PDA

View Full Version : CBS Sportsline - Bills finish 2nd in AFC East

The Answer
08-28-2007, 12:26 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10319886

Buffalo Bills (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/page/BUF)

Significant additions: G Derrick Dockery, LB Paul Posluszny, RB Marshawn Lynch, T Langston Walker, G Jason Whittle.

Significant subtractions: RB Willis McGahee, LB London Fletcher, LB Takeo Spikes, CB Nate Clements, G-T Mike Gandy, G Tutan Reyes.

Biggest offseason move: Trading McGahee to the Ravens and drafting Lynch to take his spot. The Bills think Lynch fits their system better than McGahee.

Will got to the playoffs if ... J.P. Losman continues to develop the way he did late last season.

Rookie to watch: Lynch. They think he's the next Thurman Thomas. That's high praise, but he can run it and catch it, much like Thomas did.

Overview: If Losman can play at a high level, this is a team that can push for a wild-card spot. There is a lot of good, young talent here. They've drafted well the past few years, and that will start to show. They might be a year away from real contention, but a .500 record, maybe even 9-7, is possible.

~The Answer

mikemac2001
08-28-2007, 12:29 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10319886

Buffalo Bills (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/page/BUF)

Significant additions: G Derrick Dockery, LB Paul Posluszny, RB Marshawn Lynch, T Langston Walker, G Jason Whittle.

Significant subtractions: RB Willis McGahee, LB London Fletcher, LB Takeo Spikes, CB Nate Clements, G-T Mike Gandy, G Tutan Reyes.

Biggest offseason move: Trading McGahee to the Ravens and drafting Lynch to take his spot. The Bills think Lynch fits their system better than McGahee.

Will got to the playoffs if ... J.P. Losman continues to develop the way he did late last season.

Rookie to watch: Lynch. They think he's the next Thurman Thomas. That's high praise, but he can run it and catch it, much like Thomas did.

Overview: If Losman can play at a high level, this is a team that can push for a wild-card spot. There is a lot of good, young talent here. They've drafted well the past few years, and that will start to show. They might be a year away from real contention, but a .500 record, maybe even 9-7, is possible.

~The Answer

Hope is lost!

RockStar36
08-28-2007, 12:38 PM
It's realistic.

They were 7-9 last year and about two plays away from 9-7. A full off-season of housecleaning, tweaking, and adjusting and they can improve. A full off-season of JP and the gang with the same system helps as well.

The Answer
08-28-2007, 12:45 PM
Miami Dolphins

Significant additions: QB Trent Green, LB Joey Porter, WR Ted Ginn, K Jay Feely, TE David Martin, FB Corey Schlesinger, C Samson Satele.

Significant subtractions: QB Daunte Culpepper, DE Kevin Carter, QB Joey Harrington, T Damion McIntosh, TE Randy McMichael, WR Wes Welker.

Biggest offseason move: Getting Green to play quarterback. They gave up on Culpepper and landed Green, who struggled last season after taking a severe hit to the head in the opener for Kansas City.

Will get to the playoffs if ... Dan Marino comes back in his prime. In other words, it isn't happening.

Rookie to watch: Ginn. He'll start off as a return man, but eventually he will become a factor in the passing game.

Overview: New coach Cam Cameron has an interesting team. He has some rising talent and some aging players who can still get it done. But he doesn't have the right quarterback, and we know this is a quarterback-driven league. The Dolphins will struggle with Green as their passer, and look for rookie John Beck to get on the field by November. This will be a much better team in 2008.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Poor Dolfellon fans - wonder if this was posted on Finheaven yet?

~The Answer

OpIv37
08-28-2007, 12:50 PM
I stopped reading after they called Gandy and Reyes significant subtractions. That destroyed their credibility.

thecoordinator
08-28-2007, 12:57 PM
overall, i don't see how we look any worse than you guys right now. and defensively, we're definitely better.

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 12:59 PM
overall, i don't see how we look any worse than you guys right now. .
maybe you'll see better if you took off your teal and orange glasses.

THATHURMANATOR
08-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Most likely the Bills and Phins will be fighting it out for third. That is the Realistic choice. I certainly could see either team suprising for second. The only way first is even an option would be if Brady snaps a femur. Even then it is unlikely

BAM
08-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Very nice.

thecoordinator
08-28-2007, 04:53 PM
maybe you'll see better if you took off your teal and orange glasses.

why is it so impossible for a bills fan to call it like it is? i've seen all 3 bills and fins preseason games. the buffalo defense hasn't been much more than a field decoration and actually seems to have gotten worse with each game. despite being on the field most of the first half, you didnt look that bad vs the saints and i thought the run D was pretty good as niether bush nor mcallister got off. but then vs the falcons their 3rd string back, playing with the 1st team, was running all over you guys and joey harrington actually looked like a QB at times. then last week vs the titans you had your worst defensive performance of the preseason. on offense, i know you're worried about the running game because the big money FAs don't seem to have made that much of a difference up front. jp has looked like jp, good sometimes and not so good others. he can definitely chuck it deep, but there is virtually no short passing game to speak of. roscoe has looked VERY solid though.

