PDA

View Full Version : Its easy to be negative...

xXSpIkes5IXx
08-28-2007, 12:29 PM
Honestly, cmon guys!

We lost a bunch of key players, JP is not playing like a franchise QB in the preseason, the o-line is not looking good etc, so i can see where the negative energy is coming from.

But honestly, when your team isnt winning, its easy to be negative. Its the NFL, theres a 16 game season, and all the teams are so close that any team can win on any given sunday. So quit writing us off 2 weeks before the season starts.

The NFL has the most parity of any sports league out there, a team gets hot, and can surge toward the playoffs out of the blue. Why cant that team be the Buffalo Bills? We dont look like a playoff team on paper, but neither did the new england patriots in 2001, or the st louis rams in 1999, or even the saints last year.

My point is, for all the negative projections and observations being made so far this preseason, its still POSSIBLE that the Buffalo Bills could win enough games to make the playoffs this year, and being a fan is about holding on to that hope, even if it is a slim hope. I dont expect us to be in the playoffs but i dont believe writing off a team or a player before the season starts is intelligent, especially when you are a "fan" of that team. If that makes me a
"homer" so what? I honestly am sick of many of the posters here, who sound like marshall faulk on the NFL network.

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 12:31 PM
All this negativity will look stupid after we beat the snot out of the Broncos

Playoffs baby!!!!

mikemac2001
08-28-2007, 12:31 PM
Ya but we look bad in preseason

OpIv37
08-28-2007, 12:44 PM
All this negativity will look stupid after we beat the snot out of the Broncos

Playoffs baby!!!!

just like it did when we beat the snot out of NE and Jacksonville at the start of 2003 or when we beat the snot out of Houston at the start of 2005 or when we took NE down to the wire at the start of 2006?

OpIv37
08-28-2007, 12:46 PM
no one's saying it's impossible- just that it's highly unlikely. I'm not going to get all excited and positive about a remote possibility. I also bought Mega Millions tickets for the $250 million jackpot tonight, but I'm not going to get excited about it because I know the chances of winning are slim to none.

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 12:49 PM
just like it did when we beat the snot out of NE and Jacksonville at the start of 2003 or when we beat the snot out of Houston at the start of 2005 or when we took NE down to the wire at the start of 2006?

no, we have a better D now. ;)

Playoffs baby!!!!