PDA

View Full Version : Taking the Homer Glasses Off...

Mudflap1
08-28-2007, 12:54 PM
This team is going to win no more than 5 or 6 games this season unless the offensive line starts to block effectively and consistently in the running game.

Yes, it's preseason, no, you can't read too much into it, but preseason does tell you some basic things if you pay attention. The running plays have been very simplistic so far, however, the run blocking has been piss poor.

The defense is young and has some talent, but they are going to struggle a lot this season regardless, we already know this. What do you do about that? Keep them off of the field. How do you do that? Play good offense. How do you do that? Run the ball.

Losman is still not consistent, but heck, how consistent can you be if there is no running attack? This team cannot afford to be one-dimensional in the passing game and have a young, struggling defense, we're going to get mauled. The running game needs to get going. That will open up the pass and make the game easier for Losman, and keep the defense off the field, which will lead the way to closer games. If the offensive line doesn't step up, then Losman is going to have to pass like crazy (which is not what we want) which will probably lead to a lot of three and outs, sacks, etc., and the defense is going to be on the field a lot more, which is going to lead to a lot of points given up.

In short, when the season starts, watch the offensive line. That's the key to this entire season in a nutshell. We'd better start running against Denver and keep it up, or it's going to be a very, very long season.

Jon

THATHURMANATOR
08-28-2007, 12:55 PM
who cares?

Goobylal
08-28-2007, 01:04 PM
The Bills were unfortunate to suffer injuries to Fowler and Butler that kept them out an extended and critical period of time. I believe that's what Jauron was referring to when he said the run game "needed more time."

Thankfully Fowler is back. Hopefully Butler returns soon and they start him immediately.

Mudflap1
08-28-2007, 01:30 PM
who cares?

If you don't care about winning, then I guess you wouldn't care... depends on your perspective. If you want to win, you better block.

Intelligent response nonetheless :rofl:

Jon

THATHURMANATOR
08-28-2007, 01:37 PM
If you don't care about winning, then I guess you wouldn't care... depends on your perspective. If you want to win, you better block.

Intelligent response nonetheless :rofl:

Jon

Yes because me caring about winning has anything to do with the outcome on the field.... :rolleyes:

Enough already people.

Philagape
08-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Someone who doesn't care about winning is better off watching kindergarten t-ball, where they don't keep score and everybody's a winner.

Mudflap1
08-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Someone who doesn't care about winning is better off watching kindergarten t-ball, where they don't keep score and everybody's a winner.

There you go Thurm! Maybe you can start a message board :rofl:

Jon

OpIv37
08-28-2007, 01:47 PM
Yes because me caring about winning has anything to do with the outcome on the field.... :rolleyes:

Enough already people.

His opinion is that if we don't block, we don't win, and he makes a pretty good case for it. It's a message board to talk about the Bills so I'm not really sure what the point is of your "who cares" response. If you don't care about other people's opinions on the Bills, why read any posts at all?

justasportsfan
08-28-2007, 01:48 PM
where they don't keep score and everybody's a winner. and tons of hot single moms?

don137
08-28-2007, 01:55 PM
While I have been disappointed in the OL play I would not panic yet. I agree that having Butler and Fowler out hurt but I would of liked to see them gel more. With essentially three new starters on the OL it takes time to become cohesive and know what the other guy is doing and who they are picking up. I know they will become much better, I just wish it would of happened in preseason.

Mudflap1
08-28-2007, 02:04 PM
While I have been disappointed in the OL play I would not panic yet. I agree that having Butler and Fowler out hurt but I would of liked to see them gel more. With essentially three new starters on the OL it takes time to become cohesive and know what the other guy is doing and who they are picking up. I know they will become much better, I just wish it would of happened in preseason.

Well said.

Jon

THATHURMANATOR
08-28-2007, 02:07 PM
What is the difference really? Your "caring" has not bearing on either event.

THATHURMANATOR
08-28-2007, 02:09 PM
His opinion is that if we don't block, we don't win, and he makes a pretty good case for it. It's a message board to talk about the Bills so I'm not really sure what the point is of your "who cares" response. If you don't care about other people's opinions on the Bills, why read any posts at all?
I am free to post my feelings Op.

THATHURMANATOR
08-28-2007, 02:10 PM
The Realilsts have drained my ability to care anymore. I hope you are happy! :bf1:

duhbilz
08-28-2007, 02:10 PM
This team is going to win no more than 5 or 6 games this season unless the offensive line starts to block effectively and consistently in the running game.

Yes, it's preseason, no, you can't read too much into it, but preseason does tell you some basic things if you pay attention. The running plays have been very simplistic so far, however, the run blocking has been piss poor.

The defense is young and has some talent, but they are going to struggle a lot this season regardless, we already know this. What do you do about that? Keep them off of the field. How do you do that? Play good offense. How do you do that? Run the ball.

Losman is still not consistent, but heck, how consistent can you be if there is no running attack? This team cannot afford to be one-dimensional in the passing game and have a young, struggling defense, we're going to get mauled. The running game needs to get going. That will open up the pass and make the game easier for Losman, and keep the defense off the field, which will lead the way to closer games. If the offensive line doesn't step up, then Losman is going to have to pass like crazy (which is not what we want) which will probably lead to a lot of three and outs, sacks, etc., and the defense is going to be on the field a lot more, which is going to lead to a lot of points given up.

In short, when the season starts, watch the offensive line. That's the key to this entire season in a nutshell. We'd better start running against Denver and keep it up, or it's going to be a very, very long season.

