed they haven't shown anything.

Wally The Barber
08-28-2007, 10:30 AM
despite the O being addressed they haven't shown anything.

They arn't playing as well as we had hoped but I think they will be OK!

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 10:35 AM
The O certainly hasn't produced the way it should. I think part of it is the "vanilla" effect- people realize that we're not working with the whole playbook and hope it will get better. That may be a bit too optimistic. The starting O needs to be a LOT more consistent and take pressure off the D.

As far as the D, they're going against other teams' vanilla O's and still look like ****. At least in the first game, the first team O barely had a chance because the first team D couldn't get off the field.
the D has been running vanilla D's as well. Ask Whitner.

So, that's probably why the D is getting more scrutiny than the O. But in reality, both units have been disappointing thus far in pre season and really need to step it up if this team is going to do anything this year.

Which is why I'm wondering why we complain more about the D than the O when the D as bad as it might have been in the past, it was better ranked than the O.

duhbilz
08-28-2007, 10:42 AM
The O certainly hasn't produced the way it should. I think part of it is the "vanilla" effect- people realize that we're not working with the whole playbook and hope it will get better. That may be a bit too optimistic.

All teams are Vanilla right now, not all are srtuggling!

mikemac2001
08-28-2007, 10:45 AM
ITS ****ING PRESEASON

like were gonna show our money plays....all we are running is our normal singleback **** run some basic routes run the idea of the system its nothing

ive never cared about preseason only thing i dont like seeing is bad tackling and injuries

OpIv37
08-28-2007, 11:01 AM
ITS ****ING PRESEASON

like were gonna show our money plays....all we are running is our normal singleback **** run some basic routes run the idea of the system its nothing

ive never cared about preseason only thing i dont like seeing is bad tackling and injuries

well if we're not doing that, neither are other teams- please explain why they look so much better than us.

Plays aren't going to make JP's passes more accurate or make Robert Royal pay attention or keep Larry Tripplett from being easily steered aside or teach Keith Ellison how to tackle.

Mahdi
08-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Is the O.

The O has scored.

mikemac2001
08-28-2007, 11:34 AM
well if we're not doing that, neither are other teams- please explain why they look so much better than us.

Plays aren't going to make JP's passes more accurate or make Robert Royal pay attention or keep Larry Tripplett from being easily steered aside or teach Keith Ellison how to tackle.

Jp passes will be more accurate because with the new routes or formations it will allow more space so JP wont have to worry about the INT

And robert royal sucks and hopefully wont play in regular season so that fixes number 2

and Ellison wont start long because COY will take the job from him

and larry tripplett will be better because we can use more of our D scheme which allows him to not get steered aside....see op problem solved 19-0 WOOOO

again preseason is a joke like every post you make op im not trying to say this team is perfect but really no one looks OUTSTANDING in preseason

OpIv37
08-28-2007, 11:47 AM
Jp passes will be more accurate because with the new routes or formations it will allow more space so JP wont have to worry about the INT

And robert royal sucks and hopefully wont play in regular season so that fixes number 2

and Ellison wont start long because COY will take the job from him

and larry tripplett will be better because we can use more of our D scheme which allows him to not get steered aside....see op problem solved 19-0 WOOOO

again preseason is a joke like every post you make op im not trying to say this team is perfect but really no one looks OUTSTANDING in preseason

no one looks outstanding but most don't look downright awful. We look awful.

mikemac2001
08-28-2007, 12:17 PM
no one looks outstanding but most don't look downright awful. We look awful.

Ya but thats what preseason is for isnt it, See what some weaknesses are improve on them and try to get rdy for the season

what annoys me is no one seems to get that, all i hear is how we suck and we are going 0-16 well no not exactly right now our team is working on unity and the basics

were not going to show our playbook againist the titans in the 2nd half of a meaningless preseason game

i do see your concerns but hey they have 2 weeks before a game matters so chill

i dont think this is a super bowl team but i feel we will be competitive and can win games. so lets hope the coaches can coach and we can fix some of these problems in 2 weeks instead of sitting here *****ing and moaning like we always see in every post