the fins first team defense has been very solid and that's without taylor thomas traylor and porter, who combined have played about 2 series and that was game 3. its our 2nd team that has played early in games vs 1st units and given up yardage, mostly through the air. trent green and the first team offense were downright PATHETIC vs the jags as our o line was manhandled by the jags front. it was a circus. however, they have shown improvement each week and given the fact that mularky no longer has the keys, you expect that unit to look better than last year - not that much better, but better. trent green is junk, but its not because of his pocket awareness and decision making. it's his dead arm. maybe its from camp, maybe not...

either way you look at these 2 teams, the only aspect of them that resembles anything near playoff caliber is the miami defense, and it's the reason why we were able to destroy the bears in chicago - how'd you guys do there? - and shutout the pats 21-0. you guys went 1-5 vs playoff teams last year and i read jp has 1 career win vs teams above .500. is that true? if things come together and your "potential" turns into production, you guys could be a force in the next 2-3 years. but this year? not a chance. i think both miami and buffalo are 6-7 win teams. the jets are an 8-9 win team and the pats once again will own the afc east.

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 06:24 PM
why is it so impossible for a bills fan to call it like it is?.
I don't think you should be asking that? You're as much of a homer as FTP.

patmoran2006
08-28-2007, 06:37 PM
It's realistic.

They were 7-9 last year and about two plays away from 9-7. A full off-season of housecleaning, tweaking, and adjusting and they can improve. A full off-season of JP and the gang with the same system helps as well.
THey were also four plays away from 3-13.

If the Vike's Wr (I think Robinson) doesnt drop that ball he extended for on a perfect pass in final minute the Bills lose that game.

If Clements doesnt get his hand on the ball last second that tips into Ko Simpson's hand near end of GB game the way our pathetic offense looked we lose that game.

If Losman doesnt make the throw of his life to Peerless Price in the endzone in final minute vs Houston we lost that game.

If Roscoe Parrish doesnt make a great play in the final seconds to get the game into OT vs Jags, we lose that game.

I dont believe in that ****. 99.999% of the time, a team wins or loses the game, not on a play, but because they deserved to win or lose it.

Mitchy moo
08-28-2007, 06:47 PM

If the Vike's Wr (I think Robinson) doesnt drop that ball he extended for on a perfect pass in final minute the Bills lose that game.

If Clements doesnt get his hand on the ball last second that tips into Ko Simpson's hand near end of GB game the way our pathetic offense looked we lose that game.

If Losman doesnt make the throw of his life to Peerless Price in the endzone in final minute vs Houston we lost that game.

If Roscoe Parrish doesnt make a great play in the final seconds to get the game into OT vs Jags, we lose that game.

I dont believe in that ****. 99.999% of the time, a team wins or loses the game, not on a play, but because they deserved to win or lose it.

Over the course of a season you steal a few, you win a few.

thecoordinator
08-28-2007, 06:51 PM
I don't think you should be asking that? You're as much of a homer as FTP.

lol have you seen any of my ***haven posts?

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 07:12 PM
lol have you seen any of my ***haven posts?

in the past. That's why I know you're a homer. Maybe you;ve changed since then.

PECKERWOOD
08-28-2007, 11:07 PM
BUMP

Looks like this writer thinks the Bills will fair much better than most of the bafoons running around here are predicting.

Way to 'BILLIEVE' Bills fans.

SABURZFAN
08-28-2007, 11:49 PM
it's possible that we can finish 2nd. :up:

Slim
08-29-2007, 12:53 AM

Horseshoes and handgrenades.

jamze132
08-29-2007, 03:20 AM
I don't really think we are going to finish 2nd this year. The Jet's are going to be about the same as last year but us and Miami didn't do much to improve. I think the Phish actually finish third ahead of us because of their defense. This year might be a very ****ty year.

I know I have flip flopped back and forth but if the pre-season is any sign of what's to come, I might crap my pants and sit in it all day. I will be very disapointed. I just don't see any fire from anyone on the team.

BillsFever21
08-29-2007, 04:24 AM
This is funny. One of the biggest homers around here ripping on a fin fan for being a homer.

Reality Check is we only won one more game then the Dolphins last season and we haven't done much more this offseason.

Mr. Miyagi
08-29-2007, 06:27 AM
Most likely the Bills and Phins will be fighting it out for third. That is the Realistic choice. I certainly could see either team suprising for second. The only way first is even an option would be if Brady snaps a femur. Even then it is unlikely
I think we're all fighting for the second spot with the Jets. I don't know how they got to the playoffs last year because they really were that good. After the Patriots, everyone's jockeying for position I think.

Oaf
08-29-2007, 09:25 PM

Correction. We were tied, and were therefore guarenteed OT. Parrish made a spectacular play to get us in field goal range which we hit as time expired.
Anything could have happened in OT.