Jon

The Oline will get better, it's inevitable! unless injuries happen, the Oline will improve and as long as the FO keeps the continuity with the Oline they will progress. There is enough talent there. The peoblem is JP's un-easy pocket presence. He needs to be calm and patient in the pocket and he's yet to do that as a pro. Till the QB play becomes more consistent the Offense will be a question mark. The coaching staff seems to want to give JP every chance...as they should, but he needs to improve his ability to play in the pocket. That means being able to hit people in tight coverage to move the chains even when he's about to be hit himself as well as hitting the deep pass.

Mr. Pink
08-28-2007, 02:11 PM
I am free to post my feelings Op.

But, don't you have to "care" in order to have feelings one way or another?

They tend to go hand in hand.

THATHURMANATOR
08-28-2007, 02:13 PM
But, don't you have to "care" in order to have feelings one way or another?

They tend to go hand in hand.
No when when you lose your ability to care you will understand.

BlackMetalNinja
08-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Yeah, I don't even get this one Thurm... it seems like the first principle of being a fan of a team is whether or not you care how they do...

Philagape
08-28-2007, 02:25 PM
What is the difference really? Your "caring" has not bearing on either event.

Nothing said on the boards at all has any bearing on it, so let's just shut the boards down.

Philagape
08-28-2007, 02:26 PM
The Realilsts have drained my ability to care anymore. I hope you are happy! :bf1:

:jig: :dance: :clap:

Mudflap1
08-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Thurm's turned into Jim from the old tv show "Taxi"..........

Jon

THATHURMANATOR
08-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Nothing said on the boards at all has any bearing on it, so let's just shut the boards down.
As long as you understand this point than the boards are great.

THATHURMANATOR
08-28-2007, 02:28 PM
Thurm's turned into Jim from the old tv show "Taxi"..........

Jon
That is a little before my time.

Meathead
08-28-2007, 08:51 PM
http://animationart.com/albums/userpics/10004/thumb_HomerGlasses.jpg

Mudflap1
08-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Nice! Exactly.

Jon

Meathead
08-28-2007, 09:14 PM
that pic makes me lmao every time its so perfect

patmoran2006
08-28-2007, 09:27 PM
I hope your wrong because if the success of this team is based on the strength of an OL consisting of Fattie Walker, Whatever Whittle and Fowler; then we are in big ****ing trouble.

you know whats funny.. Is ALL SPRING and summer long til now I"ve heard over and over again about our "much improved" OL.

Derrick Dockery does NOT make for an improved OL.. He makes for an improvement at LG.

From center on down to the right, our OL is still deplorable and thats not going to get it done.

Our philosophies suck....

Yeah, lets get smaller and faster on defense. Don't think about the fact that offensive lines and tight ends/fullbacks will simply MANHANDLE you all over the field.

HONESTLY speaking.. There is not a single spot of STRENGTH on this entire defense. SChobel is a very good player.. That's it.

Our Front four as a whole sucks.. Our LB's are even worse (at least until Poz catches up and Crowell gets to 100%)-- and our cornerbacks?? LOL, please most of them would be lucky to even have a JOB on most other teams, even the ****ty ones.

Bone
08-28-2007, 10:14 PM
I hope your wrong because if the success of this team is based on the strength of an OL consisting of Fattie Walker, Whatever Whittle and Fowler; then we are in big ****ing trouble.

you know whats funny.. Is ALL SPRING and summer long til now I"ve heard over and over again about our "much improved" OL.

Derrick Dockery does NOT make for an improved OL.. He makes for an improvement at LG.

From center on down to the right, our OL is still deplorable and thats not going to get it done.

Our philosophies suck....

Yeah, lets get smaller and faster on defense. Don't think about the fact that offensive lines and tight ends/fullbacks will simply MANHANDLE you all over the field.

HONESTLY speaking.. There is not a single spot of STRENGTH on this entire defense. SChobel is a very good player.. That's it.

Our Front four as a whole sucks.. Our LB's are even worse (at least until Poz catches up and Crowell gets to 100%)-- and our cornerbacks?? LOL, please most of them would be lucky to even have a JOB on most other teams, even the ****ty ones.

Exctly how I feel, Jason Webster is a complete joke.

If Marshawn does not dick on teams, and Poz doesn't play EXTREMLY WELL I could easily seeing us having a top 5 pick.

I think we are going to be be a below average team that just gets a couple spoiler wins against like 1-3 teams this year.

5-11 is my prediction, I can also seeing us be 0-5 the first 5 weeks. I just think some people or addicted to the word vanilla and dont want to think we could be this bad this year.

Im still going to root for the Bills like how I do every year and I hope they win more than I projected.

Turf
08-28-2007, 10:54 PM
I'd worry more about the defensive line at this point. The run defense is a sieve. And in true fashion of the last ten years, neither our coaching staff nor players can figure out that on 3rd down, the receiver is probably going to run to the marker and turn around and catch the ball.
Possibly the dumbest organization ever.

PECKERWOOD
08-28-2007, 11:02 PM

No ****.. So much negativity and we haven't played a single regular season game yet. Where is the hope? What happened to BILLIEVING? The mood swings on this board really make me wonder if some people here are bipolar or something.

Meathead
08-28-2007, 11:20 PM
http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/10180/200.jpg

SABURZFAN
08-28-2007, 11:31 PM
and tons of hot single moms?

HOT MOMS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tat2dmike77
08-28-2007, 11:58 PM
Whats the name of the team your running again? Oh thats right your not.